InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Instincts ❯ A Miko's Instincts Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Miko's Instincts Chapter 10
By Majicman
 
 
Disclaimer: No, I certainly do not own any of the characters in InuYasha. I do enjoy playing with `em, though. What's with Sango?
 
 
InuYasha watched Kikyo as she disappeared into the distance. “Well, that was easier than I thought.”
 
Kagome stirred in InuYasha's arms. “InuYasha? I need to lie down.” She looked up into those golden eyes. “You will lie down with me, won't you, InuYasha?”
 
There was a sharp spike in Kagome's scent. InuYasha thought, “What have I done?” and smiled. He looked Kagome deep in her eyes and answered, “Of course. How could I refuse the mother of my pups?” InuYasha picked up Kagome bridal style, carried her to the entrance of Kaede's hut and started to push aside the door flap when they heard someone inside call out.
 
“Wait, InuYasha.”
 
It was the monk.
 
Then a loud whisper. “Quick! Hand me my clothes, houshi-sama!”
 
That was Sango.
 
Kagome and InuYasha exchanged looks.
 
“And why should we wait, Sango?” asked Kagome, giggling. “Have you and Miroku been…busy?”
 
“Yeah, bouzu,” said InuYasha. “Is there something in there you don't want us to see?”
 
“No, there isn't,” called out Sango. Then, to Miroku, “Give me that!”
 
“My dear Sango. Promise me we'll do that again and I'll happily give you back your…”
 
<SLAP>
 
“Are you sure there's nothing going on in there,” asked Kagome.
 
“Yes!”
 
That was both of them.
 
Kagome and InuYasha had waited for about another minute when the ever-impatient hanyou muttered,“I've had about as much as I can take,” and barged in, still carrying Kagome.
 
Miroku was facing the door and saw them immediately. Sango was frantically brushing little bits and pieces off the monk's robe and out of his hair, but quit when she saw Miroku stiffen.
 
Sango spun around. “Nothing going on here,” she squeaked. “A monk should always look his best. Right, houshi-sama?”
 
Miroku took his cue. “Oh, yes! That's right. A monk should look his best at all times. Sango was just helping me straighten up.”
 
Kagome giggled. Even InuYasha laughed.
 
Sango blushed even more, if that was possible.
 
“Please put me down, InuYasha,” said Kagome. On her feet again, she turned to her friend. “Bath, Sango?”
 
“Bath,” Sango, looking mortified, replied.
 
 
“What is it that you want from me, Naraku?” asked Kikyo.
 
Kagura, who had lured Kikyo here, was making it a point to keep Naraku between her and the undead miko. Sure, she had thought of kikyo as “that creepy priestess” before; but now that the walking clay pot seemed to be pursuing her with amorous intent, she really had a serious case of the willies.
 
“You and I have something in common.” Naraku smiled at Kikyo. It reminded Kikyo of the smile of a predator when it knows you can't escape. “We both hate that impudent wench of InuYasha's.”
 
“I care not for InuYasha anymore, Naraku. I have cast my eye on greener pastures.” Kikyo looked at Kagura and smiled sweetly.
 
Kagura backed towards the door.
 
“You will leave when I command you to leave, Kagura!”
 
“Yes, Naraku.” Kagura stopped trying to edge her way to the door, but refused to move closer to Naraku and Kikyo.
 
“But you still hate Kagome.”
 
“Yes.”
 
“If you help me get rid of her…which is something you already wish to do…I will let you have…Kagura.”
 
Kagura's eyes opened wide in shock. “No!”
 
“Know your place, Kagura,” warned Naraku.
 
Kikyo's eyes narrowed. “How is she yours to give? She will fly away at the first opportunity.”
 
Naraku held out something in his hand. It was red and seemed to throb on its own. “This, my dear Kikyo, is Kagura's heart. Crush this and she dies.” To demonstrate, Naraku squeezed the heart with enough force to cause the wind sorceress to clutch her chest and bend over in pain. “If you had her heart…”
 
“You have my attention,” said Kikyo.
 
 
The girls had reached the hot spring and were luxuriating in its warmth. It didn't look like Sango was going to take the initiative, so Kagome decided she'd help her friend by starting things off.
 
“So, how was it, Sango?”
 
“Kagome!” Sango reddened slightly, then remembered that she and Kagome were in the same boat. The taijiya relaxed. “I…I'm not sure what happened.”
 
“What do you mean, Sango?”
 
“Well…one minute I was watching you and InuYasha facing off against Kikyo…and the next minute I had dragged Miroku into Kaede's hut.”
 
“Why would you do that?”
 
Sango blushed. “You were starting your…your…you know…”
 
Kagome blushed. “Go on.”
 
“…and I felt like it would be embarrassing to you to know that we were watching...”
 
“So you went inside so you wouldn't embarrass me?”
 
“Uhhh, yeah. That's it. We'll leave it at that,” replied the taijiya.
 
“There's more to it,” said Kagome.
 
Sango looked a little sheepish. “Yeah. I don't know how to tell you this, but the more I listened to you going through...through…”
 
“I'm not embarrassed, Sango. You're my best friend.”
 
“Thank you, Kagome.” Sango collected herself. “The…the more I listened to you, the more excited I got. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore.”
 
“And that's when you dragged Miroku into Kaede's hut.”
 
“I don't know what came over me.”
 
Kagome smiled. “And I thought you were the most straight laced of us all, Sango.”
 
