InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Second Chance ❯ Affected Decision ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Decision Affected
 
 
Avery special thanks to Reading Girl, who edited this chapter. Without her, this chapter would have many more mistakes.
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha&Co. or Yu Yu Hakusho& Co. Inuyasha&Co. is owned by Rumiko Takahashi. Yu Yu Hakusho&Co. is owned by Yoshihiro Togashi. There is no copyright infringement intended.
 
 
I'm really sorry for the long wait. Like I promised, this chapter is much longer than the other four. By the way, Sesshoumaru final decision (yes, it's here at long last) is in this chapter. You'll have to read to find out what is though.
 
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
 
 
Kagome and Rin
 
 
It was the night of the new moon; clouds filled the black sky, and an ominous fog hung thick in the air, blocking out all sources of light. Beneath the clouds and fog, a clear voice could be heard throughout the forest, though the mist deadened the noise.
 
 
“Rin…where are you?! Rin! This is no time for fun and games! Please…come out wherever you are…” half-screamed Kagome frantically, pleading with herself. No matter how she looked, where she searched, Rin could not be found. To make matters even worse, the fog was so dense that her flashlight couldn't shine through it. Always, in the back of her mind, was the horrible thought that Rin might be dead.
 
 
It had been nearly five hours since Kagome had last seen Rin, when she had asked to go back a little ways on the trail in order to pick a few newly blossomed sakura blossoms. At that time, Kagome had thought that it would be harmless to let Rin go. “A little freedom never hurt anyone”, as her mother used to say. Now Kagome doubted the wisdom of the saying. She knew that Rin hadn't just gone to hide; she was a very obedient girl and would never try to worry her at all.
 
 
“Rin! Rin! Where are you!? If you can hear me, scream, or do something! Please! Where are you!?” Kagome ran as fast as her legs would carry her through the trees and shrubbery, occasionally stumbling into tree trunks. She didn't care whether or not she tripped and fell anymore; finding Rin was much more urgent.
 
 
“Owww!” yelled Kagome as her foot hit a tree root, sending her sprawling into a clearing. Crimson lines of blood streaked down her face and wet her hair as jagged points cut into her limbs. Immediately, Kagome knew that it hadn't been an accident. Someone had laid a trap out for her.
 
 
Though every movement caused her body to cry out in pain and protest, Kagome forced herself up off the ground. But before she could take a step, clawed hands clenched around her wrists and waist as vines wrapped themselves tightly on both of Kagome's ankles.
 
 
“So…priestess, you have decided to join us. We have been waiting for you…” eerily whispered an icy voice from behind. In Kagome's mind, she pondered what the demon meant by “we”, until hundreds of uninvited eyes appeared, revealing the tight ring her assailants had formed around Kagome, caught in the middle with her captor.
 
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
 
Koemna's Palace
 
 
 
"When will he awake? Do you know, Koemna?" questioned Kurama worriedly. His green eyes looked solemnly at the body of the lord in front of him. He was one of the few who still remembered the times when demons wore that type of armor, yet the sight seemed so strange and foreign to him after so many years without seeing it.
 
 
"I don't know, Kurama. Sooner or later, but I would prefer it happen sooner. The guy doesn't have much longer to live," Koemna replied. It was a dramatic situation, but he still yawned loudly out of need. Of all the days he could've died on, Sesshoumaru had to choose a night.
 
 
“Even though Yukina has greatly increased in her healing powers, she was only able to allow him 30 more minutes of life. He's slept through almost half of that time already,” added Koemna.
 
 
Beside Koemna stood Hiei, who was currently examining the hilts of the two swords Sesshoumaru had carried with him. Examining swords was an unusual hobby, but Koemna had to admit, they were very different than the swords of the modern day.
 
 
"This blade…it becomes wider and heavier as you draw it out," began Hiei. He paused to inspect the edge, and then resumed his report on the condition of the sword. "Its point is sharp enough to slice through marble.” With care he cautiously cut his finger on the blade. Hiei was stunned when he discovered that no wound was created. After experimenting a bit more, once on his arm and then on his leg, he began to speak again.
 
