InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Across Time ❯ Battle of the Sexes ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Across Time by: Sakura

A/N This chapter was a collaboration with Badiyannu (of course, who else?).

~*~*~*~*~

"...Kagome," Matoko said quietly.

The group was in silent shock for several seconds. Then, in a rage, Kagome got up and left. Inu Yasha paid no attention to his surroundings- his golden eyes were fixed dead straight on the flames of the fire.

Miroku didn't seem that surprised; he thought that Inu Yasha and Kagome would get together eventually. Being the perverted monk that he was, what more could he think about?

Sango was in utter disbelief. She'd never had thought that Kagome was that kind of girl. Or Inu Yasha that kind of... well... guy.

Shippo looked up at Sango, "What? What happened? Why did Kagome leave?"

"...It's something you wouldn't understand."

Suddenly, Inu Yasha jumped up from his seat on the ground to storm into the forest.

~*~*~*~*~

Kagome threw herself down on the side of the well. Tears flooded her vision as she buried her face into her arms.

"...a child?" she whispered to herself between quiet sobs. "...Inu Yasha would allow himself to love me?..."

"It's all your fault."

Kagome looked up through tear-stained eyes at the hanyou towering over her.

"Inu Yasha..."

"It will be your fault, you know. How could I ever lower myself down to that level of indecency?!" he shouted, pounding his fist on the frame of the well.

It was Kagome's turn to be angry. "My fault?! How will it be my fault?!" She stood up to meet Inu Yasha face-to-face.

"Knowing you, you'll probably seduce me with those womanly wiles of yours! You think I'd like you just how you are?" the hanyou barked, staring Kagome straight in the eye.

"'WOMANLY WILES?!?!' I didn't even KNOW I HAD 'womanly wiles'! What is wrong with you, Inu Yasha?!" Kagome yelled, hurt, but angry.

"Nothing is wrong with me!!! Why don't you go find yourself some other guy to screw?!?!" Inu Yasha roared, not realizing what he was saying.

Kagome recoiled as she winced and tears came to her eyes once again. That last remark had hit home.

Inu Yasha's expression immediately became softer as he found out his mistake. "Kagome... I didn't mean it!"

In a haste, Kagome ran off into the deep woods, tears flying down her cheeks.

Inu Yasha wanted to go after her, but something inside him told him he had better not. If he did, he'd probably end up hurting Kagome's feelings once more.

Inu Yasha then heard someone walking up behind him; it was Matoko.

"Inu Yasha?" she asked meekly.

This was the first time she had ever called him by his name, so it felt a little strange.

Matoko knew he had been angry, but she decided to talk to her father about what she told the group earlier.

"I didn't mean to ruin your night- it's just that you asked me about Ryu's mother and well... I didn't want to keep anymore of the truth from you," Matoko confessed.

"...you know this?"

"Huh?" Matoko had been so caught up in trying not to anger Inu Yasha further that she was unable to hear what he had just said to her.

"How do you know Kagome and I will have a child together?" Inu Yasha repeated.

"Ryu -your son- he had amazing abilities. For one, he was an excellent archer: he had the power to create the sacred arrow too. Not that I ever saw him, but Ryu told me he could purify anything evil," Matoko said as her ears began to slouch. "Plus, he was old enough to know. He said that his mother was the one you had collected the Shikon no Tama with."

Matoko averted her eyes from Inu Yasha's to look down into the well from which she had arrived. She longed so much to go back to her time to see how everything was going, but she also knew that she would have to keep her father and Kagome together; because if she didn't then her brother would never be born.

"I...uh...I have to go find Kagome," Inu Yasha said, leaving in a haste.

Matoko continued to look down into the well, sliding her weight over to her left arm. She prepared to leap over the side and back into your own time, when someone's voice filled her head.

*...you can't come back. This time period is no longer apart of your life. You must keep my parents together, please Sister.*

"Ryu? Ryu, is that you? Brother!" To someone who didn't know, Matoko would have looked quite silly yelling at an unseen person. The hanyou would have appeared mad.

*Yes, it is I, Matoko. Listen to you heart- you must keep my parents together. You know what'll happen if you don't...*

There was silence. Matoko waited for Ryu to continue, but he didn't. She knew, for since he was dead, that it was Ryu's spirit that had been speaking to her, but she wanted to believe that her brother was standing next to her and telling her this personally.

She was probably just imagining the whole thing, but she decided against going back to her own time. She would do Ryu's will, and keep his parents together; even if it was the last thing she did.

It began to rain.

~*~*~*~*~

Not really sure of where she was walking, Kagome staggered through the forest; her mood rivaling the weather. More tears slid down her face as Inu Yasha's voice echoed through her ears.

"Why don't you go find yourself some other guy to screw?!?!"

"Kagome?"

The girl stopped. For a minute she thought she had heard someone call her name; but she didn't dare turn around. So, she continued, until she felt something strong grab her arm. She looked down and saw clawed fingers and a red kimono sleeve.

Inu Yasha...

"Hello, Inu Yasha," Kagome said. Her voice was so cold that one would have thought it was Kikyo that had spoken, rather than Kagome.

"We need to talk, right now."

"Hmph! What for? Is Miroku free for `screwing'?" Kagome fought hard trying to hold her tears.

"Damn it! Are you still with that?!" Inu Yasha growled. "I mean... Kagome, I'm sorry..."

The hanyou released his grip from Kagome's arm, but placed both hands on her shoulders, and began to lightly massage them with his thumbs. She began to lean into him, where he could smell her hair. Her scent was really very nice.

Kagome turned around, pushing her hands against Inu Yasha's chest; she hadn't even realized that he wrapped his arms around her in an embrace.

"Then, do you forgive me?" Inu Yasha whispered into the girl's ear. He pulled back, looking her in the eyes.

"Of course..." she said into his mouth. [1]

~*~*~*~*~

"...b-but we're not alone!"

Sango's eyes widened as the monk moved in. This was it, the end. Now that everyone, but Shippo had left the area, the stage was set.

"I won't; not with Shippo here," the monk reassured her. "Just a little one."

"All right, a really little one."

"That's my girl; I knew you'd see it my way," Miroku said in an almost seductive way. "Shippo. Turn around."

The fox child did what as he was told; Miroku had been trying to get something from Sango ever since Matoko told them that Kagome and Inu Yasha would have a child together. Knowing Miroku, it could be a variety of things.

There was a `clink!' as Miroku dropped his staff on the wet ground. Then the sound of ruffled clothing caught Shippo's attention. What was Miroku doing? The kitsune could no longer contain his curiosity; trying not to be seen, he turned to peek over his shoulder.

To his surprise, Miroku was already facing him. The monk was blushing furiously, probably more than Sango herself. He had his hand to his lips; he looked as though he were checking to see if they were still there. Then, he looked up towards the sky and seemed to be smiling wildly at nothing, but the dark clouds.

He stood up, and tried to rid his robes of any mud and grass; he was still grinning.

"...I got a kiss from Sango!"

~*~*~*~*~

A/N Silly monk, getting all excited over something so minor. ^_^ I was hoping I'd finish this chapter today; I really wanted to update this fic, before Christmas. You could think of it as my present you.

[1]- if you didn't get that, reread it. Here's a hint: they kissed. (I still can't believe I wrote a love scene and a semi-love scene. Wow.)