InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Guilded Prison is still a Prison ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Great Dog General's youngest son was to be born to a human Princess Izayoi. Now The Dog General had just finished his fight with the Dragon Lord Ryukotsusei and was grievously wounded. He would surely die from such injuries. But he had to retrieve his Princess first. So he went to where she was taken by Takemaru no Setsuna. He rushed the army of Samurai that stood between him and his love. Upon entering the burning manor he found his love dead on the ground with his son in his arms. Not having time he grabbed his son and before he could flee with him he was sliced in the back by Takemaru himself. He knew he had to get his son out of there so he turned and swung his sword at him. Takemaru ducked and Inu no Taisho kicked Takemaru into a wall before fleeing with his newborn son. He hated having to leave his love behind but it was either flee with the pup or revive her and face the monster that was the Human Samurai Lord. He heard the building collapse and Takemaru's screams as he burned to death. They were his solace.

As he ran toward his Castle Home he was attacked by several lower demons wanting to finish him off or kill his youngest son a Hanyou. Hanyou were seen as abominations in the demon and human world. They were not wanted by either of them. Inu no Taisho was among them actually despite his youngest son being a Hanyou or Half breed as many called them. The pup lived because he was a symbol of his love for Izayoi nothing more nothing less. She had wanted a child with him so he had let her keep the child she bore from him. And now he had lost her and it was this child's fault at least in his mind anyway.

Once home with the pup he locked himself in his room only allowing the healer into his room. His Eldest son was kept away until he was fully healed. When he was fully healed he allowed his Eldest son Sesshoumaru to see him again and only explained he didn't want him to see him like that. Sesshoumaru understood and said no more on the issue. The Hanyou pup was kept with Inu no Taisho and tended to by a wet nurse who was later silenced permanently when the pup no longer needed her. The Pup learned early on that he had to be quiet. So late at night when he was awake he would entrain himself with the moonlight instead. He was always quiet because his Father had been so angry with him on the way to their home.

The Hanyou pup apply named Inuyasha grew up in the castle with his Father and Elder brother though the two had never met Inuyasha could smell him on their Father's kimonos when he returned to the room. Inu no Taisho was not a kind man to Inuyasha he was always angry and quick to punish him for any misdeeds or slights he perceived big or small.

It had been 5 years since the day of his birth and the death of his mother. Inu no Taisho was away at a meeting and Inuyasha was free to do as he pleased so long as he stayed in the room he had been locked into upon his Father leaving the Castle. He sat on the window seat near the open window. He was playing with the birds that flew up to the window to see him when he called them. He was whistling like them and they would answer back.


Sesshoumaru hearing the weird call and smelling a new scent that smelled of family went to see what it was and was shocked to see a small pup in the window of His Father's chambers. He went to call to the pup when he saw the pup snatched from the window harshly and the windows slammed shut just as he heard his Father's angry snarl and Sesshoumaru was curious as to who that pup was and why he was there. So he thought to ask his father who the pup was only for Inu no Taisho to say, “He is nobody you need to worry about. You will leave him alone is that understood Sesshoumaru.”


“Yes sir.” said Sesshoumaru bowing before leaving his father's study to return to his own room.


In his thoughts though was a different mater, 'Who is that pup? And why was Father so angry that he was merely playing with the birds on that flew to him when called? And why did he smell like family yet I have never met him?'


Sesshoumaru tried for years to find the pup when his Father was away but never found him. He never saw him again either. Though he knew the pup was still in the castle. He would smell him every so often either on a passing servant, guard, or his own Father. It was annoying especially when told by a servant they can't tell him anything about the pup they had seen. When Inuyasha was 15 his Father came to his chambers.


“Good day My Lord.” said Inuyasha bowing as always


“Pack everything you own into your trunk and be done before I return.” said Inu no Taisho before leaving the room just as swiftly as he'd come.


