InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Affettuoso al fine ❯ al fine 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TiarellaCordifolia


[Affettuoso al fine]
tender.:.to.:.the.:.end


(PG-13) "Inuyasha" Romance (Sess/Kag)

DISCLAIMER: everyone insists that I make it clear that Inuyasha isn't mine, so: I DON'T OWN INUYASHA! YOU'VE GOT NOTHING ON ME! Bwahahahah! But I can't say much bout Sesshoumaru ;D [fine…ruin my fun…]

DEFINITION: (1) Affettuoso- musical term for "tender" (2) Al fine- musical term for "to the end"

SUMMARY: They say that unanswered "why's" are a part of life. No one ever thought that Kagome was never truly as naïve as they thought. How, in the midst of her short life, she had come to discover theories upon theories to the meaning of truly living. Tired of seeing everyone strive to sacrifice their happiness for others, Kagome finally seeks out to set things right for others. Slowly, but surely, Kagome's spirit and soul is breaking. That is, until someone came and picked up her broken pieces.

_______________________________________________________________________ ______________________

Author's Note:

-bows head in deep regret- so sorry people but internet hates me and I just recently got it back. Lots of stress from school and all too so I didn't really have time to update any of my fics. Since its summer vaca now, ima update more often prolly, but you know me: lazy ass bum that I am. -sighs dejectedly- my apologies if no one actually reads or looks forward to my updating this fic in particular but im in love with what I have and ima prolly screw it up later newho…

_______________________________________________________________________ ______________________

[Chapter 4]

poke.

whisper whisper.

The driver sighed and rubbed his temples. His forehead wrinkled delicately as he narrowed his eyes, focusing on his driving instead of the two females, well three if you count the kid, in the backseat of his car.

"Ow! Kagome!"

The said lady seethed with fury. Her eyes were shut, eyebrows drawn tightly together as she bit her lips shut from shouting at her best friend for her ignorance. With her arms crossed, she blatantly refused to acknowledge her poor friend's pathetic moans of pain. Up front, one tired male smirked at the young woman's patience. It reminded him of himself and his half-brother; only he would have maimed his half-brother much earlier.

Once more, he sighed as he switched on the turn signal and waited for the light. He wondered what moved him to invite these two to come along with him. Ah yes, for Rin.

He gave a soft sigh, this time filled with content. He had finally found the answer to his problems. Of course…-he glanced back in his mirror- given his answer's rather scary display of pented anger; he had to question his judgment.

------------

"Are you absolutely insane?" Sango whispered fiercely, holding Rei tightly against her as if in doing so it would protect her from the evil male in the driver's seat. "All males are positively bad news, Rei. You must never forget that," she told her kid.

"It's just a guy in a car Sango. Stop freaking out. It's a guy with a business card from the Tokugawa in a mad nice car. Besides, we can't even afford to rent a car, so just enjoy the ride," Kagome bit out. She sighed and smiled tiredly at her friend, "Besides, he's got both of us a job offer. Isn't that what you wanted? A better job so you could take care of Rei better? Imagine, getting a job in with his business!"

"For all you know, that job could be his personal blow-job!"

Kagome jabbed her and glanced quickly at the mirror to see if he heard. Noticing his dazed expression as he made a turn, she turned back to her friend with a mean look across her blushed face.

Sango shrugged sheepishly and took her hands off her daughter's ears. "Sorry," she grinned. She hugged her daughter softly with sad eyes. "It just doesn't seem possible that things would get better after everything for so long." She lifted her head sharply at the sound of soft tinkling laughter.

"You know Sango, hanging around you can't be good for me," Kagome admonished. "You've become way too pessimistic."

"And you never seem to have grown up to let go of your hopes," she smiled sadly. "I don't know how you do it Kag."

The young bartender tilted her head modestly and winked. "I've got to remain hopeful enough for all of us." She turned back to face front and placed a thoughtful gaze at the seemingly beautiful man through the mirror.

"Maybe," she spoke to herself. "Maybe we were meant to be saved."

------------

He pulled up to the front of a mansion.

Well, a mini-mansion in any case. We can't afford huge land spaces near the city now can we?

It was a quiet neighborhood. More of the "retired" section of town with the nice looking lawns and great bonsai showcases. Sango sighed wistfully as they peered out of their windows at the richer neighborhood. Here lived the wealthy of the city. Well, perhaps part of their year anyways since the rich could afford to live in a much larger space when they don't have business to deal with in the city. Imagine, owning a house! To own more than one huge plot of land!

