InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ Time Travel Kagome Style! ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Come on Sesshomaru and I will show you where I come from!” Kagome exclaimed as she cheerfully grabbed his hand. Stunned, Sesshomaru allowed himself to be dragged out of the hut and about half way across the village before he finally remembered something.
 
“What about Rin and Shippo?” he asked coolly. Kagome stopped, temporarily stymied then suddenly snapped her fingers, startling Sesshomaru. Kami, her moods changed quicker than the weather sometimes!
 
Dropping Sesshomaru's hand, Kagome quickly sprinted back towards Kaede's hut, where Sango and the others were. She dashed inside, completely surprising the occupants. Sango had been in the process of once again beating Miroku over the head for groping her when Kagome suddenly appeared and caused her to become distracted. Miroku took the opportunity to escape to the other side of the room. Rin and Shippo just laughed at the antics of the grown ups while Kaede just shook her head. Inu-yasha still hadn't come back from his meeting with Kikyo, not that Kagome cared anymore. Those fateful words that she had overheard managed to do what all of his previous betrayals had not. They had completely killed any feelings of love she had for him. Instead, she found herself contemplating her strange feelings for his brother.
 
“Sango, could you and Miroku keep an eye on Shippo and Rin? I want to show Sesshomaru where I come from,” Kagome said. She didn't hear Inu-yasha come in behind her.
 
“You want to take Sesshomaru WHERE? I absolutely FORBID IT!” Inu-yasha shouted practically in Kagome's ear. She whirled around, her face a mixture of surprise and growing anger. Before she could take any actions, Sango stepped in between the two.
 
“Inu-yasha you have no say in what she can and can't do! Kagome, do you think the well will allow Sesshomaru to pass through?” Sango asked, voicing the question that everyone had been thinking in the back of their mind. Including Kagome who wasn't sure if it would or not.
 
“I don't know. Maybe if he is hanging on to me somehow,” she replied thoughtfully, completely missing the dark look of jealousy that passed across Inu-yasha's face at the thought of his bastard of a brother touching Kagome anywhere. Damn he hoped Naraku made a move soon!
 
“Anyways, can you?” Kagome asked, ignoring Inu-yasha's mutterings as she gave Sango her best pleading `puppy dog' look. Sango laughed and agreed, knowing that Kagome would be in the advantage against Sesshomaru in her time.
 
“Thanks Sango, I'll be sure to bring you Miroku and Kirara back something extra special!” Kagome called out as she ran out the door, completely ignoring the now fuming hanyou. She quickly returned to where she had left Sesshomaru and found him impatiently looking at the village.
“Gomen Sesshomaru, Sango and Miroku are going to look after Shippo and Rin for us,” Kagome said as she laid a hand on his arm. He turned and gave her a cool look before motioning for her to lead the way. As they walked, Kagome filled him in on what to expect when they reached her time period so that he wouldn't be overwhelmed by all the sudden noises and smells of her world. Sesshomaru just nodded, still not completely convinced that she was telling the truth.
 
Once they reached the well, Sesshomaru stared down at the small opening that Kagome claimed to use to travel back and forth from her time to here with a look of faint contempt. There was no way that such a beautiful young girl could use something this dirty to supposedly time travel through. He turned to say something and caught her watching him with a hint of uncertainty and sadness in her eyes. Sesshomaru sighed, unwilling to say anything just yet to upset her.
 
“Ok Kagome, now what do we do?” he asked softly. He was rewarded with a blinding smile and a brief hug before she grasped his hand and pulled him up on the edge of the well.
 
“Hang on tight Sesshomaru, I don't want to get separated from you,” Kagome said and jumped. Having no choice, Sesshomaru jumped with her into the darkness of the well.