InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A New Threat ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4 - A Dangerous Duel

"That was Kagome!" Maiyu cried. The pair sped up in the direction of the scream. Soon they made their way to a clearing just in the woods. A thin stream of blood was running down hill.

"Mom! Where are you?" Damon called out.

"Right here boy!" Kagome's body dropped out of noware. Damon caught her in his arms.

"Who the hell did this to her?!" Damon asked angrily. He sniffed the air. Both faces turned up looking into the thick trees.

"Come out!" Maiyu yelled.

"No! Where's the fun in that?" the female voice chanted.

"Fine," Maiyu smirked. She threw her boomerang into the trees. It circled round and went for a second circle when it was blocked. The figure in question fell out but landed on her feet gracefully.

"Hmph! You just ruined the game!" The female wore a red body suit that tied around the neck, black slippers with lace that wound up the leg and to the knee. Her hair was up in a high pony tail. Her eyes were a crimson red colour.

"Who are you?" Maiyu asked.

"The name is Luna if you must know! You're quite skilled with a weapon arn't you? Well, I'll take you down well doggy boy deals with that woman. I should put this away first," she threw the jewel in the air and it landed in her body suit.

"The jewel of four souls!" Maiyu was stunned.

"WHAT?!" Damon looked up. "Mom, are you gonna be ok?" Her body was bruised, her ankle twisted in an odd fashion, her shoulder had a whip mark on it, and her chest had a hole in it. The jewel once was there.

"She's mine, get her to you're father," Maiyu told Damon.

"I'm not leaving you here!"

"NOW!" Maiyu hissed. Damon stood with his mother in his arms and ran toward his fathers scent. Maiyu grabbed her boomerang and armed herself.

"So, the little girl wants to play?"

"One: I'm not little and two: I'm more than you can handle!" Maiyu spat back.

"And you think so why?" Luna smirked. Maiyu wouldn't let her get to her.

"I'll get the jewel back, don't you worry!" Maiyu threw her boomerang. Luna dodged leashing out her whip.

"Watch out, it stings!" Maiyu just dodged the whip and used her sword to cut it. The whip grew back!

'Damn!' Maiyu thought. 'What to do now? What to do now?' Maiyu dodged yet another attempt to hit her. "I know!" Maiyu jumped high in the air, threw her boomerang, jumped on it and managed to slice Luna's shoulder.

"YOU LITTLE WRETCH! Oh well, nothing a little jewel power won't heal!" The jewel glowed as it fell to the ground, "What?! It was only a little cut!"

"Ha!" A blur of black and red came out of the woods. Maiyu forgot about Luna when she saw the blur. Luna rammed her claws into Maiyu's side and her thorn whip twisted around Maiyu's neck. 'Damn! Must paralyze the target!' Maiyu felt the blood flow out of her side, her vision started to blur, 'Forgot about...my...lessons!' She felt the air rush past her face.

"MAIYU! WHO ARE YOU?!" Damon yelled.

"Luna." Damon caught her. Luna felt claws reach into her stomach. "DAMN!" She fell to the ground in a heap. She was still breathing. Her hand grasped the jewel. Her body healed. "Well, I like this jewel even more. No wonder my master wants it!"

"You're...not...getting it!" Maiyu moaned.

"I'm with her!" Inuyasha jumped up and knocked the jewel from her hands.

"NO!" Luna jumped for it. Her hand clasped around it. "Well...I'll leave you to your business."

"LUNA! GET BACK HERE NOW! You've had your fun for today!" A male voice boomed.

"Yes master!" Luna chimmed and vanished.

Sakura: Well. Good? Bad?