“Oh, Kagome. I stripped him of his monk's robes. I stripped myself. I threw him on the ground.”
 
Kagome looked at her friend in shock.
 
“And every time you screamed outside…”
 
 
“Wake up, will ya, bouzu?”
 
The monk had been focused on nothing in particular. He looked like he was having a heck of a good daydream. “Huh? Oh, InuYasha. What do you want?”
 
“So, you and Sango. Finally did it, huh?”
 
“Whatever do you mean, InuYasha? I would never injure my dear Sango's honor!”
 
“You forget, monk.” InuYasha tapped his nose a few times.
 
“Ah, the famous Inu sense of smell. I forgot about that,” said Miroku.
 
“Yeah, bouzu. And it smelled like sex in there. I think even Kagome could smell it.” InuYasha laughed. “Wonder what Kaede will say!”
 
“She'll probably say Sango and I should build our own hut.”
 
“You probably should.”
 
“I have one request, InuYasha,” said Miroku.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“You are going to have to build a home for your family, you know. I'd like to build our hut near yours.”
 
InuYasha looked at Miroku in a new light. He actually put his arm around the monk's shoulders. “I'd be honored, my friend.”
 
“You see, InuYasha,” continued the monk. “When Sango hears you and Kagome, she gets incredibly hot.”
 
“Figures,” thought InuYasha. “Monk…”
 
“She came after me.
 
“Ya better stop.”
 
“I was thinking we could work out a signal. You could hang your haori outside your hut when you and Kagome were going to…”
 
“That's it!”
 
 
Kagome and Sango were walking back from the hot spring when they saw InuYasha chasing Miroku through the village.
 
“What's that about?” asked Kagome.
 
“Probably something perverted again,” replied Sango.
 
The girls shuffled along the dirt path back to the village. They were discussing hopes and plans.
 
“And what are you going to do if you're expecting, too, Sango?”
 
“Me? Expecting?”
 
“Well, ya did…uhh…ya know.”
 
“I was just so excited…I couldn't help myself.” Sango sighed and she turned to Kagome with a smile. “But that's what's nice about having a girlfriend from the future. I remembered what you told me about how you could use a…what did you call it?...rhythm method…”
 
“Umm, Sango?”
 
“What?” Sango didn't like that worried smile Kagome had.
 
“That's not exact.”
 
“What?”
 
“I mean…chances are you aren't, but you still could be.”
 
“You said…”
 
“Well-l-l…”
 
 
Lord Sesshomaru was patrolling the Western Lands. Unusual reports had come to him lately of pink and blue flashing lights...and of both animals and youkai suddenly acting as though they had come under the influence of…a fertility god or something.
 
It didn't sound dangerous, but what could it mean?
 
A breeze tickled his nose, then a familiar scent.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru! Lord Sesshomaru!”
 
“I know, Jaken. It's Kagura.”
 
“Oooh, Kagura,” said Rin. “She likes Sesshomaru-sama.”
 
Kagura looked haggard when she alit in front of Sesshomaru. “Yo!”
 
“You will show respect to Lord Sesshomaru! You should remember that he saved your life,” shouted Jaken.
 
“I remember,” Kagura said wearily.
 
Sesshomaru gave the little toad demon a hard look. Sycophants he could deal with, but this was ridiculous. He turned back to Kagura. “What is it that you want of Lord Sesshomaru?” asked the dog demon. “Do you wish to try to use me again?”
 
Kagura considered whether she should go ahead and tell Sesshomaru about InuYasha and Kagome. “Oh, why not? I'm dead anyway,” thought Kagura. “It is your brother.”
 
“Half brother.”
 
Was that a glimmer of emotion she saw? “And his miko.”
 
“You mean Kikyo?”
 
Kagura laughed sourly. “No, the other one.”
 
“Her name is Kagome.”
 
“That's right.”
 
“I have no interest in her. Come Jaken, Rin. We are leaving.”
 
“She's pregnant.”
 
Sesshomaru paused. “InuYasha is the father?”
 
“He is.” Kagura continued, “You know about those pink and blue lights a couple of nights ago?”
 
“I have heard reports.”
 
“Kagome's and InuYasha's auras. And Kagome was glowing purple the next day.”
 
“She's pregnant.”
 
“And right in front of Kikyo she had three massive…”
 
“Enough! This Sesshomaru does not need any more details!” Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed. “So why are you bringing me this information?”
 
“It's Kikyo. She's after me.”
 
“The undead miko who gives everyone a case of the willies wishes to kill you?” asked Sesshomaru. “This Sesshomaru protects no one.”
 
“She does not wish to kill me.”
 
“Then what? This Sesshomaru grows weary of…”
 
“She has abandoned InuYasha and wants me!”
 
Sesshomaru stared at Kagura.
 
“Naraku has promised me to her if she helps him destroy Kagome. And, as you know, when a youkai's mate is killed…”
 
“…the mate dies soon after,” concluded Sesshomaru.
 
“You must help me,” pleaded Kagura.
 
“Help you stop Naraku and Kikyo's plot?”
 
“No! Help me get away from Kikyo. Pretty boys like you must get hit on all the time.”
 
Sesshomaru glared at Kagura.
 
How can I get her to accept that I'm not gay and not interested?”
 
 
 
A/N: Poor Sango. Poor Kagura. Poor Sesshomaru. You're not gonna get me to say “poor Kikyo,” though. Oh, who knows. Maybe she'll get kinder treatment later. (pause) Riiiiiiight.