InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Shard in Kyoto ❯ the conversation.... ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Shard in Kyoto chapter 12: the conversation . . .

I recently did a story called: "When friends find out Spring Fertility festival" . . . in it, Kagome and her 3 modern friends talk about sex . . . so, if you are confused about some of the things Kagome says in this chapter, please read that story, because in it, I try to explain what has been happening to her sexual mores over the last few months . . .

___________________________________

The group, the members of which are being unusually quite, stalks away from Kyoto's pleasure quarters. Normally there is some banter between the party members while they are walking as a group, but, not tonight . . .

Inu-yasha, dressed as an old man, carrying his sword is leading the group through the night of Kyoto. Behind him is Kagome, who is dressed as man, with a bow and sword. Miroku, dressed in his traditional clothes, but with his hand still bandaged, follows her.

And while Miroku's eyes follow Kagome's rear as she walks in front of him, he does make sure that there is plenty of space between them. `Tonight, especially, after the last few hours, if I try anything with Kagome . . . Inu-yasha is just barely hanging onto his temper . . . ' Miroku thinks as walks

Bringing up the rear, is Sango, also dressed as a man, her eyes scan around making sure that the thieves and muggers of Kyoto don't sneak up on them, and making sure that Miroku keeps his distance from Kagome. `I don't like what he did tonight, but . . . Inu-yasha's temper being what it is. I would rather have a live Miroku than a dead one.' She thinks.

After about fifteen minutes of apparently random wandering, a group of about a dozen men steps out of the shadows. All of them are armed with swords and/or clubs.

One of them hisses at Inu-yasha, "Hand over your valuables and we'll let you live."

Inu-yasha looks at the man. A beat up, scruffy man, his eyes flick across him and then across the other muggers. In a voice full of the promise of death, he smiles, and states, "Thank you. Just what I was looking for . . . a bunch of dead idiots."

He moves, attacking them with his claws . . .

They die . . . screaming . . .

Kagome grimaces, `I don't like this . . . but. The only way to stop him would be to sit him. And they would kill him before we could stop them. So . . . '

Nobody in any of the nearby houses stirs . . .

A minute later, a blood covered, limping, but smiling Inu-yasha walks up to Kagome.

"Now that you've worked off the edge of your anger, could you, please, find us somewhere, so we can talk?" Kagome asks, as she looks at him.

"Whore." Inu-yasha grumbles as he stares at Kagome.

"DO you want it to start now?" Kagome's voice is ice cold.

Inu-yasha takes a deep breath, glances at Miroku and Sango, he snarls. "That." He points to a nearby dark house. "Is where they lived. It's empty now. We'll use it."

Kagome nods, "thank you, Inu-yasha." She walks past him, ignoring him.

They walk into the house. Sango locates a lamp and lights it. She lights a couple of other nearby lamps. The room, and house for that matter, is cluttered with junk and trash. There are some women's clothes in the mess, apparently there were women in the house when the fight with Inu-yasha started, but they all ran during the fight . . .

Miroku and Kagome, somewhat violently, throw the trash out and clean up an area in the middle of the largest room.

All four members of the group stand in the middle of the room, and they look at each other.

A pause . . .

"You fucking whore . . . " Inu-yasha begins, growling at Kagome, "How many times have you and the damn pervert fucked each other."

Kagome takes a deep breath and in chilling voice that Naraku would be proud of, she states, "You, Inu-yasha, are an even worse idiot than I ever thought you were."

Inu-yasha moves to stand nose to nose with Kagome, staring her in the eyes.

She stares back into his reddening eyes, unflinching.

"You two . . . tonight." Inu-yasha growls, "That conversation you had while you were . . . you two had to have fucked each other before tonight."

Kagome moves her hand under her kimono and shoves her slimy fingers under Inu-yasha's nose. Inu-yasha twitches, pulling away from her hand. "Stupid! There is no way I could hide this from that nose." She states in an angry voice.

"If I had slept with anyone . . . during the entire time, you've known me . . . If I had . . . you'd have smelled this. Have you smelled this on me, before?" She hisses that angry question at Inu-yasha.

Inu-yasha snarls, "Yeah, I have whore."

Kagome goes white, with anger, "Tell me when, Inu-yasha. I'd really like to know . . . " She screams, "Because, before tonight, I haven't fucked anyone but you!"

Miroku coughs.

Everyone looks at him.

"I must apologize, Lady Kagome."

"Huh?" total and absolute surprise is in Kagome's voice . . .

"Once." Miroku looks at Inu-yasha. "And only once, I made a mistake and I allowed my lust for you to overwhelm my good sense."

"Explain." Kagome's voice is freezing the room.

Miroku sighs, "I did, only on one occasion, use one of your panties."

