InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Abandoned Home ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: Second chapter. ^^ I know Sesshoumaru is slightly OOC but I'm doing my best. I'm hoping he'll be in character in this chapter, but I don't know how it'll turn out.

* * * * * * * * * *

Abandoned Home - Chapter 2

* * * * * * * * * *

Spotting the centipedes, they saw one was about to eat one of the villagers. "Oh no!!"

Sesshoumaru stood by and watched as Kagome went to work. Just as he started wondering what sort of weapon she would use, a bow and arrow materialized out of her pure purplish-pink energy. Aiming at one of the centipedes, she shot at the male one's head, completely disintegrating the giant bug. The giant female centipede went wild once she saw her mate die. Screeching, she dove for the miko. Sesshoumaru stood at the side with a bored expression as he watched the fight. Kagome nimbly jumped out of the way. Readying another pure arrow, she shot it into the bug's midsection, disintegrating it on contact. The fight was over.

"Kagome-sama, let's hurry and get to the injured villagers."

"Alright. Lead the way." Turning to Sesshoumaru, she looked up at him. "Why don't you come?"

"I think not. I'll be staying here."

"What for?" When she didn't receive an answer, she narrowed her eyes, and left in a huff.

'Odd human girl.'

He took out his evil sword, Toukijin. Holding it infront of him, he examined it. It didn't take much damage from the fire, so there wasn't any repairing needed. Strapping it back on his waist, he unsheathed Tenseiga. This sword of his never seemed to work when it wanted to. It's as if it had a will of its own. Tenseiga wasn't damaged either. It looked fine, as if the flames never hit it at all. He assumed that was the power of the sword. It had incredible abilities with healing and protection. He stayed in the large meadow practicing his swordsmanship for several hours to make up for the few days he did not due to the chaos and havoc. Soon, it was nearly sunset. He headed back to Kagome's home. Jumping over the border of her home, he landed in the courtyard. Taking a sniff of the air, several delicious smells hit his nose. He assumed it was probably her cooking dinner.

Stepping into his given room, he sat down on the bed. Repressing a sigh, he stared at the single candle on the desk flicker. Wondering about his position as it is, he figured he would wander around and grow stronger or he could rebuild his home. Either would be fine with him.