InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ Training With Lord Fluffy ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Oh can it Inu-yasha! Sesshomaru was just waking me up in the sweetest way possible so that we could start my training,” Kagome snapped at the hapless hanyou. Inu-yasha's mouth fell open in shock at both her words and the tone of voice she had used on him.
 
“You can't actually mean to tell me that you like being groped by Sesshomaru?!” Inu-yasha snarled, earning another threatening growl from said demon Lord and an angry SIT from Kagome.
 
“What I like and don't like is none of your concern baka!” she cried angrily to the Inu-yasha shaped hole that he was lying in. Sticking her nose in the air, Kagome quickly grabbed the backpack with her clothing in it and disappeared into the other room to change. When she came back out, everyone but Sesshomaru was gone. Nervously, she set her backpack next to her sleeping bag and turned to the still silent Taiyoukai Lord.
 
“What?” she asked in a defensive tone of voice as she noticed that he was staring at her clothing with something akin to disgust in his eyes. She looked down at the black pair of jeans and the tight tee-shirt that she was wearing. Add a pair of socks and tennis shoes to the outfit and Kagome didn't see what was so wrong with what she was wearing. After all, at least this outfit covered more skin than her school uniform did!
 
Sesshomaru glared in disgust at the unusual fabric covering Kagome's legs. He had never seen jeans before but instinctively knew that he did not like them. After all, they covered up all of his Kagome's wonderful legs! The sound of a certain Miko irritably clearing her throat pulled Sesshomaru from his thoughts. He gave her a cool look and made his way to the door, pausing only to see if she was following him. Once outside the pair headed to a nearby clearing for some training, with the rest of the gang trailing further behind to observe.
 
“The first thing we're going to do is train you how to use a sword. Once your arrows are gone you are pretty much defenseless,” Sesshomaru said coolly as he pulled out a small delicate sword from another sheath on his waist. Kagome stared at it, not ever having seen it before. She absently noted that Sesshomaru had removed the scabbard from his waist and placed it gently next to her bow and arrows. The sword he handed to her and she was amazed at how light it felt but how deadly it looked.
 
“That sword used to be my mothers so I expect you to take good care of it,” Sesshomaru said quietly from behind Kagome. She whirled around and looked at him, speechless. Why would he give her his late mother's sword if he didn't have feelings for her? Sesshomaru saw the question in her eyes and smirked before turning away. That was one question that he would leave unanswered until a later date. Kagome stared at the sword again and was surprised to find a faint glow coming off of it. Sort of like the Tetsusaiga before it transformed for Inu-yasha in a battle.
 
“Kagome look out!” Sango's cry pulled her from her thoughts just in time to see Sesshomaru slashing at her with Tokijin. Instinctively, she brought her sword up and blocked his attack successfully.
 
“A little more warning next time huh?” she said irritably to the Taiyoukai Lord. He merely arched an eyebrow and came at her again from a different angle. This time, she was ready and easily blocked his thrust, lunging forward with one of her own. All those times of secretly studying Inu-yasha when he fought with the Tetsusaiga had really paid off.
 
“I thought that you did not know how to use a sword?” Sesshomaru called out as they continued to fight, looking for any signs of weakness in the other. Occasionally the others would call out encouragement and helpful instructions to Kagome for which Sesshomaru was profoundly glad. Inu-yasha was silent, watching Kagome move with a newfound respect. All this time she had been watching he and the others fight so that she could be of some help to them. He should have been the one to pull her aside for training and to get her a sword!
 
After almost an hour and a half of constant battle, Sesshomaru called a halt. Immediately Kagome fell to the ground, slightly winded but proud of her accomplishment. She had proved to everyone that she was not as weak and helpless as they had thought!
 
“Tell me Kagome, where did you learn to fight like that?” Sesshomaru asked as he sheathed his sword and joined the girl on the ground. The rest of the gang gathered closer, as they were anxious to hear what she had to say. They were expecting to hear that she had been training secretly in her era with someone. They were not expecting to hear what she said.
 
“Actually, just from watching Sango and the others whenever we came across a demon. I studied their moves and worked on them late at night when even Inu-yasha was asleep,” she said, glancing nervously at her startled friends. They had had no idea that she had been watching them so closely during battle! It would explain why she seemed to almost always get attacked. Sesshomaru merely nodded, satisfied with her answer. He had thought that he detected traces of the demon slayer and the monk's fighting tactics in her arsenal. Hell, she had even used some of his half brother's own moves against him! He had to admit, that she definitely could handle her own in a fight now that she was capable of using a sword.
 
“Are you tired or would you like to try and improve your aim with the bow and arrow?” Sesshomaru asked as he lay back in the grass and stared up at the blue sky above. His appearance was one of someone who could care less. Kagome looked at him closely and could see a strange tension faintly humming throughout his muscular frame. She decided she might as well finish training today for tonight she was bound and determined to get some answers out of the stoic Taiyoukai Lord!