Kagome interrupts. "You jacked off into my panties!" She screams, pushing Inu-yasha aside to stand in front of Miroku.

Miroku nods, his head bowed. "It was before Lady Sango joined our group. I have no excuse other than . . . your beauty overwhelmed my good sense."

Kagome slaps him, hard, across the face.

"If you wish to punish me harder, you may do so." Miroku is looking at the ground as he says this. "I will accept it as my penance for my mistake."

"Later." Kagome growls at Miroku, and spins to Inu-yasha.

"Was he telling the truth?" She asks.

Inu-yasha's eyes flick between Miroku and Kagome. "Yeah, I've smelled his musk before, not often, the occasional wet dream."

Miroku nods, accepting that as a fact.

"But only once on our clothes." He pauses. "At the time . . . I couldn't figure out how you two did it. I had been watching you the whole time . . . then you come back from changing in the woods, and I was watching the pervert all during that time, and your panties smelled like him."

"So . . . is he telling the truth?" Kagome asks in a tight voice.

A pause.

"Inu-yasha." Kagome begins to speak in a low, heart felt voice. "I'll tell you right now, if I have to use your necklace tonight . . . I will not be held responsible for my actions."

Kagome and Inu-yasha stare into each other's eyes.

Inu-yasha, looks away, "That was the only other time, I've smelled him on you."

Kagome, Sango and Miroku sigh in relief . . .

Inu-yasha, snaps his attention back to Kagome, and spits out, "I've also smelled Kouga on you."

"What?!" Kagome screams!

"Inu-yasha." Sango interrupts in a tight voice. "Don't go there."

Inu-yasha turns to Sango and growls at her.

"You know, as well as I do, what Kouga is doing." Sango states, her voice full of confidence. "He is jacking off and then grabbing Kagome spreading his scent onto her."

"That's why, sometimes, his hands are sweaty?" Kagome asks.

Sango nods. "I didn't want to mention it, Kagome. It's embarrassing, and he's just doing it to try to place his scent on you to goad Inu-yasha."

"And to claim her as his on." Inu-yasha growls.

"Nobody is claiming me, like some prize." Kagome growls in angry, then she continues, "Well. We'll see about that." Kagome growls. "Next time I see Kouga . . . he's going to answer some very pointed questions."

"Every time you've smelled him on her, Inu-yasha, it's always been on her outer clothes, never her panties, right?" Sango says in a sure tone of voice.

A pause . . .

"Well. There was one time . . . " Inu-yasha begins.

"That time I slapped him and asked him if he was taking lessons from Miroku, right?" Kagome interrupts.

Inu-yasha nods.

Kagome frowns, "But. You saw him put his hands on my legs and rub my thighs . . . so that's why you went ballistic then . . . "

Inu-yasha growls. "Yeah, that's the time."

"Inu-yasha." Kagome begins, in a totally different tone of voice, a sickly sweet tone. "The next time Kouga and you get into a fight . . . " her eyes narrow. "Let me kiss you, for luck, in front of him, please? Just a peck on the check, that's all I'm asking . . . "

Inu-yasha smiles, "Yeah, I'll remember."

They share a small smile. "And when he's on the ground, beaten, I would like a few minutes alone with him." Kagome requests.

Inu-yasha nods.

A pause . . .

"So. Inu-yasha," Kagome asks, again in that freezing voice, "What exactly caused you to believe that before tonight I had slept with any man?"

Inu-yasha's eyes flick to each side. "Now, Inu-yasha." Kagome growls.

"Remember that fight with the demon bear and the demonic honeybees that had the shard we took from them?" Inu-yasha asks.

"Yes. I remember." Kagome replies, rubbing her left arm. It still remembers that bee sting. Her arm was in bad shape until they could get to Keade to heal it. "I went home as soon as my arm was healed." She frowns, "If you thought that when that bear had me trapped . . . I mean, yes, he was licking me, but I was covered in honey . . . "

Inu-yasha growls, "Not that shit. I ripped his heart out for that. No. When you came back . . . I could smell two men on you."

Everyone looks at Kagome. Kagome blinks, obviously confused and trying to think . . .

She frowns, but brightens when she remembers that week, "I thought . . . I had thought that I told mom to destroy those panties. I didn't want you to think I'd been with any boys."

"Hah! You admit it!" Inu-yasha yells in triumph.

"Inu-yasha . . . " Kagome growls. "You are jumping to the wrong conclusion!"

"Then, whore, tell me the truth!" Inu-yasha yells in her face.

Kagome grabs his hair and pulls him down to her level. "The truth . . . Fine, your not going to believe it. You've obviously decided that I'm a whore and that I'm lying to you. But. I'll tell you the truth, Inu-yasha." She says in a quiet deadly voice. "Then. Inu-yasha. You'll have to make a choice."

