InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ a forgotten love and a forgotten child ❯ A bedtime story ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I do NOT own any of the characters or the show Inuyasha. But I do own sweet little Kaida, she is my made-up character.
 
Okay guys here's the next chapter :D Thanks for all the great reviews I actually did enjoy reading them. Any who, I did most of the story in Inuyasha's point of view since some of you wanted to know what he does. Sorry my mistake, for making more of kagome's point of view that is. Okay all you emo's and punk's and everyone else enjoy the story!
 
 
Part. 8- A bedtime story.
 
 
 
 
 
(*)(*)(*)
 
 
 
After dinner kagome carried Kaida upstairs. “Well that was an interesting dinner” Kagome said to her self as she laid the sleepy hanyou on her well sized bed that they shared, after Kaida out grew her crib.
 
“There we go sweetheart” Kagome smiled. She watched Kaida slowly close her green eyes and drift into sleep. “Oh no you don't Pumpkin butt” kagome said as she awoke the sleepy Kaida.
 
“Mama” Kaida whined sleepily “I'm tired”
 
“I know honey bunch, but first its bath time” Kagome explained with a grin on her face. Kaida's eyes grew wide then she lost interest and fell back on the bed. Kagome put her hands on her hips and rolled her eyes. She almost never had a hard time having Kaida to take a bath. But Kaida was as stubborn as her father when it came to something she didn't feel like doing.
 
“Kaida…bath time” kagome smiled.
 
“Mama…night-night time” Kaida said in reply. Kagome sighed and picked up Kaida in her arms and took her to the bathroom that was connected to the room. She set Kaida on the floor and turned on the warm bath water. Kagome knelt down in front of Kaida who slowly began to drift to sleep standing on her feet.
 
“Arms up” Kagome instructed with a motherly smile. Kaida took a step back crossed her arms and shook her head no. Kagome chuckled lightly. “Come on Kaida. The faster we take your shirt off, the faster you take a bath, the faster we both go to sleep. Huh?”
 
Kaida shook her head one more time. Kagome got closer to her daughter with an eager smile. “Kaida my little cupcake” she said as she took Kaida in her arms “if you don't take a bath you know what will happen?” Kaida shook her head once again.
 
“I won't be able to do this” kagome laughed and tickled her child. Kaida giggled and wiggled in her mother's arms.
 
“Otay! Otay!” Kaida shouted between giggles as kagome stopped tickling her.
 
“Good” kagome said and kissed Kaida on her cheek. “Arms up” and this time Kaida lifted her arms as kagome took off her shirt and the rest of her clothes. She helped Kaida get into the tub. Kagome watched as Kaida played and laughed in the warm water of the tub.
 
 
 
 
(*)(*)(*)
 
 
 
 
After bath time was over kagome took Kaida out of the tub and dried her off.
 
“Okay pumpkin butt, arms up” Kaida smiled and shook her head. “Okay then-…” kagome smiled and got ready to tickle the small child.
 
“Otay! Otay!” Kaida giggled as she rose her arms up in the air. She was already wearing her undies and all kagome needed to do was put on her pajamas. After kagome finished dressing her child she picked her up and tucked her into bed.
 
“Mama?”
 
“Yeah sweetheart”
 
“Will you tell me a story?” Kaida asked as her green eyes looked deeply into kagome's. Kagome smiled “Sure sweetie”
 
 
 
 
 
 
(*)(*)(*)Inuyasha's P.O.V(*)(*)(*)
 
 
 
Inuyasha had bumped into kaida earlier in the day. He had also managed to catch a glimpse of his lost love. He sat on the tree next to kagome's window. He had figured that kagome was taking kaida a bath. He sat next to her window and glimpsed up at the sky.
 
How long do I have to keep on hiding from kagome? Not too long I hope. I have to show my self and claim what belongs to me. Her love. Heh…what a surprise will kagome go through when she sees me in her door step.
 
