InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou's Thoughts ❯ chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Kanna,' Naraku called with his mind. `It is time. Watch Kagura.'
 
`Yes, Master.' Was Kanna's reply before Naraku severed the link.
 
After this he headed down to the lowest part of his small castle and then went through the trap door there. Locking it securely behind him, he started to change. Things gushed out of him, demons, of all shapes and sizes. It was again time for his once a month ritual.
 
In this form Naraku was vulnerable to everything, even attacks form his own creations. And he wouldn't put it past them to try. Some, like Kagura, would do it to be rid of him and free. Other, like Kanna, would have no other reason other then they felt like it or some such.
 
He might not trust her, just as he didn't trust anyone else, but Kanna was the only one Naraku would tell. If he came under attack, and that was very unlikely, he would be able to inform Kanna and have her destroy the vermin that attacked. Or he could always do it himself, if he was whole again.
 
But for now he just let his mind slip away, deeper inside himself, so that he could have the stronger demons eat the weaker one, and gain strength. It was a messy process and Naraku hated it, but it was necessary. If he didn't gain strength, then there would be no way that he would be able to totally rule the world.
 
As he sank deeper and deeper into his mind, forgetting about all of the things he had said for Kanna, Kagura, and all the other demons he controlled to do, he never noticed a piece of himself detach itself from him and rolled/crawled away. It wasn't very fast, but it had all the time it needed to get out of the castle and into the forest that surrounded it. Not once did Naraku notice or open his eyes.
 
As it rolled and crawled along it took a sort of shape. It grew arms, four of them, and used them to crawl faster. It formed what could only be a head which moved and twisted this way and that, as though looking around, even though it had no eyes.
 
It never once changed its path or direction. Always it went in a straight line, oozing around trees and over bushes, always reforming on the other side of them. It was a grotesque site to behold. It went along like that for over a mile until it came to the end of the thicker part of the forest and into a less dense part. Here it stopped to rest, and to grow itself more limbs.
 
The shape it took was human, or seemed to be. It looked as though a sculpture had taken very wet clay and tried to mold a person from it only to come up with this. As it sat there, it grew longer and slimmer, as tall as a man but as skinny as a women. The arms were long and narrow, and the legs were thick. It had no neck, instead its head rested on what might be called the chest of the thing. It didn't seem to have that much of a midsection, instead just a thin, rather narrow, spine that connected it's top to the bottom.
 
It sat there for some time, not moving except for the occasional growth of something or a shrink of something else. All in all, it was ugly, a nightmare, the perfect image of a demon bent on destruction. And there was no reason not to believe that, it had come from Naraku, the most evil demon of them all.
 
A few hours went past and it still didn't move. Not until the sound of footsteps broke that air. Its head swiveled all the way around to the back of its body to face the thick forest. As the footsteps approached the skin of the thing started to move and bubble, as though in high heat. But it didn't bother the thing, it just kept staring at the same place.
 
It stared and stared until something stepped out of the thick trees and into the brighter light of the sparse trees.