A pause . . .

Kagome remembers as she speaks, "That week, during archery practice, a couple of boys broke into the girl's locker room. IT was some sort of dare, I think, I never really cared enough to find out for sure. Anyway, they gathered up all the panties that they could find, piled them up and jacked off onto them. One of the girls sprung her wrist and interrupted them before they could get dressed."

Kagome's mouth twitches. "If the coach hadn't been there . . . "

Her mouth straightens, "I knew that you'd smell them on those panties and I told, or rather I thought I told mom to destroy them." Her mouth twitches again, "I probably forgot to tell her, since it was close to midterms and I was having test after test, trying to catch up."

A pause. "That, Inu-yasha, is the truth." Her voice is ice cold.

`Hmmm . . . now that I think about it . . . both those boys, after I visited Inu-yasha, had accidents, bad accidents. Broken legs and arms, I forget exactly which.' Kagome thinks as she glares at Inu-yasha. `I had thought that Akemi's, who also got her panties abused by them, older brother, who is supposed to have Yakuza connections, did that, but now . . . '

`That's, basically, what those assholes told me as I was breaking them.' Inu-yasha thinks.

A pause . . .

"Now Inu-yasha. You have a choice. Either, I'm a whore, in which case, why in the hell are you upset that I'm sleeping with anyone? Or I am not a whore, in which case, Inu-yasha, you will apologize to me, now." Kagome's voice is raw with emotion.

A pause. Inu-yasha eyes flick to Miroku. "NO! Look at me!" Kagome grabs his hair and smashes their noses together. "Answer me!" She screams!

Inu-yasha licks his lips, "Ah. Feh. You're not a whore, ok?" he whispers.

"That, Inu-yasha, is not an apology." Kagome states in a no-nonsense voice. She releases his hair and steps back, watching him.

Inu-yasha swallows. "Ah. You know I'm not good."

"No excuses." She interrupts in an abrupt tone.

Inu-yasha rubs his chin, trying to think. Sango moves into his line of sight behind Kagome. She bends her knees. He swallows.

Inu-yasha bends down and goes down to one-knee. He gently takes Kagome's right hand and holds it. "Kagome." He starts, but stops.

"Yes, Inu-yasha?" She replies in a much better tone of voice.

He licks his lips, takes a deep breath, looking at the ground, he starts to speak in a low voice, "Kagome. I... Dammit. Kagome. I apologize. You are not A.. You are not a whore. I... I'm sorry."

Kagome reaches out with her left hand and gently lifts Inu-yasha head up, so she can see his eyes. "Are you really sorry?"

A pause . . . as they stare at each other's eyes . . .

"Yes." A pause and he continues, "I should have . . . "

"You should have asked me about this a long time ago, Inu-yasha. IF you had, this wouldn't have built into this huge of a fight, you know."

"Yeah." He shrugs. "It's just."

"Inu-yasha." Kagome bends down so they are looking at each other at the same level. "I'll make you a deal, you tell me when things are wrong and I will tell you the truth." A pause. "Deal?"

"Deal."

Kagome smiles and hugs Inu-yasha. "Thank you." She whispers.

He hugs her back. "I just . . . Miroku. You were so . . . " He whispers.

Kagome releases him and stands up, and Inu-yasha stands up, also.

Kagome looks at Miroku and smiles. Inu-yasha growls. Sango frowns.

Kagome turns to Inu-yasha, she frowns at the growl, but in a reasonable tone asks, "what else was I supposed to do, Inu-yasha?"

Without giving him a chance to respond, she continues, "If I had yelled, I can't fuck him, I'm a girl. That would have blown the entire evening. If I had yelled, I want you instead, and we needed to switch partners . . . that would have made the boss even more suspicious than he was . . . and that would have blown the evening. I didn't see where I had any other choice, but to act like a man."

She pauses, taking a deep breath, "And that meant fucking Miroku . . . and visibly enjoying it. So I could pass as a man. So, Inu-yasha, tell me what else was I supposed to do? And explain to me why you didn't do it with Sango?"

Inu-yasha takes a deep breath, pauses, looks at Sango, look at Miroku. `No help from either one.' He thinks.

And . . .

He opens and closes his mouth. "Why didn't you think about throwing up earlier?"

"Why didn't you?"

Inu-yasha growls.

Kagome frowns, "besides, Inu-yasha, why are you so upset, Miroku and I don't love each other, all we did was playact in front of them. That was Hojo and the geisha Sango fucking, not Kagome and Miroku."

Miroku clears his throat again.

Inu-yasha growls, deep in his chest.

Sango looks at him, with a horrified expression on her face.