The blond man stepped out of the car. Confused, the ladies followed his example and got out, watching in awe as someone came and parked the car for him. It wasn't as if they weren't aware such things existed, but for someone who lived their life without much luxury, such displays of wealth was bound to make some light-headed.

Kagome of course was a bit more down-to-earth with this entire splendor around her, and she smiled sweetly at her friend, quite aware of her obvious envy of the handsome man now walking away from them. She looked at the business card he gave her and watched as he gave them a curious look as he ascended the steps. Quickly, she steered her friend up the steps with her head lowered in shame. We stick out like sore thumbs in such riches… She looked at the straight back of the man who walked into their poor bar. She noticed how even with his stiff movements he still managed to walk with such grace. She smiled brightly at the man, pleased with the thought that perhaps he wasn't as much of a grump as he seemed at first.

But still, there seems to so much weight on his shoulders, making even his graceful movements become filled with such heaviness and despair…I wonder if even wealth could solve our personal problems at hand…

"What are you smiling at?"

The raven-haired woman blinked. Placing a scowl on, she matched his scorn with her own. He glared and rolled his eyes, mumbling something or another about needing those pills. Sango frowned at the discomfort their host was creating and held Rei worriedly as she noted Kagome's distress.

"Come," he ordered. The two followed him silently towards the sitting room: Kagome quietly pondering on just how arrogant this man could be and Sango marveling at their surroundings within.

He waved carelessly once they reached their destination. "Sit. There will be drinks arriving shortly." Kagome gave a tiny "hmph" and took her seat.

"Sesshoumaru-sama!"

Their eyes widened in realization as the two women glanced at each other and then towards the head of the major business cooperation who was currently smirking at the two, amused at their denseness. It's a small marvel at how they couldn't have recognized him; but then again, these two weren't exactly that well acquainted with even the working middle class.

The occupants of the room turned their heads towards the girlish squeal, only to witness a small bundle of joy jumping into the lap of their host. Kagome's face softened to a tender motherly gaze as she watched the child hug the life out of the man's arm, marveling slightly at the girl's partial worship of the guy with her small chants of his honored name. All the while, her reaction was carefully noted by golden eyes.

Patting her dark hair, Sesshoumaru gingerly placed her in his lap. Turning once more to face his curious audience he smiled.

"You must be wondering what it is that I am offering you and exactly why you're even in this house. For you," and here he turned to stare straight at Sango with an intimidating business-like look," I can afford you a job placement working under my half-brother." He gave a small snarl at the thought of his sibling. "You are bound to find this a better job offer, though I'm not quite sure about whether you'd receive more pay than your current job. I can promise I will overlook your backgrounds as long as nothing illegal pertains to it and as long as you are suitable for the job requirements. This will all be explained later at your job interview sometime next week at my half-brother's office. You will be receiving a call from us so please leave your name and number and whatever else you might need to share later in his office." He handed her another business card, aware that Kagome has the one he gave to them previously.

"You on the other hand," he spoke to Kagome. "You won't need that business card specifically with the job I'm offering you, but of course if troubles arise you may call me directly at work." He paused and tenderly motioned the girl to stand up. "Your job, is to look after Rin, my half-brother's daughter."

Kagome's mouth hung slightly open in surprise. Given his extreme care towards the girl she expected him to be the father, either by birth or otherwise, given their physical differences in appearance. But to hear that the child was another's, and specifically his half-brother's, whom by the by she noticed was not held in high regards by the man, was a shock like no other. Seeing her surprise, Sesshoumaru smirked.

"Ah no, this lovely child is not mine to claim," he spoke wistfully, at which Rin climbed back up into his lap and laid her head gently against his chest. "But she might as well be my own since her father can't bear to look at her. You should know this if you are to accept this job, which I have no doubt you will. Her father lives here with her, but she is seldom in his presence for he is known for his temper. Other than that, he blames her for things she couldn't have been able to control." Sesshoumaru gently stroke her hair. "However, that is a story for them to tell. I've been the one to adopt Rin really and that's all you need to know. So whatever the case, if you need help with the child, come to me and not her father."

There was a silence and an amount of despair among them hanging in the air.

Holding Rei to her heart, eyes closed that could not even bear to imagine the child's pain, Sango whispered the dreaded question.

"Who's her father?"

He held her gaze for a moment and replied, "Inuyasha Tokugawa, and your soon to be employer."

Author's Note:

You know, I actually kind of like this fic better than some others I have. I have no clue why no one really reads it. -sigh- please, if you love this fic and if you love me, spread a little word? Hmm? I know I don't deserve it since I never update and all, but you know…it's what motivates me sometimes=)

[Review]