Inuyasha heard movements and peeked in her room. There she was tucking kaida into bed. How he wished that he was there with her to help with their child. To be the good father he wanted to be. But things weren't going as planned. He still didn't have the guts to go up to her and show her his love. No guts to show himself back into her life. No guts to kiss her lips and hold her tight. But he was slowly gaining them. Hopefully…for his sake. -_-
 
He watched kagome and his daughter.
 
 
 
(*)(*)(*)Regular P.O.V (*)(*)(*)
 
 
 
 
Kagome cuddled with kaida under the small blanket and began to tell her story “Once upon a time there was a girl.”
 
“Was she pretty?” Kaida asked.
 
“Well you can say that” Kagome replied as she thought of who this girl actually was. “Anyway, this girl's name was Kagome”
 
“So she is pretty! Cause she's you!” Kaida giggled. Kagome laughed “Yes sweetie very pretty”
 
“Kagome thought she lived a normal life, she didn't believe in any stories her grandpa told her about a magical place”
 
“What magical place?” Kaida asked with a quizzical look.
 
“A magical place called The Feudal Era” kagome said as kaida's eyes grew with curiousness of this new place. “He would always tell kagome stories about the Feudal Era and a beautiful jewel called The Shikon No Tama“
 
“Shiwan no-what?” kaida asked as she raised a brow.
 
Kagome laughed lightly “Shikon No Tama, kaida, The Shikon No Tama is a powerful jewel that grants many wishes and makes someone stronger” kagome explained. Kaida thought about it then she nodded with a satisfied look on her face.
 
“One day” kagome began with the story “On the kagome's birthday, she was on her way to school when she found out her cat was lost somewhere down in a creepy small shrine. Her younger brother was too frightened to go down and get the cat so she went down herself. Inside the small shrine she found the cat, she picked him up and prepared to go up the stairs and out, but behind her there was a well. This well was covered in sutras. There was a noise coming from inside. `What's that?' her brother asked. Then all of a sudden something burst out and pulled her in!” kagome said in an exciting tone. Kaida gasped “No way”
 
Kagome smiled “When Kagome was being pulled down the well she saw the most hideous thing. It was a monster. A woman's body attached to a centipede's body. All of a sudden there was a flash of light and she ended back in the well. `I must of fallen in the well, must of bumped my head…err maybe not' kagome said as she looked at the centipede's arm that had fallen off. She climbed up the well and she noticed something. She wasn't in the creepy shrine where she had fallen into. The Kagome called out to her brother and the rest of her family. She climbed out the well and walked into the forest, she had seen the sacred tree and knew she was close to home. But then she saw the most bizarre sight. And that's when she first saw HIM”
 
Kaida looked at her mother “Who?”
 
Kagome smiled at the memory “A young boy.” Kagome spoke. “Kagome looked at him; he was pinned against the tree with an arrow. She went up to him and saw something she just couldn't believe. He had…little white doggy ears”
 
Kaida's eyes widened as she remembered Inuyasha's doggy ears. Kagome began “It wasn't long when she was captured by some men wearing topknots. They took her to a village, where she met a wise old priestess named, Kaede. Kaede looked closely at kagome's face. She untied kagome and took her to her hut. There she told her how much kagome resembled her older sister kikyo” kagome smiled weekly at the memory and continued “Soon there was a huge noise, kagome and kaede ran outside and there it was! The huge mistress centipede from before!”
 
Kaida gasped. “Oh no! Run kagome! Run! ”
 
“Kagome thought for a bit, she new that mistress centipede was chasing her. So she ran towards the light coming from the forest. Kaede was surprised that she could see the light coming from the forest, HIS forest” kagome said.
 
“Who's his?” kaida asked.
 