 
“Yet when you cut through living flesh, it does not bleed. Very, very, interesting. The other sword this demon carries emits a dark, evil feeling. It longs to kill and cause harm to others." Here Hiei stopped again, and reached for the worn handle. Then, he slowly pulled it from its sheath, being wary not to touch anything with it.
 
 
"It is powerful on its own. I can feel the strength within it pulsing, trying to overpower me. Where did this Lord Sesshoumaru obtain such a sword?" asked Hiei while hastily sliding it back into the sheath and setting it down on the floor.
 
 
“That question would best be answered by Lord Sesshoumaru himself. Both swords were especially made for him,” said Kurama, his gaze never leaving the face of Sesshoumaru. The room fell into awkward silence, each with their own qualms and worries weighing down on their minds. As the seconds painfully ticked by on his watch, Koemna fidgeted nervously. The guy could die any second if he didn't wake soon.
 
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
 
Yasashi (Dark Miko)
 
 
When someone is very pleased, they tend to smile and laugh. When someone is very conceited, they tend to become arrogant and ostentatious. When someone is both pleased and conceited at the same time, the results are not very pretty. One prime example of someone like that would be Yasashi, as she stood in her bedroom, gazing at her reflection in the mirror.
 
 
To describe Yasashi as “pleased”, however, would not do her justice. Ecstatic would be a more fitting word. If she were like a normal person, and not completely passive, Yasashi would've been leaping through the air with glee and laughter would be ringing throughout her silent bedroom.
 
 
`Everything is going according to plan! Sesshoumaru is dead, Lord Sargotu is the Western, Eastern, and Southern Land ruler, and my cousin has done nothing as of yet. If he tried, it would be too late at any rate. What a beautiful day this is! Finally, at long last, I may depart from the company of these nasty beings and retain my true form once again,' thought the Dark Miko while she brushed her golden locks to perfection with a creamy ivory comb. The unexpected encounter with Hadeaki the other day had surprised her, but with all the joy of having everything go as planned, it was difficult to believe that anything bad could happen.
 
 
`It's at times like these that I love life most…but then sometimes, it feels so…'
 
 
An ear-piercing scratching noise at her door caused her to bolt up on the bench, immediately alert.
 
 
`It sounded like…no…it couldn't be. It simply couldn't. I need to calm down. Anyone can scratch signs into doors and walls, but to do a marking is an art that only the top gods obtain, and it takes thousands of years! Marking reworks the future, even for gods, and I can't rework reworked future! No…it's not possible…not possible. It was just my imagination…the stress is really affecting my mental sanity. The faster I get off Earth, the better for me,' Yasashi told herself in an attempt to calm herself.
 
 
But it didn't help, at all. In fact, it only made her recall a dreadful incident that had occurred in another room just a day ago, when she had been quarrelling with Lord Sargotu. Then, she thought she had mistaken a squeaky floorboard for a marking, since all evidence pointed that way. No immortal would come down to Earth, except those who had been punished, like Hadeaki. But, even if one did, they would need to be thousands of years old in order to obtain such a skill. This was the second time Yasashi had heard the distinct noise, though, and in the dead silence of her bedroom she could clearly tell that it was a marking. To convince herself again that it was only a figment of her imagination would be impossible. And it was clear in her mind, that there was no way to reverse a marking, even with the power she held. She, Queen Yasashi, had been marked.
 
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
 
Sesshoumaru's eyes slowly fluttered open. He found himself being stared at intensely by one black-haired demon, a green-eyed human, and someone with a blue thing in his mouth that Sesshoumaru couldn't immediately identify as human or demon. Sesshoumaru, assigning roles to the people watching him, guessed that the demon was the lord, the human his servant and the unidentified person as a mythical creature that the demon had captured. Since the demon was the lord of the manor, it would be best to address him first, and establish the fact that he was very powerful and not to be mistreated.
 
