InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Abandoned Home ❯ Abandoned Home - Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: I know how many fics there are of Sesshoumaru kidnapping Kagome and such or something similar. I myself am a Sess/Kag fan so I wanted to try something else. Please bear with me on this one. It's a new idea and it's 7:52 AM on a SATURDAY MORNING that I'm writing this.


* * * * * * * * * *
Abandoned Home - Prologue
By Clow Angel
* * * * * * * * * *

Time period: Feudal Japan

Once upon a time, there was a young dog youkai that seemed to be around nineteen years of age in Human years who lived a wealthy life. He was a handsome, educated young man, albeit a little distant, no make that very distant. He knew how to fight. In fact he was extremely skilled and intune with his abilities.

One night, a cool spring moonless night, an army of youkai attacked his home, burning it to the ground, killing everyone in the household. They stole what they had and fled with their winnings after the kill. Columns of smoke rose into the air, contaminating the starlit sky. The young man could do nothing but watch as he was overwhelmed in combat, and laid there severely injured, waiting for death to pick him up and bring him to the afterworld. Help would come soon, but it would be too late.

His servants were slaughtered, family killed. He however cared for them not. They didn't deserve it. Not after what has happened. Not after what they did to HIS family, HIS happiness. At that moment, the young dog demon wondered if he would be joining his mother soon.

His vision was getting blurry, he could barely make out the flames. He could feel the heat from the dancing flames, and smell the night air and the stench of blood mixing with the purity of the night. Before he met darkness, he heard running of footsteps and saw a pair of deep ocean blue eyes stare down at him in what seemed to be concern. He can barely make out a girl saying "Hang in there! Hang on!" before darkness greeted him.

* * * * * * * * * *

Here's the prologue. ^^ How is it? ^^ It's the first time I've written anything like this. I know there are probably gonna be a heck lotta mistakes in here. I'm not the best with grammar and spelling, I'll tell you that.