“Hold on” Kagome smiled “She ran until she bumped into that strange boy again, but this time he was alive”
 
Kaida smiled and kagome continued “He called her kikyo; he was confusing kagome with the woman that pinned him to the tree. Kagome told him that she wasn't this Kikyo everyone kept talking about. Then Mistress Centipede attacked again! She bit kagome and threw her in the air, kagome watched as a small pink particle flew right out of her body `was that the Shikon jewel?' she asked herself. After kagome landed mistress centipede squeezed kagome and the young boy on the tree, she wanted to crush them to death, until kagome pulled out the arrow that was pinned to him, after she took it of he burst right through the centipede and killed her. The Shikon jewel was gained back and now the boy's next victim was the very own kagome” Then kagome stopped. “What happens next?!” Kaida asked excitedly.
 
“You're gonna have to wait until tomorrow night” Kagome smiled and kissed her child goodnight.
 
“Aw mama!” Kaida whined as she was being tucked in. “Kaida!” Kagome mimicked her. “But I'm not sleeeeeepy” kaida protested. “Goodnight sweetheart” Kagome smiled kissed her goodnight, once again, and turned off the lights. Kaida slowly drifted into a deep slumber.
 
 
 
 
(*)(*) Inuyasha's P.O.V (*)(*)
 
 
 
Inuyasha watched as kagome soon drifted off into sleep. He smiled weekly at the memories he held when she would sleep in his arms. “That stupid wench” Inuyasha whispered and lightly jumped in through the window, which kagome forgot to close shut.
Inuyasha landed quietly and looked around. He watched kagome's steady breathing and with his delicate hearing, counted her heart beat, one by one. He smirked as kagome and slowly walked up to her. Kagome lay there deep in slumber, her breathing slow and steady, a peaceful look on her beautiful face. Inuyasha slowly caressed her face. How he loved the feeling of her velvet skin against his fingers. He leaned closer to her face. Closer to those perfect lips. He longed to kiss those lips, lips like morphine. (Hehehe…yeah…I like that band...) The kisses that shocked him like lightning and brought him down. He smiled at kagome and leaned in for a kiss. Oh god he felt like he was in for it now but how this kiss would be dramatically vain. No!, a voice in his head screamed, No…I can't do this…not now, not like this. I want to feel that lightening strike me and bring me down. I want to feel her lips press against mine. Inuyasha pulled back, a saddened expression fell over his face. He growled, barely waking up his love and jumped out the window.
 
 
 
 
 
(*)(*)(*)
 
 
 
 
Inuyasha sat on the tree next to kagome's window. He hadn't slept all night. He wasn't even tired at all. Inuyasha stood, he hadn't anything planned that day at all. Well he did over hear kagome say something about taking kaida to the park, he would probably just fallow and keep on eye on the loved girls. The hanyou sighed deeply and looked into kagome's window. She was deep asleep with kaida on her side. He smiled at his daughter, he watched as her eyes slowly opened. Amber eyes similar to his shimmered in the dim sunlight that came in through the window. Kaida sat up and stretched; she rubbed her eyes and looked around. A yawn escaping her small velvet lips. Kaida stood and crawled off the bed. She went into the bathroom and brushed her little fangs…well what little she had :D When she came out she walked out the room.
 
Inuyasha had a tint of curiosity in his stomach and jumped in the room once again. He looked back at kagome and walked out her door. With his sensitive hearing inuyasha could hear the rest of the family still sleeping. He fallowed kaida's scent to the stair case. There she was sitting on the stair case; she sat on one then on the next until she reached the bottom. Inuyasha quickly reached the bottom and looked around.
 
It's been a long time since I've been here, he thought.
 
So what? You're gonna cry now? A voice in the back of his mind said. It was his Youkai blood talking.
 
Keh, of course not! What am I? A wimp? Inuyasha answered.
 
Well since you haven't gone up to kagome…I'd say yeah you are a wimp…
 
(*growl*) would you shut up! I am not a wimp! I'm…I'm just looking for the right moment…
 
To do what? Talk to kaida again on hide behind kagome's window? Cause I'm confused!
 
Ah! Shut up! Will you!
 
……fine but you suck…
 
Inuyasha shook his head and kept on fallowing kaida's trail. She found her in the kitchen on top of the counter. God knows how she got up there -_- she was a crafty little girl. It amazed kagome so much what kaida was capable of doing. Inuyasha watched as kaida looked for a bowl and a spoon. She carefully climbed off the counter top and tried to open the fridge.
 