 
“This Sesshoumaru demands to know his location…or else,” he threatened menacingly. In truth, he was not half as confident as he sounded. The last thing he remembered was a rush of wind and clouds as he headed towards his destination point with the help of gravity. That did not, in any way, explain why he was now on the marble floor of a mysterious palace in top-notch condition. From the altitude he had been dropped, there was not even the slightest chance he could have survived, let alone still be in perfect health.
 
 
“You are in no position to be giving me orders,” hissed Hiei, a dangerous glint in his blood-red eyes. His hand fingered the Shadow Sword, ready to use it in an instant.
 
 
“Hiei…please, calm down. Let us get this sorted out first.” Kurama's green eyes turned quickly to Hiei, then back to Sesshoumaru. Responding to the advice from his friend Hiei cooled down considerably and crossed his arms against his chest.
 
 
“Who are you, human, to even dare to speak so audaciously to your demon lord? And, what type of weakling demon are you, to follow what is told to you by a human servant?” asked Sesshoumaru distastefully. Kurama frowned slightly at his reaction, but the expression faded away before it could be spotted by anyone.
 
 
“Do you not remember, Sesshoumaru, who I am? Surely a few centuries could not do this to such sharp mind?” said Kurama, staring intently at Sesshoumaru, much more serious than before. Sesshoumaru looked indifferently back at Kurama while searching for an answer to the question. If it had been any other person he would have ignored them but this human seemed like he was more than Sesshoumaru had originally thought.
 
 
`Where have I seen that expression before? Where have I seen that look? I'm convinced that it was centuries ago, but a human could not have possibly lived centuries…so where have I seen that look? Could this human be a demon in disguise? No human I've ever seen had green eyes or red hair, yet this person's spirit energy seems different from that of a demon…' thought Sesshoumaru, thoroughly perplexed for the first time in life. At long last, he came to a conclusion.
 
 
“No, I do not remember, stranger. However, I know that I have been in a similar situation before with one that looked at me in the same manner as you are doing so right now centuries before. Thus, it stands to reason that you have changed your appearance, and are hiding your true demon form. I am correct?” The last sentence was meant to be a question, but to the ears of the listener, it sounded a bit more like a declarative sentence. Koemna gawked at the results of Kurama's question; even Hiei was visibly taken aback. Kurama was the only person not startled; instead, he looked slightly pleased.
 
 
“Affirmative, Sesshoumaru. I am Kurama …Youko Kurama.”
 
 
For the first time in a long while, Sesshoumaru was utterly astonished, yet he still managed to mask his surprise. Now that he had been reminded, the red-haired human's behavior did resemble his early friend, Youko Kurama. But it couldn't be possible. Youko Kurama had silver hair, gold eyes, was a kitsune, and had had extraordinary powers when it came to plants. He had been killed by a bounty hunter a few centuries ago, or so Sesshoumaru had heard. If this person truly was Kurama, Sesshoumaru would need him to provide evidence.
 
 
“I know that you are hiding how startled you are. Why do you even bother, when you know that I can see through your act?” asked Kurama. That was all Sesshoumaru needed for proof. Of all his former acquaintances, only Youko Kurama had ever known what went on behind his apathetic expressions. He wasn't the type to embrace people at reunions—all Sesshoumaru did to show that he acknowledged his friend's identity was glance at him for a few moments then quickly nod.
 
 
“Now that the happy get-together is over, do any of you mind getting on with business? We've wasted nearly 3 minutes of the precious 10 minutes that were remaining,” remarked Hiei, nearly glaring. Koemna, who had been waiting patiently, cleared his throat as though he were about to speak. Before he could say anything though, Sesshoumaru interrupted.
 
 
“Kurama…can you tell me where I am?”
 
 
“You, Lord Sesshoumaru, are in my palace, in the Underworld. I am the ruler of the Underworld, Koemna,” Koemna cut in.
 