Kagome twirls to look at him, her face white. "Don't tell me . . . "

She frowns, narrows her eyes, "You better not come up with some cockeyed speech that as a Buddhist monk you love everyone, Miroku. That's not what I meant. And you know it." A pause, "and if you do, I want to hear you say that you also love Naraku."

Miroku's mouth twitches, "you know me well, Lady Kagome." He nods his head at her.

"You live with a person long enough, Miroku . . . " she states. He nods again.

"Answer her question, monk." Sango requests in a low emotionless voice.

Miroku looks at Sango and nods. He turns to Kagome, bows, and begins to speak, "In all my travels, I have met only two women that I would want to marry, Lady Kagome. You are one of them."

Inu-yasha growls, and moves between Miroku and Kagome, he flexes his claws.

Kagome swallows hard, "I. I didn't know, Miroku."

Her eyes flick to Sango, who is gripping her sword hilt. Her fist is white, from the pressure she is applying to the hilt.

"You said two." Kagome whispers.

Miroku swallows and nods, "yes, Lady Kagome." He sighs, "And as much as I want to tell you that you are my first choice, I must state that you are not my first choice."

"And that first choice is?" Sango interrupts in that same emotionless voice.

Miroku pauses. "Is in this room."

Sango releases her sword hilt.

"Miroku . . . you know I." Kagome begins.

Miroku sighs, "I know. I am not the person that you love."

Kagome nods, "yes. You're not." She sighs. "Although, I do like you a lot, Miroku."

Inu-yasha growls.

Kagome, still looking at Miroku, growls back, "Inu-yasha, shut up."

Kagome, turns to Inu-yasha narrowing her eyes as she does. "Although . . . Miroku, while you are not my first choice . . . Of all the men in my life, except one, you would be my best choice."

Miroku swallows. "Thank you, Lady Kagome."

"You mean that, Kagome." Sango whispers.

"He's not my first choice, Sango. You know that."

Sango nods.

"But . . . compared to Hojo or Kouga, he's better than either of them."

Miroku raises his eyebrows, "Thank you for the compliment, Lady Kagome."

"Bitch . . . " Inu-yasha growls.

Kagome's glares at Inu-yasha, "I am telling you the truth about my feelings toward Miroku. So . . . this fight will not happen again. Do I make myself clear, Inu-yasha?" She asks in a deadly tone.

"Feh." He replies.

"Hrmph. That better be a yes." She turns to Miroku, "Miroku. I like you, a lot. More, then any other man I've ever met."

Inu-yasha growls.

"So. Inu-yasha, are you a man or a half-demon? You're always telling me that you are not a man. And . . . since you are not a man, Miroku, then, becomes the most important man in my life." Kagome says in a low sweet voice.

Inu-yasha blinks in confusion . . .

She looks at Miroku. "I'd trust you with my life and my soul." Her mouth twitches, "Not my body, though."

Miroku's mouth twitches. "Thank you, Lady Kagome. Although, I must protest. You can trust me with your body."

"Only if I want sex." Kagome replies to his protest.

"You know me well."

"Everyone in this room knows that, Monk." Sango interrupts.

Kagome, after a pause as everyone nods at Sango, "Compared to Hojo, you have a backbone." Kagome says, "And I do enjoy a fight."

Everyone snorts suppressing a laugh.

"As far as Kouga goes . . . I value education."

Everyone nods.

"And . . . once you stop talking about Naraku and ways to kill him, the weather, and maybe sex, Kouga's ability to handle a conversation, well . . . is a touch lacking." Kagome mouth twitches, "And well, I can't talk to you about the hard sciences, like math or biology, which I don't like anyway, but on the other stuff, we can talk and I have enjoyed our conversations."

Miroku nods. "I especially enjoyed that conversation about The Tale of Genji: the Shining Price."

Kagome smiles, "got an A+ on that report, because of you."

Inu-yasha growls. He is remembering all the nights when Kagome is studying, especially about history or literature, and Kagome and Miroku's friendly conversations, while, of course, they are seated far apart . . .

Sango nods, also remembering those conversations.

Kagome turns to Inu-yasha. "Miroku is the best male human friend I have, Inu-yasha. Nothing more. But . . . I told you I'd be honest about my feeling toward him, so, Inu-yasha . . . You know me, so tell me, if I see anybody suffering, don't I try to comfort them?"

"Yeah."

"The nights Miroku watches up, shuddering, staring at his hand, from his nightmare . . . Do you know how hard it is for me to ignore him on those nights and not comfort him, Inu-yasha?" Kagome continues, not giving him a chance to talk.

"I want to comfort him, Inu-yasha. And if it takes him groping me, to cheer him up, I'd do it. But, I don't comfort him because I know that you'd dislike it and I'd not think that Sango would like it, either."

