InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A nightmare ❯ Girl's best friend ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Hi! This is the first Inuyasha story I’ve ever made so please be nice!
I don’t own Inuyasha or anything to do with Inuyasha. Please read it! It’s a short one chapter about when Rin has a bad nightmare and turns to Sesshomaru for help!



Smoke erupted from a village house and villagers screamed. Bandits ran wild through the defenseless village tearing down houses and stealing the treasure inside. They slew anyone who got in there way. A certain house contained a family of a small girl. Her father and brothers had gone out to fight off the bandits and the girl was left with her mother.
“Come Rin, hurry.” She led the girl away from the screams of the villagers. The young girl closed her eyes as she heard the yells of her father as he was slain. She tried to keep her mind clear of the thoughts of what would become of her brothers. They almost reached forest but suddenly a bandit gripped the woman’s sleeve. She screamed,
“Run Rin, run!” Before the bandit was able to grab the girl she darted of into the forest. She sobbed as the sounds of the bandits slaying the other villagers pierced the air. She ran hard into the depths of the forest but tripped over a root and blacked out. When she made her way back to her village the smell of blood flooded the air. She trembled as she saw the slain villagers, her friends. A bandit peered down at Rin, a sword in his hand.
Suddenly Sesshomaru cut down the bandit and saved Rin.
“Rin are you alright?” He asked. Rin jumped into his arms but he threw her down as an arrow aimed for Rin shot through his chest.
“No! Lord Sesshomaru!” She screamed as blood came from the demon’s chest. A bandit came from behind a stuck a sword through his heart.
“Rin, run Rin. Escape while you c-can...” He fell to the ground and Rin watched in horror as the bandits took off his armor. Tears ran down her cheeks as the demon’s body was beaten by the bandits then they turned to her, gripping Sesshomaru’s sword......

“No!” Rin screamed as she shot up, covered in sweat. ‘J-just a dream.’ She threw her head around, Sesshomaru was sleeping to the side of the hut they had found. Rin crawled over to him, tears streaming down her face. Sesshomaru opened his eyes quickly,
“Rin, what’s wrong?” Rin threw herself into his arm and snuggled into his fluffy.
“They’re were all destroyed. You,” She looked up into his eyes. “you were killed. For me.” Sesshomaru made no effort to stop the little human from hugging into him.
“As if someone could destroy me.” Rin was comforted by the demon’s strong words.
Rin pulled her blanket over herself and got comfortable on Sesshomaru’s lap. He made no attempt to get the terrified little child off his lap but stroked her hair in a comforting way. A way Rin had never seen Sesshomaru act before.
“Rest assured Rin, it was only a dream.” His soft words were like a lullaby to the young girl who quickly fell asleep. The evil dreams chased away by the most powerful demon in her heart.
Sesshomaru sighed as he too fell asleep, Rin holding his arm as though she wanted to be attached to it. For some reason he didn’t mind. As his mind filled with dreams the thought arose in him,
‘I will always protect you Rin. Always.’

____________________________________________________

Yeah, that was really sapping. But the idea is kind of cute isn’t it? Even though Sesshomaru would probably never act like that. Please review, make Rin’s nightmares go away! ^__^Converting /tmp/phpoztDQm to /dev/stdout