 
Suddenly, Sesshoumaru fit the pieces of the puzzle together. His body was in perfect condition after a deadly fall…he was seeing his deceased friend, Youko Kurama…and he was in the Underworld. That could only mean one thing: he was dead. The great Lord Sesshoumaru and taiyoukai of the magnificent Western Lands was dead. Sesshoumaru froze completely, eyes staring uneasily into space for the first time ever. He blinked twice, before realizing that there had to be a motive behind Koemna's actions. After all, why would the Ruler of the Underworld randomly pick someone to speak with? As soon as the thought entered his mind, Sesshoumaru changed swiftly back to his regular composed complexion.
 
 
“What do you want with this Sesshoumaru, Koemna? What service, or object, can a dead demon offer the ruler of the Underworld that you could not take yourself?”
 
 
“Sesshoumaru, you are taking this the wrong way. Although you were almost dead, you are not dead yet,” Koemna paused, seeing the look of disbelief and suspicion on Sesshoumaru's face. “Sesshoumaru, time is of the essence, so I can not go into the details of how you are still alive. However, if it helps, the Underworld is not only for those who are dead. If you need proof, ask Kurama and Hiei. Neither of them is dead, as I hope you have discovered by now,” said Koemna. Sesshoumaru nearly gasped at what Koemna had said, but settled for blinking rapidly for a few seconds. If he ever got back to the Western Lands, he would kill Jaken. That's what anyone got for lying to him, especially about the death of one of his few close friends.
 
 
“You have not answered my query yet. What do you want from me?” asked Sesshoumaru again.
 
 
“Lord Sesshoumaru, it is not a matter of what I want with you. The true question here is whether or not you will accept what I have to give to you--a second chance."
 
 
“Why will you provide this Sesshoumaru with another life, if you did not give one to my father or mother? What is different about my death, or life?” questioned Sesshoumaru suspiciously.
 
 
“I am being very generous with my offer, Sesshoumaru. If you must know, this second chance is due to the manner of your death. I cannot explain right now. But, before you give me an answer, know that only one chance in every millennium is ever given. I must have an answer within the next 8 minutes, or else you shall die, and then I can't do anything for you. Do you understand how urgent this is?” As though considering Koemna's offer, Sesshoumaru waited a few moments, before speaking.
 
 
“Koemna, will there be any “side effects” if I do choose to do so? Will I have the body of a human after I am revived?”
 
 
Koemna gulped at the question. He knew it had been coming, and he had a funny feeling that his answer would affect Sesshoumaru's.
 
 
“No, your body will still be the one you have right now. You will not lose any blood, and your power level will not be reduced either. However. There is one glitch. If you are to continue life, your reincarnation will never be. All things caused by your reincarnation will never occur,” stated Koemna. He watched as Sesshoumaru frowned.
 
 
“As my last request, would it be in your power to…show me my reincarnation?”
Koemna hesitated, unsure of how to tell Sesshoumaru.
 
 
“Yes…I'm afraid so. Perhaps you would like to just make your decision?” asked Koemna, almost pleading, with little hope in his voice.
 
 
“It is possible; I will see my reincarnate,” stated Sesshoumaru imperatively.
 
 
“Are you certain?
 
 
“Yes,” said Sesshoumaru tersely. He had been counting the seconds, and there were only 7 minutes left. If only Koemna would just quit dwelling on his answer.
 
 
“You might not enjoy this,” said Koemna, before raising his hand in a slow, limp motion; cerulean sparks flew from his index finger and fell to the floor in silvery-blue lines that formed a ring around just the two of them.
 
 
A golden mist quickly dissolved into the air, enveloping Sesshoumaru and Koemna; the room they had been in, as well as Hiei and Kurama, vanished from view as the fog thickened. The air surrounding Sesshoumaru became heavier and heavier, until even Sesshoumaru felt that he was being crushed. Winds from all directions rushed by and blew through Sesshoumaru's silver hair, before abruptly changing to gentle breezes. His feet seemed to stand on an ever-changing platform; one moment it would be solid, but the next second he would sink thousands of meters. Then, it would feel like he was standing on clouds, before he was pulled up into a giant black hole.
 