"Kagome." Sango begins to speak.

Kagome turns to her. "Yes, Sango."

"You'll know he'll grope you."

Kagome shrugs, "If my choice is watching him shudder in fear, or ignore his hand on my rear. I'll ignore his hand."

Miroku smiles, lecherously.

Kagome turns to him, "Of course, Miroku, if you try to take advantage of this confession of mine . . . " Her fist balls.

He sighs, "In my dreams, lady Kagome . . . "

"It better stay in those dreams."Both Sango and Inu-yasha say as they growl.

He sighs, "All I am is being honest and truthful, the way a monk is supposed to be. And, nobody trusts me." Sigh.

Sango growls, "I trust you, Monk, as long as I can see those hands."

A pause as Sango and Kagome smile at each other and Miroku mumbles, "woe is me . . . "

"Is that it, Kagome?" Inu-yasha asks.

A pause as Kagome thinks . . .

"I said that I would be truthful, Inu-yasha." Kagome replies. She goes over to Inu-yasha and grabs his hands. She places his hands on her shoulders next to her neck. "And, Inu-yasha, I trust you." A pause as they stare into each other eyes.

"There are times, when, yes, my body does react to Miroku's groping." Inu-yasha's hand grip Kagome's shoulders. "If I said anything else, you'd know I was lying, you can smell my body's reaction."

A pause.

Kagome's mouth twitches, "And I'd be lying if I told you that I didn't enjoy the fucking Miroku tonight." Inu-yasha hands twitch, gripping her shoulders harder.

"And . . . Between the spring festival and reading I-shin-po, I, now, believe Miroku was telling the truth when he said that my powers can be improved by having sex."

Miroku smiles.

"You'd better wipe that off, before Inu-yasha notices." Sango says to him in a hissing whisper.

A pause. Kagome's hands reach up to Inu-yasha's face, and softly brush his check, "Miroku, no doubt, would be the best teacher for those lessons." Inu-yasha's hands move to her neck, as they move, they leave red marks on her shoulders.

"But, Inu-yasha, the teacher I'd want for those lessons . . . is you." She whispers, tears in her eyes.

They stare into each other's eyes.

Inu-yasha licks his lips, "You don't need that, Kagome. You're powerful enough as it is."

Kagome smiles, "thank you for the compliment, Inu-yasha."

Inu-yasha frowns and he thinks, `I did just compliment her . . . damn mouth . . . speaking before I could think.'

"May I hug you?" Kagome whispers as her hands go around him.

Inu-yasha hands leave her throat and circle her.

They hug . . .

Inu-yasha whispers, "I was soo . . . "

Kagome whispers, "Inu-yasha, don't ever be afraid that'll leave you over sex . . . my body is one thing. My heart is another."

They slowly bend down and gently slide to the ground, continuing to hug each other and move their hands over each others body. They are so totally involved in each other . . . that . . .

they ignore . . .

Sango and Miroku look at each other and smile. "It's nice when they share a sweet moment like this." Miroku whispers.

Sango nods.

"Did you enjoy him?" Miroku asks.

Sango swallows, and whispers, "yes. Kagome is a very lucky woman." A pause. "There is no need to ask you, the same question is there?"

Miroku's grins, "Oh, I've had professionals that were better, but . . . she's responds so naturally . . . "

"Lech." Sango growls.

He sighs and then he asks, "Is tonight going to affect?" he points to himself and to Sango.

"I do not know." Sango whispers. "Oh, I like Inu-yasha, but I'm not going to try to steal him from Kagome. Never. Kagome is my best friend and I'll never do that to her."

Miroku nods.

Sango sighs, "we . . . " She grimaces, "our relationship is so . . . "

"Unspoken." Miroku supplies helpfully.

Sango nods. "I shouldn't have been jealous of her. Tonight was something unplanned and unexpected. And I know she'll never leave Inu-yasha for you." A pause. "Well . . . If he really leaves with Kikyo." She shakes her head. "Even then, he'll leave her, not the other way around."

Miroku nods. `I have thought about approaching her after those fights with Inu-yasha. But she normally runs home . . . and . . . I respect her enough that taking advantage of her like that . . . just doesn't feel right.' He thinks.

Sango's eyes narrow, "you do know, Monk, that tonight was a unique occurrence and if you try to use it . . . " Her fist bunches.

Miroku sighs, "All I want to do is help Lady Kagome and yourself, Lady Sango, to enjoy yourselves, is that wrong?"

Sango shakes her head, "put it that way, no, monk."

Miroku smiles.

She continues, "But, neither of us like being groped and treated as object for your lusts."

Miroku sighs, "If only you'd give me a chance . . . "

Sango and Miroku stare into each other's eyes.

A pause . . .