Inuyasha did as he was told. He packed all his belongings which was just his kimonos since he had nothing else. He looked around his room or his Prison cell however you wanted to look at it and sighed. He had known this was coming when he'd heard whispers of a new manor being built far from the castle and the very high thick wall that was being built around it. He softly said, “From one cage to another like a clipped bird. When am I ever gonna be free to fly on my own in the sky.”


When Inu no Taisho returned he tossed a cloak at him and said, “Put it on and don't you dare let anyone see your ugly face.”


He put it on and said, “Yes sir.”


They walked through the castle which was deserted. Sesshoumaru had caught the scent again and followed it only to see a cloaked figure following his Father. He went to the window and hid behind the curtain so no one would see he was there and saw the pup look toward the castle. Sesshoumaru saw the pup's face and gasped. The pup was beautiful like an angel or a carved statue. 'Maybe that is why Father had him locked up. He is so beautiful he is worried someone will take him away from him. Or harm him in some way.'


But his questions only grew in numbers as he saw his Father round on the pup and smack him so hard he fell to the ground and his hood fall off. He saw the twin pup ears perched on his head and heard his Father snarl, “I told you before we left your damn room not to let anyone see how disgusting you were Halfbreed do not tempt me again or so help me it'll be a strap you feel not my hand.”


“Yes sir. Sorry.” said Inuyasha pulling his hood back up as he rose from the ground


Only to be roughly grabbed and thrown toward the carriage as Inu no Taisho said, “Just get in the carriage you worthless idiot.”


Sesshoumaru was horrified and thought, 'I have never seen Father so angry before. And why would he strike the child just for looking at the Castle? For that matter why is there a Halfling pup in the castle in the first place? As far as I know Father has never laid with anyone but Mother and I know mother never took a human to her bed and even if she did the pup would've been with her not here with Father and I. This mystery is just getting more and more weird. I wonder where they are going?'


It was a month before Inu no Taisho returned to the Castle and when he did Sesshoumaru said, “Father where did you go you just disappeared?”


“I had to take care of some business.” said Inu no Taisho as he walked past Sesshoumaru.


Sesshoumaru said, “And the one who left with you? Why did they not return?”


Inu no Taisho stopped and said, “I took him home where he belonged.”


“Does he not belong here with us? He is family is he not?” said Sesshoumaru


Inu no Taisho then did something he had never done before he slammed Sesshoumaru into a wall by his throat and snarled near his face, “Don't ever bring that worthless bastard up again do you understand me? He is nothing to either of us but a mistake. One I have rectified. Is that clear boy?”


“Yes Father.” said Sesshoumaru in a strained voice


Inu no Taisho dropped Sesshoumaru harshly and he sat on the ground holding his neck as he looked after his enraged Father as he made his way through the castle. Sesshoumaru merely kept his thoughts to himself, 'I had a little brother. One that was kept from me and one I will never see again.' He allowed the tears to fall down his face as he laid in his room that night and as he cried he merely sent his prayers up to their mother the moon, 'Please Mother watch over the little brother I have lost. Father has made a grievous mistake and has committed the worst crime. He has taken the life of a child he himself allowed to be born. Allow him into your halls and keep him safe and love him as our Father should have as I would have had I been given the chance.'


Sesshoumaru spent the rest of the night mourning the little brother he lost. He ended up crying himself to sleep with only the moon as his witness. The Goddess of the moon though watched it all from her halls of glass. She watched the Moon pup weeping for the halfling child her brother had taken a liking too. She frowned though as she looked at that child and left her glittering halls for the royal halls of the Western Lord.


She stood in the Moon pup's room and went to his bed and brushed his hair from his face and said, “Don't worry child your brother is fine.”


The Moon pup stirred but only slightly and murmured, “Mother?”


She smiled and kissed his head and said, “Sleep my precious one and know your Brother is safe.” she covered him more before brushing his bangs from his head and touching the moon mark making it glow, “His name is Inuyasha. This is so you can see your brother if only in your dreams.”