InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ Miroku Gets Caught! ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Kami this feels good,” Kagome groaned later that night as she sank down deep into the hot springs. Sango smiled sympathetically at her friend, knowing that she had worked hard today. Of course she would feel ten times worse in the morning, but Sango didn't have the heart to tell Kagome that.
 
“Kagome, can you tell me a little more about your wedding?” Sango asked hesitantly. She knew that Kagome was both happy and upset about it. She wanted to find out what exactly Kagome was upset about. She heard Kagome sigh and slip further down into the water until she was immersed from the chin down.
 
“You would probably be better off asking Sesshomaru about it. After all, he and my mother practically made all the arrangements in front of me,” she sighed. Sango heard a note of anger underneath the resignation as well as happiness. Sensing that she wouldn't get anything else out of Kagome on this subject, Sango turned the topic to Naraku. Neither girl paid the slightest bit of attention to the rustling in the bushes next to the hot springs as a certain perverted houshi peered through them in the hopes of catching a peek of one of the two women. Seeing that they would be there for some time, Miroku backed out of the bushes quietly and straight into the tall imposing figure of Sesshomaru.
 
“What were you doing in those bushes monk?” Sesshomaru all but growled in a cold voice. He was careful to keep his voice low so that the two women who were now engaging in a water game did not hear him. Miroku turned as pale as death as he frantically tried to come up with some way of saving himself from a brutal beating from the Taiyoukai Lord.
 
“Oh…hi Sesshomaru nice night for a walk huh?” Miroku chattered nervously as he tried to inch his way around the furious demon. No such luck for in an instant, Miroku found himself pinned to a tree with Sesshomaru's hand wrapped around his neck. Not so tightly that he couldn't breathe but tightly enough that he couldn't escape.
 
“I asked you a question monk. What are you doing out here and don't try to pass of the excuse that you were just taking a walk,” Sesshomaru hissed quietly. Miroku felt himself pale even further and then sighed.
 
“I thought that I heard the girls scream so I came to make sure that they weren't in any danger,” he replied, keeping his eyes tightly closed. After all, if Sesshomaru was going to kill him he sure didn't want to see it coming! Much to his surprise, Sesshomaru immediately set him on the ground, facing towards the village.
 
“Go now and I won't tell the women. If I ever see or hear of you even so much as thinking about spying on them again while they bathe or change clothes…” Sesshomaru trailed off, making his point crystal clear. Miroku swallowed heavily and nodded before quickly and quite clumsily making his way back to the village to find a place to hide in. Sesshomaru watched the human go, a smirk on his face. Humans were so easily scared sometimes. Sesshomaru started back towards the village himself, not wanting to get caught by the two women in case they overreacted.
“Did you hear something Sango?” Kagome asked her friend as they finished up their bath. Sango paused in rinsing herself and listened, then shook her head.
 
“Thankfully no,” she laughed and the two girls finished their bath in silence. Once they returned to the village they found a suspiciously quite Miroku and an openly amused Sesshomaru. The two girls just looked at each other and decided that they really didn't want to know.
 
During the next several days, Kagome continued to train with Sesshomaru on perfecting the use of her sword and bow and arrows. Afterwards, she would work with Kaede and a still somewhat subdued Miroku on harnessing her Miko powers. As hard as it was, Kagome was especially proud of the fact that now not only did she know how to defend herself and her friends with weapons, she could protect them with barriers and her purifying powers.
 
Every few days she and Sesshomaru would go through the well to Kagome's time to retrieve more first aid supplies and food. They would also have to endure hours of Kagome's mother showing them the latest things she had picked up for the wedding. Poor Sesshomaru had to tolerate being called Fluffy, which amused Kagome to no end. Always on the way back to the Feudal Era, he got a small measure of revenge on Kagome for laughing at him by kissing her nearly senseless then abruptly walking off, causing her to follow behind him loudly cursing his tactics.
 
One morning Kagome awoke as usual to the fact that she really couldn't move very much. On one side of her was Shippo, curled up into a little ball in the sleeping bag with her. On the other, she was lying with her back up against Sesshomaru's muscular chest and his arm was securely wrapped around her waist. On top of that, his tail was wrapped around both her and Shippo, providing extra warmth against the chill of the night air. As she lay there trying to figure out just what exactly had woken her up, she caught sight of a faint glow coming from somewhere around her neck. She lifted up the bottle that held their pieces of the Shikon jewel and saw that it was glowing softly.
 
`What the heck is going on?' she thought to herself. She closed her eyes and focused on her powers, striving to find the source of the glow. She gasped when she encountered a darkness coming towards the village along with a huge chunk of the Shikon jewel. She opened her eyes and carefully turned to wake Sesshomaru, knowing now that the day had come for the final showdown with Naraku.