Sango glaces at Kagome and Inu-yasha, who, while they are still entangled in each arms, they are glancing at Sango and Miroku.

Sango blushes red.

"You had an interesting thought, just then, didn't you, Lady Sango." Miroku purrs.

Sango's eyes narrow and she nods, "perhaps, Monk." She sighs, `and we've done it before in front of each other, so.' She thinks.

She looks at Miroku, obviously thinking about something hard . . .

"Monk, you know that one of the reasons, in addition to what I've just mentioned, that I've always said no to you before . . . is my desire to have no children until Naraku is dead."

Miroku stands straight up, and nods. `She thinking about it . . . seriously . . . don't mess this up . . . ' him thinks.

Sango sighs, "tonight." She brushes her hand at her groin. "There is seed within me."

She pauses, and she whispers in a low voice . . . "I . . . If I'm going to have a child. I would want it to be yours."

Miroku smiles and approaches Sango. He takes both of her hands into both of his hands. `I've got to make sure one of them, doesn't mess this up.' he thinks. He goes down to one knee in front of Sango.

"I would be honored, Lady Sango." He smiles, "And I'm sure my seed is stronger than Inu-yasha's"

"In your dreams." Inu-yasha interrupts.

"Shhhh." Kagome flicks his ear. "Let them talk. Don't interrupt."

Sango and Miroku ignore the other two and look into each other's eyes.

"Just tonight." Sango whispers. "Special circumstances."

Miroku sighs, "Just tonight." He smiles, "And this time, no gods to interfere so . . . I can show you exactly how good a lover I am."

Miroku stands up and embraces Sango.

Sango's body stiffens as he gropes her, but . . . she relaxes . . .

Miroku and Sango bend down and they slowly slide to the ground . . . Miroku's hands roaming over her body . . . Sango's hands roaming over his body . . .

Kagome whispers to Inu-yasha, "let me look at that leg of yours, now."

Kagome thinks, `please, let's see what I can do to give them some privacy.'

"It's healing." Inu-yasha whispers.

"Inu-yasha. I care about you, ok. And I'm going to look at that leg." Kagome's eyes twinkle, "Even if I have to use that necklace to do it."

Inu-yasha grins, sighs, and shifts his clothes so Kagome can look at his leg.

Kagome frowns. "You might think you're healing, Inu-yasha, but . . . your leg doesn't know it." She rips some of her clothes off and wraps it around the sword wound. "As soon as I can, I've got to examine your body."

Her eyes flick up his body, pausing at his groin, as she realizes that between the hug, the talk and her cleaning and bandaging his leg . . . Inu-yasha's manhood is reacting.

Her eyes go to his face.

They stare into each other eyes . . .

"Kagome?" Inu-yasha whispers.

"Yes. Do you think we should leave?" Kagome asks, as she thinks again about giving Miroku and Sango some privacy.

Inu-yasha ignores that question, and says, "You know . . . explaining Miroku seed on you to Shippo . . . "

Kagome pales. "I never thought about that." She whispers. `He would be able to smell it.' She thinks.

Inu-yasha's hand moves down and gropes Kagome's rear. "However . . . if there was two scents on you . . . "

Kagome reaches down and rubs Inu-yasha's manhood. "You just want to mask it with yours."

Inu-yasha growls. "Does it matter, why?"

A pause . . . Kagome flicks her eyes to Miroku and Sango, who have paused and they are looking at her and Inu-yasha.

"No." Kagome whispers. "And . . . If we stay together . . . that would be safer. Who knows if the muggers had any friends?"

"Yeah." Inu-yasha whispers as his hands begin to untie Kagome's clothes.

`Plus. If we're together. Sango and I can help each other, if the boys get out of control . . . ' Kagome thinks. She hands begin to untie Inu-yasha's clothes.

She looks around. She places her hand on Inu-yasha's hands, stopping him.

He looks at her in confusion. `I can smell her desire. It's even stronger than when she was behind the screen . . . so why?' he thinks.

Kagome whispers into his ear, "One of these days, Inu-yasha . . . I have a dream about you sweeping me off my feet and taking me to a beautiful, peaceful meadow, with a pretty waterfall nearby . . . One of these days, Inu-yasha . . . I'd really like you to be romantic."

Inu-yasha whispers back, "I am what I am, Kagome. You know I don't like that mushy stuff."

Kagome replies, "I know that Inu-yasha, I'd just like you to try it, if only once."

Inu-yasha growls, deep in his throat. "Maybe, bitch, but not tonight." His head goes to her breasts as he flicks her clothes off her.

She holds him to her breasts, playing with his ears.

She spreads her clothes on the floor. Inu-yasha rises on top of her . . .

His hips begin to move up and down over her . . .

Miroku and Sango stop paying attention to Kagome and Inu-yasha.