 
Suddenly, there was a flash of “black light”, or so it looked. The fog changed into black, disappearing from sight. As the darkness lifted, Sesshoumaru found himself standing upon a cloud with Koemna beside him, still with that unusual blue thing in his mouth. Sesshoumaru decided that the blue object was probably part of Koemna.
 
 
Before Sesshoumaru had a chance to question where they were though, his eyes were drawn to the beautiful castle that they were descending upon. All around the magnificent citadel, yellow roses of all types were blossoming, some climbing on gates, others sprawled across the green grass. Occasionally, there would be a cluster of blue flowers amid the yellow.
 
 
The castle itself was a very interesting building that had probably required centuries to build, unless magic had been involved. It looked as if it had been made completely of creamy marble. There were five main buildings to it. One was a giant round dome, its tip protruding through the clouds like a mountain. There were three turrets around it, one in the back, and two in the front. Surrounding the dome were four structures in the shape of four-pointed stars. The castle seemed rather strange to Sesshoumaru. He had never seen anything like it in all his days.
 
 
“Where and when are we, Koemna?” asked Sesshoumaru. Such beauty could only be achieved by wondrous skill and experience that most could not obtain.
 
 
“I do not know. Time travel is an unusual thing. Its power will bring you wherever and whenever it desires, though it shall always be according to the person's needs. I can only assume that the Ring, which makes this time travel capable, understood what I needed, and that the ring's cloud will bring us to your reincarnation,” replied Koemna. Sesshoumaru was slightly disappointed, but understood that some things were unexplainable, like his mother's death.
 
 
Gradually, the two were dropped off on a spacious balcony. The cloud disappeared into wisps of smoke and mist, until there was no evidence at all that they had ever been there.
 
 
“What is my reincarnation's position in this manor?” questioned Sesshoumaru in a tone as unconcerned as he could make it. The situation really did arouse his curiosity, though he was hiding it, for there was quite a difference between the lord of the manor, and the servant or captive of the lord. What would his reincarnation's position be?
 
 
“I am uncertain; we shall have to see.” Koemna's voice was solemn, barely perceptible over the chattering of the swallows overhead.
 
 
“I suspect that my reincarnate occupies the room which can be seen through this window.” Stated Sesshoumaru; without waiting for Koemna's opinion, he walked confidently over to the window, footsteps ringing against the marble though he kept to the shadows; there was no telling whether his reincarnate would welcome being observed by a demon.
 
 
In a few milliseconds, Sesshoumaru stood beside the window, back leaning on the wall. He pressed his ear against the yellow stone.
 
“What are you doing?” asked Koemna.
 
“I'm listening for any unusual air patterns; be quiet. Air travels even in enclosed spaces, but it parts where there are people. If I listen closely, I can hear where they part, thus determining if anyone is currently looking out the window,” whispered Sesshoumaru in a hiss.
 
“We don't have time for that. There are only 6 minutes remaining in your lifetime. You have to make your decision soon.” Sesshoumaru still stood poised against the wall, a living statue; he had heard Koemna's words, but pretended to be oblivious to them. Attempting to move Sesshoumaru by force, Koemna tugged with all his strength at Sesshoumaru's arm, but it produced no effects. Sesshoumaru did not seem to have even noticed it.
 
 
“End that ridiculous pulling. You are distracting me.” Sesshoumaru glared at Koemna, eyes flickering with irritation. After a few seconds more, Sesshoumaru easily removed Koemna's hand from his arm, before stepping lightly in front of the glass window.
 
 
Fortunately, the yellow silk curtains were drawn back, allowing a golden beam of sunlight to pass into the unlit room. Sesshoumaru made sure to avoid the light, should his shadow draw attention to his reincarnation. Koemna crouched on the other side of the window, eyes barely peeking into the room.
 
