InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Trip Through Time ❯ Falling down the Well ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot, so far....

A Trip Through Time

Chapter One: Falling down the Well.

A seven year old little girl sat on a bench, tears falling down her face, as she swung her legs unconsciously. Her hands rested on the edge of the bench on either side of her, holding onto the bench. The little girl looked up, her chocolate colored eyes filled to the brim with tears, as she tried to push them away. She didn’t want to cry, crying wasn’t good. She wouldn’t…. She sniffled, before wiping her eyes with the back of her sleeve. She sniffled again, before turning her attention back to the ground. She didn’t know what she was supposed to do. Her best friends were moving to America…. She would be all alone… She didn’t want to be alone! She was to shy, to be left all alone.

And they meant to much to her. ‘They can’t leave. I still need them. We promised to be friends forever.’ She thought to herself, as she pulled her legs up to her chest, and wrapped her arms around them, while resting her chin on her knees. She sit there for quite a while, just letting her tears fall.

A woman walked over to stand in front of the little girl. She simply stood there for a moment, as though contemplating what to say, until finally she decided. “Hey, Sweetie. It’ll be okay, I promise. You’ll make new friends, and you can keep in contact with them.” The woman - and the little girl’s mother said, as she kneeled on the ground. The woman looked into her daughter’s sad brown eyes, and sighed. After everything that had happened, it was hard for the little girl to lose someone else important to her, let alone three someones.

“They can’t go. They can’t leave! PLEASE don’t let them go, mama!” The little girl threw her arms around her mother‘s neck, and hugged her with all her might. Her mother always made everything better, she could fix this too, couldn't she? She had to be able to fix this, the little girl thought to herself, as she sobbed.

The woman rubbed the girl’s back soothingly, and made calm sounds of reassurance, while she stood, holding her daughter in her arms. “Come on. Let’s go home, everything will be fine. I promise.”

Sadly, it was a promise, the woman knew she wouldn't be able to keep.....
---
“Kouga?!” A voice from outside shouted. It was filled with panic and worry…. And it seemed to be muffled, probably from the closed window and the thick walls.

The little girl from earlier opened her eyes half way, and blinked.

“Kouga, where are you?” Another voice shouted. The little girl sat up in bed, and sat for a moment, before she heard another shout, “Kou---ga?!”

The little girl climbed out of her bed, and tip-toed to her bedroom’s window, trying not to let her little brother hear her. The walls were so thin, that she was certain a simple breath would wake him.

The little girl stood on her tip-toes, opened the window, and peeked out. The shouts were coming from the shrine of that old well…. What was it called again? The Bone Eaters Well? ‘I think that’s what it was…. That’s what grandpa called it…. I think.’ The little girl thought. She listened for another shout, maybe someone was stuck in there?

“Kouga!!!!!!” Both voices shouted together. The little girl moved away from the window, closed it, and walked to the door of her room. Maybe someone had gotten locked into the shrine, and couldn’t get out. She would just go let them out.

The little girl quietly walked down the steps and to the door. Once at the door, she put on her shoes, and opened the door, forgetting that it was winter, and that she needed a coat.

She quickly closed the door behind her, as she stepped out into the cold air. She shivered inwardly, while walked towards the shrine. No one else in the house had been awoken from the all the shouting, which was strange…. She wondered as she made her way across the cold tiled ground.
“KOUGA!!!” The shouts were definitely coming from inside the shrine. The little girl opened the door, but no one was inside, and the shrine doors weren’t locked. She stepped into the shrine, leaving the door open, so that the light from the moon would let her see where she was going.

“KOUGA WHERE’D YOU GO?!” The little girl jumped at the voice that shouted again, before walking down to the well, where the shouts seem to be coming from. She lifted the top to look inside, was someone trapped down there?

She pulled the top off completely, before leaning in a little, careful not to lose her balance, “Is someone down there?!” She shouted down into the well, there wasn’t a response.

The little girl shrugged her shoulders, and started to pull herself out of the well, her hand slipped on the side, and she fell forward. A bright blue light engulfed her and she was blinded by the brightness. She covered her eyes and screamed.

Suddenly, she began to slow down. The light faded to the point that she could open her eyes again, and she watched as the ground came into sight. She landed on her hands and knees on the bottom of the well…. Well…. She was sitting inside a well…. At the bottom of the well…. In the middle of the night…. Alone……

All at once she began to remember the movie her cousin Mai had her watch….. The Ring…… The little girl screamed at the top of her lungs, and jumped to her feet. She grabbed hold of the vines that were growing up and down the sides of the well, and climbed up…. She was almost at the top of the well, when the vines stopped…. ‘No, no, no, no, no! I can’t get stuck. REACH!’ She reached up, but the top was just out of her reach…. At least the vines weren’t breaking, that was good. ‘I will not look down, I will not look-’ She glanced down into the darkness she was almost out of…. She couldn’t see the bottom anymore….. A noise from out side the well, made her flinch, she clung to the vines, and squeezed her eyes shut tightly, ‘I want out now! PLEASE SOMEONE! HELP ME!’ She thought….

After a moment, something grabbed the back of her shirt and pulled her out of the well. The little girl opened her eyes, to find herself looking into icy blue eyes that sent chills down her spine, the first thing she thought was, ‘It’s Samara! I’m DEAD!’ She screamed at the top of her lungs, causing the person holding her up, to drop her to the ground with a thud., and grab their ears.

The little girl rolled onto her hands and knees and crawled along the ground for a moment, still screaming at the top of her lungs…. Her throat was starting to hurt, but she couldn’t stop screaming. She wanted to go home, she wanted to wake up from this night mare! This wasn’t happening to her! Not now!! “Ma-ma-ma-ma-MOMMMY!!!!”

End Chapter One.

SRF: Sorry for it being so short, I'll try and make the next one longer, okay? Well, R&R if you think it's even remotely worth continuing..