"Well?" Sango asks.

"If I've only tonight . . . " Miroku kisses Sango. "Let's use it."

Sango spreads her clothes on the floor.

Miroku rises on top of her . . .

His hips begin to move up and down over her . . .

Moans of pleasure . . . fill the room . . .

**********************************

Later . . . sunrise.

Kagome grins to herself as she stretches out across Inu-yasha's body, `All those all-night study sessions are paying off . . . I know exactly how tried I will be today.'

Inu-yasha runs his hands through her hair, brings locks of it to his nose. `I can still smell him, but . . . my scent is stronger. Good.'

"Get up bitch." Inu-yasha growls. "We've got to pick up the brat and the cat and get to the Yuka family compound. You got hired yesterday, remember. And I don't want last night to be wasted."

Kagome giggles. "I don't know, Inu-yasha, I'll never consider last night wasted." She sighs, "but. You are correct. Let's get up and get ready."

Miroku whispers to Sango as they watch Inu-yasha and Kagome start to get up. "Well, how was last night?"

"Like I always expected it to be, monk. Very enjoyable."

"Tonight, then?" Miroku asks.

Sango growls. "No. My basic objection about children still stands."

Miroku sighs . . .

They get up.

"Oh, yes, Inu-yasha, Sango and I will have to wash up, soon. I don't want to show up at the compound smelly like sex." Kagome mentions.

"Yeah, I figured that . . . " Inu-yasha grumbles. "Just don't take that long."

"We won't," Kagome replies.

"You two can go back to the room where Kirara and Shippo are and wait there. We'll be there as soon as we clean up." Sango orders as she and Kagome leave for the nearest public bathhouse.

They begin whispering to each other . . .

************************

"Well, Inu-yasha . . . When I can expect my punishment for last night?" Miroku asks as the boy's stand in the doorway watching the girls vanish into the early morning crowds.

"When she's on her side of the well." Inu-yasha growls. "And I will be letting her stay some extra time. Not because of her bullshit school, but because you'll need the extra time to heal."

Inu-yasha turns, grabs Miroku and brings him close, so he can snarl at him, "And if you do this or anything like this again, I will kill you."

Miroku raises' his eyebrows, "That Inu-yasha is one of the most idiotic plans you've ever come up with."

"Feh." Inu-yasha snarls.

"You heard her say that she wants to comfort me when I am hurt. If you hurt me, she'll want to comfort me . . . and she'll dislike you because you, Inu-yasha, caused my hurt." Miroku purrs as he explains. "So . . . Inu-yasha, attacking me is the best thing you can do to me."

Inu-yasha drops Miroku.

Miroku smiles, "And should you kill me, Inu-yasha . . . The bond between you and Kagome is very strong. It might survive the fight that would follow that . . . but." He looks Inu-yasha in the eyes. "I don't think it would and neither do you."

"Feh." Inu-yasha growls and turns away from Miroku. "I'm still going to hurt you when she's gone."

"And, within limits, I might even deserve some punishment, Inu-yasha, so I'll accept it. But . . . there are limits."

"Feh."

A pause . . .

"Inu-yasha?"

"Feh?"

"I just thought up a wonderful plan." Miroku purrs as he explains his prefect plan. "You don't want to get close to Kagome because you're afraid that someone will attack her." His eyes are staring at the two girls, not seeing Inu-yasha's reaction.

Growl.

"Well . . . If I become her lover . . . "

Deep angry growl . . .

"Then your enemies will not attack her, since she is not your lover. A prefect plan, right?"

Miroku looks at Inu-yasha . . . who is glowing red . . .

Miroku sighs . . . `Another lovely plan . . . gone . . . '

He starts running away from Inu-yasha . . .

"Come back here you perverted asshole!" Inu-yasha yells as he runs after Miroku . . .

*********************

Kagome and Sango are walking away from the boys . . .

After a couple minutes, Sango whispers, "now what?"

"We clean up, see what type of mess the boys are making, and then go see our new boss." Kagome replies.

"Kagome. You are not Inu-yasha. You know exactly what I meant." Sango's says in a hurt tone.

Kagome sighs. "Sorry. Will last night affect our friendship?"

Sango whispers, "yes, that is the question."

Kagome looks at Sango. "Sango, why would it? Yes, I know that you can get jealous."

Sango frowns.

"I've seen you when Miroku propositions other women. You do get jealous, you know."

Sango grimaces, but she nods.

"I'm not going to steal him from you."

Sango nods.

"I, also, tend to get jealous when he's with Kikyo. But, you're not Kikyo, so you're not going to steal him from me." Kagome shrugs. "I didn't like everything that happened last night."

