InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ A Pleasant Way To Wake Up ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here we go with Chapter 16. Hopefully the first paragraph or two will also help explain why Kagome was so upset with Sesshomaru. Please remember to R & R!
 
 
 
Kagome stared at the great demon Lord, suddenly so very confused. A part of her was looking forward to getting married while the other part wanted to hold off until she was sure of her feelings for him and vice versa. After all, she was not sure if she could handle the pain of being rejected again. She wondered what was going on in the mind behind that emotionless mask that he always wore.
 
Sesshomaru gazed back at the now quiet young woman coolly. Although he had no way of knowing it, inside he was just as confused as Kagome was about how quickly a simple business deal seemed to be spiraling out of control. Kami, why was she so resistant to being his mate? Was it because he was a youkai? No, surely it was because she had no way of knowing how he truly felt about her. Maybe if he spent some time getting to know her, maybe she would come to love him. After all, she certainly hadn't resisted his kisses. At the thought of her young body pressed against his, Sesshomaru felt a sudden burst of heat and an uncomfortable tightening down below. He growled softly, annoyed at his body's sudden treacherous behavior. Kagome, not knowing what was happening, immediately assumed that something she had done had irritated him.
 
“Is something wrong Sesshomaru-sama?” she asked, leaving the safety of the small house and slowly making her way over to him. She stopped just in front of him and bowed her head, automatically showing subservience to him. Kagome was startled when he gently tilted her head up until her confused brown eyes met his cool golden ones.
 
“You are to be my mate, my equal. You do not have to show your submission to me,” he said, his voice as emotionless as always. He then stepped back and turned to walk off, pausing to throw one last comment over his shoulder.
 
“Tomorrow we shall begin your training wench,” he said. He walked off, chuckling softly at the choked sounds of fury coming from the young woman behind him. It was so much fun sometimes to irritate her! Due to his excellent hearing, Sesshomaru was able to spin around and neatly catch the good sized rock Kagome had thrown at the back of his pompous head with one hand. Kagome stood a few feet away, nervously awaiting his reaction.
 
“Good aim,” was all he said before dropping the rock and continuing on his way towards where Rin and Jaken waited for him, leaving a shocked Kagome to stand there and stare at his retreating back. After a few moments, Kagome shook clear of the shock and dawning admiration that had overwhelmed her at his lightening fast reflexes and slipped back into the hut she had temporarily claimed as hers and Shippo's to do some intense thinking.
 
The next morning Kagome was awoken bright and early to the feel of someone gently stroking her hair. Automatically assuming that it was Shippo, she rolled over and threw an arm around what she had assumed was her son. Instead, she was shocked to feel a hard masculine body lying next to her. Her eyes immediately shot open and she found herself gazing into Sesshomaru's gently mocking eyes.
 
“EEEPPP!” she squeaked as she frantically tried to push away from him. Unfortunately, Shippo was asleep behind her and awoke to find himself being squashed by his mother.
 
“Mama!” he cried out, once again startling poor Kagome who then rolled back over and up against Sesshomaru, who had been quietly laughing at the scene before him. He automatically wrapped his arms around her and watched as Shippo quickly crawled out of the sleeping bag and scurried out the door to find Sango and Miroku. Maybe there he could get some sleep without someone rolling over and squashing him!
 
Kagome's face was beet red but she was smiling as she let the sound of Sesshomaru's rich throaty laughter wash over her. `Kami, he really should laugh and smile more often,' she thought in a daze. She was unaware of exactly when the laughter stopped and the kissing began. All she knew was that suddenly Sesshomaru's lips were on hers, his tongue lightly stroking her bottom lip. She automatically opened her lips and felt his tongue snake in to dance against her own. At some point in time Kagome had lifted her arms and wrapped them around the demon Lord's neck, gently stroking his hair and occasionally one of his ears. A low growl rumbled through his chest and Kagome felt herself melt even closer against him.
 
Sesshomaru continued to kiss his future bride, being careful not to injure her. He slowly ran a hand down her side, acquainting himself with the gentle curves of her body. Kami, he had never felt this way before! He had never intended to take a mate, much less a human mate. But something about this woman touched feelings that he had thought long buried deep inside him. He broke the kiss reluctantly and pulled back as the sounds of Kagome's friends making their way to the hut came closer. Kagome looked up at him, her eyes unknowingly filled with the love that she had yet to acknowledge that she was feeling. Right before the small group walked into the hut, Sesshomaru smoothly leapt up and made his way to the other side of the room, casually leaning up against a wall. Seconds later, Sango and the others walked in and started bombarding Kagome with questions. All except Inu-yasha. He took one good sniff of the air and knew exactly what had been happening.
 
“Kagome are you okay? Shippo came tearing into Kaede's hut screaming something about Sesshomaru trying to hurt you,” Sango said in a worried voice. Kagome sat up and ran a hand through her hair wearily as she tried to finish waking up. A low growl from Inu-yasha drew everyone's attention to the silent Taiyoukai Lord casually leaning against a wall on the far side of the room.
 
“Do you have some kind of problem hanyou?” Sesshomaru asked in an ice cold voice. His golden eyes shot sparks at the growling half breed demon across the room from him, silently daring him to make the first move. Surprisingly, Inu-yasha backed down without Kagome having to use the dreaded word on him. He turned to the young girl who was still halfway covered up by her sleeping bag and saw that she was blushing furiously.
 
“What's the matter Kagome? Cat got your tongue? Oh wait, I guess I should ask if Sesshomaru got your tongue.” Inu-yasha snarled, causing the young woman to pale and look away hurriedly. Everyone was silent as they waited for Kagome's answer. What she said next shocked everyone except Sesshomaru.