“Ugh! Open!” she whispered to herself as she pulled with all her might.
 
Inuyasha sighed and walked over to her., He grabbed the handle and easily opened the fridge door. Kaida smiled but it soon faded away as soon as she noticed that she hadn't opened the door. She looked up and there was Inuyasha smiling at her.
 
“YA-!” she was about to yell when Inuyasha covered her mouth.
 
“SHH! Kaida do you wanna wake up the whole house?” he asked as he took his hand of the young hanyou.
 
She shook her head as an answer and jumped in Inuyasha's arms. He stood and hugged her tightly as if she would disappear.
 
Kaida... please help me with this…if I lost you- - if I can't confront your mother, I'll loose you forever. I don't want that, Inuyasha thought.
 
Kaida smiled at her father, then gave him a quizzical look. “What's wrong?” she asked him as she poked his cheek.
 
Inuyasha gave her a week smile. “Nothing” he answered her.
 
“I- Inuyasha? Is that you?” asked a voice behind him.
 
Inuyasha's eyes went wide. He hoped it wasn't her. But it wasn't, he recognized her scent; her wonderful aroma. It definitely wasn't kagome. Inuyasha turned around to face Souta.
 
“Inuyasha it is you!” Souta cheered as he ran to him.
 
“Hey kiddo” Inuyasha said as he put kaida down. Souta quickly hugged him tightly.
 
“Gee Inuyasha I thought I'd never se you again!” inuyasha grunted.
 
“Feh, you don't have to hug me” He said as he pulled souta off of himself.
 
Souta laughed nervously. “Sorry yash” he said as he scratched his head in a nervous matter. He looked down at kaida “Do I guess you already now about kaida” he said as he looked back at inuyasha.
 
“Yeah, for quite some while now” Inuyasha responded seriously.
 
“Does kags now?” he asked.
 
Inuyasha shook his head in response “And you won't tell her right?”
 
Souta jumped up, straightened himself and saluted “Scout's honor!”
 
Inuyasha smirked “Alright then- - well I gotta go before kagome wakes up and sits me 100000000000000 times” Inuyasha said and picked up kaida.
 
“Later kiddo” he smiled and hugged her.
 
“Leaving so soon yash” she said and put a frown on.
 
Inuyasha chuckled, “Sorry kiddo but yash has things to do and people to go see”
 
Kaida hugged him tightly and he handed her back to souta. “Later souta” he said as he ruffled the kid's hair. Souta unable to fix it since he had kaida in arms.
 
“Bye inuyasha, I promise I won't say a word” and with that inuyasha disappeared out of the home.
 
“Promise what?” kaida asked as she hugged souta around his neck.
 
“Nothing munchkin just men stuff” he said and retreated back upstairs along with kaida.
 
“But I can be a man too” kaida said in retort.
 
“Yeah, and kagome can grow a mustache in 5 seconds” souta joked. Kaida giggled “Why don't we play video games” he offered and kaida gave out a bug hurray. Soon their voices retreated as they reached their destination.
 
 
 
 
(*)(*)(*)
 
 
 
Inuyasha stood before the hidden well. His eyes starring down into the thick black holes of hollowness. Once through a new world was ready to meet him, a place of his birth and childhood, a place where he had met his first two loves; that place where he and kagome shared their love for each other. Where their child was conceived without a thought of it, without knowing. How many memories rushed through his mind, too many time has he gone down there with kagome by his side. Too many times has he been wanting to see her peak her jet black head up the well and into his arms.
 
“Well-…here goes nothing” he said and jumped down the well.
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~OKAY!, I'M FINISHED, FOR THIS CHAPTER NON THE LESS. PLEASE READ AND REVIEW! I WANT REVIEWS! AND GOOD ONES TOO! OKAY NEXT CHAPIE WILL BE GOOD OH SO GOOD~~~~