InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Mere Act of Kindess ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
---Chapter Two

Sesshomaru was waiting for him next to a bush. "Hey, little brother. What took you so long?" "Huh?" Inu-Yasha looked at him. "Oh... I was just getting my ball," he responded.
"Did it fall in the river again?" Sesshomaru asked with a hint of teasingness in his voice as they started to walk along to their house.
"No, I was also just talking to someone," he said. Sesshomaru snorted. "Someone was talking to YOU?" he sneered. "What did they tell you?" he laughed cruelly. Inu-Yasha's eyes lit up. "Her name's Alleli, and she's really nice, she gave me my ball ba--" Sesshomaru sighed impatiently. "Oh, DO shut up. I don't care," he waved him away as he opened the door into Inu-Yasha's home-- a comfortable house that Inu-Yasha would always say he'd never think of any other house his home. They both walked inside. (Sesshomaru lived with Inu-Yasha's mother during his earlier years.)
As it was getting late, they decided to have dinner early. Their mother had already made their dinner, so all they had to do was sit down and eat. As they ate, Inu-Yasha thought about the nice girl at the bridge that rubbed his ears. He rested his head in his hand, and his fingertips brushed his puppy-dog ears. He smiled a little, remembering the rubby feeling of a human's hands against his ears. Sesshomaru glanced up at him and smirked. "What're you thinking about, little brother?" he asked teasingly. "Huh...?" Inu-Yasha looked up. "Oh... nothing..." he responded and shoved some rice in his mouth to escape further inquiries.

***

Inu-Yasha fell asleep that night, dreaming of Alleli. And when he woke up in the morning, he couldn't dress quick enough. Grinning happily, he grabbed his ball again. "Mother! Is it okay if I go out and play?" he asked eagerly to his mother. Inu-Yasha's mother looked up. "Oh... yes, of course. Just be back in time for dinner," she responded, smiling. Inu-Yasha was already out the door, skipping happily to the bridge. Alleli was already there, waiting under a tree. She was asleep, her head tilted to the side; her neat, yet unruly 'dark-honey' colored hair strewn about her shoulders; her vibrant, light brown eyes closed. Her light blue hakama pants and kimono top neatly pressed and unwrinkled. Her skin was lightly tanned-- like one part cocoa and three parts milk fused together. Her hands were folded in her lap. As a breeze picked up, her hair swirled in the breeze. Inu-Yasha beheld this sight happily and then ran up to her. He eased into her lap and sat there for a few minutes, relaxing happily.
After a few minutes, Alleli stirred. "Hmm...?" she moaned and looked down at the Inu-Yasha who put his arms around her and was cuddled into her breast. "Inu-Yasha..." she smiled. "Well, hello." Inu-Yasha looked up. "Alleli! I was begining to wonder if we were going to sleep all day," he remarked. Alleli laughed and once again grasped his ears and rubbed them. "If you wanted to play, you could've just awoken me," she said. Inu-Yasha shook his head, his puppy ears flapping slightly. "No, if someone's tired, you shouldn't awaken them," he cried out.
"But I wasn't tired, I was just resting... I took a long walk," she insisted.
"Oh. But you were sleeping," he pointed out.
"From tiredness, not sleepyness," she said, laughing rather.
At this point, Inu-Yasha was both confused and curious. "But..." he began, but was cut off.
"Come, there's no need for us to wear ourselves out trying to sort out this mess, so let's play," she smiled down at him. Inu-Yasha smiled openmouthedly and nodded. "Yes! Let's play. I bought by ball," he held up the red rubber object. Alleli smiled again. "Good boy," she said, tweaking his ears again and standing up with him in her arms. Inu-Yasha giggled and held onto her as they walked into the woods, both of them singing songs about nature and her beauty.
They played for hours, until the sun was close to setting. At this point, Inu-Yasha said to Alleli, "I have to go now... but can we play again tomorrow?" he asked eagerly. Alleli nodded. "Of course!" and rubbed his ears again. Inu-Yasha beamed and scooped his ball up. "Bye, Alleli! See you tomorrow!" The dog hanyou called out, laughing and waving, as he ran off to his house. Alleli waved until he was out of sight.