InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ She's From Where? ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Going somewhere Kagome?” a smooth and silky voice purred from behind her. Kagome jumped and whirled around, startled to find Sesshomaru standing there. She blushed as she realized that she had been rambling on to Sesshomaru about different types of shampoos and lotions and such! Well, it wasn't her fault. She had honestly thought that it was Sango, as she hadn't been expecting Sesshomaru to show back up so soon.
 
“S-Sesshomaru, I didn't know you were there,” Kagome said, putting a hand against her rapidly beating heart. If he kept doing that she wouldn't live to see twenty!
 
“Obviously,” he replied in a dry voice as he watched the young girl try to hide her shaking hands by rearranging things she had just finished packing.
 
“I asked you a question Miko,” he growled softly when she appeared to ignore him. He watched her back stiffen and as she turned to face him he got a glimpse of sorrow in her eyes before they were flashing fire at him.
 
“My name is NOT Miko! Nor is it `wench', `bitch', or anything else you can think of. I know that you know my name because you just said it! Either use it or don't expect a response from me until you do!” with that said, Kagome angrily grabbed her backpack and started to push past him. An iron grip on her right arm prevented her from getting very far. Her backpack was ripped from her hands and thrown aside as Kagome was then spun around to face a very annoyed Taiyoukai Lord. She stared defiantly up into his golden eyes, unwilling to show any fear. She somehow knew that he would never seriously hurt her, no matter how angry he got with her.
 
Sesshomaru stared down into the angry brown eyes of the human girl in front of him. Kami, she had never shown any fear of him! Why had he thought that this little display of male dominance would affect her? He released her arm and took a couple of steps back, his face once again arranged into its expressionless mask.
 
“I apologize Kagome,” he said slightly emphasizing her name, “I assumed that we had a deal. Are you trying to back out now?” he asked in a slightly frosty voice. His golden eyes were cool as they watched the young woman before him bow her head in shame.
 
“Gomen Sesshomaru-sama. I forgot that you are nothing like your brother,” she whispered as she once again felt tears well up in her eyes. Why was she feeling like this?
 
Sesshomaru felt a brief stab of pain that she had somehow thought that he was like Inu-yasha before ruthlessly shoving it away. In its place came a wave of anger. How dare she compare him to that worthless hanyou! He was the great Lord of the Western Lands and this woman would learn her place before she became his mate! As quickly as those thoughts came, they were also cast aside. Sesshomaru felt himself soften slightly and sighed. Apparently it would take more than a few kisses and actions to help heal the wounds that Inu-yasha had caused to this young woman's heart and spirit.
 
“Kagome, are you going somewhere?” Sesshomaru finally asked politely. His tone was as emotionless as his eyes, but both conveyed respect for her wishes. Kagome blinked up at him before smiling, lighting up her whole face.
“Actually Sesshomaru, I was going to take Shippo and go home to my time for a few hours,” Kagome explained softly. Sesshomaru nodded, his mind processing what she had just said. He had always thought that there was something unusual about her, but he didn't expect it to be her being from a different time!
 
Kagome watched as Sesshomaru struggled to keep his face expressionless yet take in that little bit of new information. She suddenly smiled again, deciding impulsively to treat Sesshomaru to a taste of her time!