Kagome looks in Sango's eyes, "But, Sango. If Inu-yasha is going to have sex with another woman, I'd rather it was with you then anyone else."

Sango blushes and whispers. "Yes. I suppose you are right." She sighs, "And if Miroku is going to have sex with another woman. I suppose last night was the best way it could have happened . . . "

A pause.

"Sango, why didn't you tell me about Kouga?"

"I wasn't sure, not until Inu-yasha mentioned it. I had considered it . . . and did think about telling you, but. It's embarrassing and I keep hoping I wrong."

"Tell me next time, please."

"Yes, Kagome."

A pause . . .

"I just . . . " Sango sighs.

"Yes . . . last night was not romantic."

Sango nods, "yes."

"Somehow we've got to them to do it again . . . this time in a romantic setting. Not in a dirty, flea infested rat-hole."

Sango nods in agreement. "How many flea bites do you have?"

"Too many . . . "

"Same here..."

"How hard to you going to hit him?" Sango asks.

"Which one, Miroku or Inu-yasha?" Kagome asks.

Sango shrugs, "your choice."

"Well, for Inu-yasha . . . once we get away from Kyoto and Inu-yasha's power return . . . I was thinking about a chorus of ninety-nine sits . . . minus how many orgasms I had last night."

A pause. "You?"

"Hmmm. Sounds good. Miroku gets that many slaps minus my orgasms."

They smile at each other.

"How many orgasms?" one of them asks.

"A lot . . . I don't think I'll hurt him that badly."

"Same here."

A pause . . .

"Kagome, you mentioned Kouga's education. You know Inu-yasha's . . . "

"Isn't much better." Kagome nods. "I know. But, consider this Sango. If Kouga controlled how often I got to school, how many times would he let me?"

"Never." Sango instantly replies. "You'd be his mate. And I know his tribe. Women are for children, cooking, and cleaning up, and that's it."

Kagome nods. "I thought so. Inu-yasha, on the other hand, he doesn't like it, but he allows me a chance to learn. He'll never admit it, but he does value education. And I keep hoping that when things settle down, I can help him learn."

Sango looks Kagome up and down, "That . . . Is probably a tougher job than killing Naraku."

Kagome smiles, mischievously, "One should have goals in life, right?"

Sango shakes her head as she whispers in awe, "Every time I think I know you, Kagome . . . you surprise me, again . . . "

Kagome's smile grows . . .

A pause . . .

"I would have thought that you would have wanted more privacy?" Kagome quietly asks.

Sango takes a couple of steps before she answers.

"I did think about it, but," She sighs, "Somehow, you know, every time we try to separate to get some privacy . . . something always goes wrong."

Kagome nods. "Yes. It does."

Sango sighs again, "So . . . "

Kagome continues, "we did it as a group."

Sango's mouth twitches, "and . . . the later half of last night . . . "

"Is something we want to have happen again." Kagome finishes for her.

Sango nods, she smiles, "Did you notice how the two boys were competing with each other last night?"

Kagome smiles, "Yes. Which I think . . . made last night better than it would have been if we had been alone."

Sango nods. "Miroku kept glancing at Inu-yasha trying to make sure he was better . . . "

Kagome "inu-yasha kept glancing at Miroku for that same reason . . . "

They both smile at each other. "And we got the benefits."

A pause . . .

"There's a bathhouse." Sango points.

"Good. Time to clean up." Kagome turns to enter the house.

Sango grabs her arm. "Kagome. One thing."

"Yes, Sango." Kagome stops and looks at Sango in surprise.

"We will be new hires. And that means . . . when we get there. There will be hazing and we will get the worse possible jobs."

Kagome nods. "I thought about that, Sango. Which might mean the prison detail, right?"

"Huh. Yes, I suppose." Sango replies.

"Good. And their dungeons under the compound."

"Where you felt the shard . . . "

Kagome smiles. "Yes, it'll be emotionally hard watching the prisoners, I'm sure, but . . . "

"We'll be able to explore the underground part of the complex." Sango says with wonderment in her voice.

"Like I planned." Kagome smiles.

they enter the bathhouse . . .

The end chapter 12.

___________________________________

I had planned on them getting to the Yuka compound and doing something there. But . . . this is a good stopping point. This finishes up the Geisha house and its aftereffects.

A word of warning . . . The next sequence, life in the Yuka compound and the girls jobs . . . well. As Sango just hinted at . . . bad things will happen . . . the life of a soldier was not always glamorous . . .

Thank you for all the reviews for chapter 11. That was the most responses I had for any chapter of this story. (I had been considering stopping this story, but . . . it will continue for probably a couple of more chapters.)

(Hmmm. Since Feb 26, I have not been able to access any recent reviews, so there might be delays, but I will respond to reviews.)

Thank you for reading

jeff shelton