 
Sesshoumaru scanned the room quickly, but suddenly stopped short. In the middle of the room, illuminated by the single shaft of light, was an elaborately made satin crib. It was so golden, that the color glowed under the sunlight. It wasn't the crib itself that had drawn his attention, though; it was the parents of the one inside the crib.
 
 
The father was demon, as Sesshoumaru had suspected. His markings were very strange: a single four-pointed star on his left cheek and a golden ring on his forehead. The father's hair was undeniably black, like human hair. If it had not been for the markings and demon blood in his veins, Sesshoumaru would have mistaken him for a human. Sesshoumaru frowned imperceptibly, eyebrows drawing together; he had never encountered his type of blood. It seemed to be a mix of all demons, but that was unfeasible. There were tens of thousands of demon types; for one to have the blood of all would take thousands upon thousands of years. The father's blood was not so much a mystery when compared to the mother herself.
 
 
The mother, gazing lovingly at her newborn daughter, was pure beauty herself. Her golden locks framed her face perfectly, draping themselves over her shoulders gracefully. Under her thin arched eyebrows were eyes that were as striking as the most precious of emeralds. Her ruby-red lips curled into a smile, her face softening with a mothers love as she watched her daughter giggle contently. Surprisingly, she was not a demon, but not human either.
 
 
“Who is that lady?” whispered Sesshoumaru to an incredulous Koemna.
 
 
“She…she is…the Goddess of Music and Beauty…my…cousin,” stammered Koemna. Sesshoumaru nodded mentally. A goddess…that would explain her beauty.
 
 
`This daughter will have the blood of all demons and be an immortal…” Sesshoumaru paused in his thoughts. His eyes widened as he thoroughly thought through the information “…blood of all demons…and the blood of an immortal…she—the daughter— is the Soul of Light!'
 
 
“Do you know?” asked Koemna. “About the prophesy?”
 
 
“I…yes, I know it…” he began to recite:
 
 
“Amid the blooms
In the Summer of the Moons
Awakens the Light
The Soul of Light
 
 
They who will hold
And learn to wield
Power over all
 
 
And then will the Battle
Of Moon, Earth, and Sun begin
Over the Light…” Sesshoumaru chanted in whispers that lingered in the air. He closed his eyes in the silence that followed.
 
 
“When did you learn that?” questioned Koemna softly.
 
 
“I was in the Western Land Gardens, by a lake, when I heard it upon the wind. It was unusual, for I knew it was a prophesy, yet the wind does not normally foresee the future.”
 
 
“That is true. But for those that are special, prophesies never spoken are heard.”
 
 
“Never spoken? The wind whispered it, does that not count?” asked Sesshoumaru.
 
 
“What you heard, Sesshoumaru was not the wind speaking. It was the prophesy itself going into your mind. The prophesy was one that had a mind of its own. I believe that it came from the future, and permitted only those that it saw fit to know of it.”
 
 
“I understand. So I was chosen,” said Sesshoumaru.
 
 
`The Ring has a free will; it brought me here. But why would it have brought me here? Is there anything here that concerns me? I doubt that the Soul of Light will have much effect on my life…” thought Sesshoumaru. He blinked once as he realized the truth that the Ring had shown him.
 
 
“Koemna…my reincarnate…is the Soul of Light.” His voice rang on the marble of the balcony; it echoed below, into the ears of the hills beneath them. No living being heard though, other than Koemna.
 
 
“No. You do not know the entire prophesy, and I cannot tell you if you were not chosen to hear it all. However, I can tell you that it is impossible for the Soul of Light to have an old soul. Her soul is to be new. Your reincarnate could not be my cousin either, for she was born before you were. The demon, Ken'ichi, is your reincarnate,” said Koemna. His brows drew together in an expression of concentration. Sesshoumaru's very decision would be affected by the Soul of Light. Perhaps that was why he had known the prophesy.
 
