InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ Meeting the future mother in law ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Well, I guess she was telling the truth after all,' Sesshomaru thought in amazement as a blue light surrounded the pair. Seconds later, Sesshomaru felt his feet hit the dirt bottom of the well. Looking up, he saw that above the opening of the well was a roof of some kind.
 
“Well, we're here Sesshomaru!” Kagome called out cheerfully as she let go of his hand and turned to climb up the rope ladder that her family had left for her. She had just placed one foot on the first rung when she felt herself picked up. She then felt Sesshomaru leap up and easily carry them out of the well. He set her down once they were on the ground.
 
“Much faster than climbing out wouldn't you say?” he asked dryly. Kagome nodded, temporarily speechless and Sesshomaru smirked at her before turning and examining his surroundings with a mixture of caution and curiosity. Thank Kami she had prepared him for all the different sounds and smells!
 
Kagome made her way over to the sliding doors of the entrance and then stopped as she waited patiently for Sesshomaru to finish examining everything in the building. She wondered how her family would react to him, and groaned as she pictured her Grandfather throwing charms at him. Sesshomaru was at her side in an instant, concerned for her but trying not to show it.
 
“Shall we go Miko?” he taunted lightly, knowing that would fire her up. Kagome glared at him for a moment before laughing softly. She opened the door and the pair stepped out into the noisy atmosphere of Tokyo. Although Sesshomaru didn't show it, the overwhelming smells and sounds of so many humans was getting to him already.
 
“Mom, Sota, Grandpa I'm home!” Kagome called as she entered her house followed closely by Sesshomaru. Kagome's mom popped out from the kitchen and stared at the Taiyoukai Lord that was behind her daughter.
 
“Hi dear is everything okay? Who's your friend behind you?” Mrs. Higarashi said cheerfully as she dried her wet hands on a dish towel. Kagome looked at her mother blankly for a moment then blushed as she remembered that Sesshomaru was with her.
 
“Um…well…you see…” Kagome trailed off, unable to think of a good way to spring the fact that her future son-in-law was behind her and that he was a great demon Lord over the Western Lands. Sesshomaru seemed to sense her confusion and took matters into his own hands.
 
“Kagome, why don't you go retrieve what we came here for and I shall explain things to your mother,” he said coolly. Kagome shot him a look that was part relief and part apprehension before running lightly up the stairs to her room. Sesshomaru watched her go then turned to the older version of his Kagome. He could see now where she got most of her looks and cheerful personality from.
 
“Let's go sit down shall we?” he said smoothly as he gestured to the room with the long sofa and odd looking black box.
 
While Sesshomaru was sitting down with Kagome's mom and filling her in on the latest developments in her daughter's life, Kagome was enjoying a steaming hot shower.
 
`Ahhh this feels good,' she thought as she allowed the hot water to beat down on her sore and aching muscles. As much as she liked soaking in hot springs, sometimes there was just no substitute for a steaming hot shower!
 
Knowing that Sesshomaru was downstairs and that her Grandpa would soon be back from where ever he had disappeared to, Kagome quickly washed her hair and cleaned up. Stepping out of the shower, she wrapped a large fluffy towel around her body and peeked out the door. Seeing that no one was around, she dashed from the bathroom to her bedroom, closing the door quickly after her. She quickly threw on a pair of black bikini panties and a matching bra before turning to her closet to choose an outfit. After a careful debate, she chose a black miniskirt that was just a tad bit longer than her school skirt, and a tight purple tee-shirt with the word `Vixen' written across the front in black letters. She bent over and pulled out a pair of comfortable black sandals to wear.
 
She then turned and grabbed another backpack, this one black and slightly larger than her other one, and began adding articles of clothing to it. She added a couple pairs of jeans and tee shirts and a pair of tennis shoes. Out of her dresser, she pulled out a handful of panties, bras, and socks and stuffed them into the bag as well. In her bottom drawer, she pulled out a pair of pajama pants and matching shirt as well as a pair of matching shorts.
 
`Kami how am I ever going to be able to carry all of this stuff?' Kagome groaned once she had closed the bag. Not to mention the special treats she had promised her friends! Sighing, Kagome reached over and dumped out the contents of her yellow backpack, making sure to set her CD player and CD's next to her black bag. Moving quickly, Kagome raced around her small room gathering up extra shampoos and lotions that she had had her mother purchase the last time she was home. With some chocolate for Rin and Shippo as well as extra crayons, coloring books, and learning materials, and a girly calendar for Miroku, Kagome quickly finished packing everything she was bringing and picked up the two packs, groaning softly at the weight. After checking to make sure that she hadn't forgotten anything, Kagome walked out of her room and down the stairs. At the entrance to the living room, Kagome dropped her bags and sweat dropped at the scene she found.
 
Her mother and Sesshomaru were sitting on the couch, facing each other over a cup of tea. Kagome's mother was chatting on and on about Kagome's past and about how she would make a wonderful mother someday. Sesshomaru sat there listening politely as he sipped his tea. Sensing that Kagome was watching, he smirked and set the cup down and decided to tell her mother exactly what the deal between them was.