 
Sesshoumaru watched as the goddess cooed to her baby daughter, and the demon standing beside her in a protective stance, shielding his family. He wondered if the parents knew that their daughter was the Soul of Light. If they knew he was watching them. If they knew how they were affecting him…if they knew his final decision.
 
 
“If I choose to live, what will happen to them?”
 
 
Koemna hesitated. This was what he had been trying to put off. “…They…if you choose to live, your reincarnate will never be. Thus, the birth of the Soul of Light would never be either…and the Goddess of Beauty and Music would never love.”
 
 
Sesshoumaru's heart felt as though a lead weight had been attached to it, but he knew that there was no other way out of it. The situation was a web that could not be broken unless he was to sacrifice his own life.
 
`So, this is how all those that I killed felt right before the blade went down. Yet I have a choice, and they did not. This is how the gods have chosen it to be.'
 
 
“Koemna…this Sesshoumaru…believes that it is his rightly time to die.” Sesshoumaru's voice was strong and confident. It was his final decision, but the other choice had never really been an option.
 
 
`So be it…' said the rustling of the leaves. Dark clouds covered the sky, taking away the beam of light that had once shone; the god and demon lord faded into the scenery, watched and not unseen.
 
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
 
The Assembly of the Gods and Goddesses
 
 
“That is his choice…should we do anything, it will be considered manipulating a mortal's life,” said the voice of a goddess. All 34 seats at the long rectangular table were taken, other than the two at either end. The goddess that had just spoken sat beside one of the empty seats on the right side of the table.
 
 
“But the decision was altered. We need not accept it,” said a god facing her.
 
 
“Let us allow the Queen to decide; her wisdom is boundless,” argued the Goddess of Life.
 
 
`And so is her pride,' thought the God of Love. He alone was aware of all that had been happening on Earth; he would not speak of it yet, though. Perhaps, this once, mortals and demons would be able to overpower the will of the gods. After all, the Soul of Light was with them…but not for long. Not if the gods could help it…
 
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
Please review! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! As promised, it was much longer than the previous four. These are the answers to the reviews:
 
 
Fanfiction.net
 
 
Me: Thanks so much for reviewing! I always like reading your reviews; they're really funny! ^_^
 
 
lil mutt face grl: Thanks for reviewing! I make up words sometimes too. What does “chirenxtenzerts” mean?
 
 
LunaML: I'm sorry about the summary. I couldn't quite remember my old one though, so I asked juupren to write another one. Do you like the new one?
 
 
Reading Girl: Thanks so much for beta-ing (I don't know how to write it) for me! I'm sorry about the emphasis stuff; I'm a little caught up in it all, and it's gotten on a lot of other peoples' nerves too. Yes, this is a Kagome X Sesshoumaru fan fiction. I'm a pretty die-hard fan of KagSess too.
 
 
Inuyasha's Only Kagome-kun: Have you found the Girl Scout Cookies yet? ^_^ Thanks for reviewing so many times! I'm happy that you enjoyed reading. By the way, every time I think about your fic, I still end up laughing my head off for the next few minutes. Naraku vs.…an alarm clock! Who would've guessed?!
 
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
 
Mediaminer.org
 
 
Crimson Suns (not signed in): Thanks! I'm happy you liked it!
 
 
Grace9: Thanks!
 
 
WingedYoukai: Well, I didn't quite go through the dropping Sesshoumaru part because Sesshoumaru is my favorite character, and I definitely don't fancy him being dropped from several hundred feet. Thanks for reviewing!
 
 
Tomoe34: Thanks!
 
 
Sesshoumaru_rocks: Yeah, it was kind of short. Thanks for reviewing!
 
 
Don't_Like_to_Review: Thank you! ^_^
 
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
 
Animespiral.com
 
 
Thanks for reading you guys! The answers to your reviews are already on the website, so I won't post them here. Please review and comment on my writing, plot, description, and so on. I really appreciate it! ^_^
 
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX