InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Adventurer Like You ❯ Layer of the Dragon (Inuyashas House) ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A small black car parked outside of a large house. Kaede and Miroku stepped out and looked over the house then to each other. Kaede handed over an item to Miroku and shut her car door. The sun was begining to go down, and night was settling in.
"What's this thing, a bat?" Miroku looked at the bat curious.
"Yes, It's a foam bat," Kaede sighed. "In body he is still your friend but his mind is not his." Kaede walked around the car over to Miroku. "He will put up a fight, and you will have to fight him until we destroy the dragon statue."
"So this happened to you before." Miroku asked. "I mean all of this, the fighting, questing, all of it."
"Yes, but we don't have time to explain, let's get in there." Kaede said as they walked into the house.
"Hello?" Inuyasha asked slowly moving around the dark house. "The light's are off, what's going on?"
"Wait there." Kaede said, pointing to a flickering orange light. "In that room, I hear someone."
They walked into the room, candles lit the area floor to ceiling. Inuyasha was smacking Kagome with the foam sword.
"Oh come on!" Kagome screamed annoyed with the foam sword smacking it away. "Get that stupid thing out of my face!"
"Hey!" Miroku yelled. "Your fight is with me!" He held up the foam bat feeling slightly embarassed.
"I know why you are here." Inuyasha smiled. "You are here to slay my dragon." He pointed to a dragon statue on a high shelf. "But you will fail." Inuyaha stepped away from Kagome and got his sword ready.
"Over here." Kaede waved Kagome over to her. "Stay over here, where it is safe."
"what the hell is going on!?" Kagome asked confused.
"I'll explain later, but for now we need to find a way to destroy that dragon." Kaede said.
"No!" Inuyasha screamed as he swung his sword torward Kaede.
"Leave them alone!" Miroku screamed, blocking the blow with his bat.
"So you're willing to risk it all for her huh, well I can't have that!" Inuyasha screamed as he swung wildly at Miroku who blocked his blows, heavy padded thud sounds fill the air. "She is mine!"
"She's your girlfriend you idiot." Miroku screamed back swinging his foam bat and thudding into Inuyashas shoulder.
"Yes submit! You know you can't win!" Inuyasha screamed more and flew with more heavy sword swings. Miroku swung back smacking Inuyasha in the face and chest.
"Stop man! This is stupid!" Miroku yelled back continuing his foam bat assault. The sound of furious thudding echoed in the room.
"Oh come on, they're just toys!" Kagome yelled and walked torward the dragon statue. Inuyasha turned and began to attack Kagome with the sword.
"No don't!" Kaede yelled out.
"Shut up!." Kagome yelled back as she pushed passed waves of soft foam sword blows. "This stupid shit ends now!" She yelled as she grabbed the dragon statue and smashed it to the floor hard. The head and a wing broke off and sprinkled powder on the floor.
"No!" Inuyasha screamed dropping his sword. "What have you done!" He continued as he dropped to his knees screaming out as if in pain. "Aahh!"
There was a long pause as everyone stared at each other confused. Inuyasha fell to the floor and lay there quitely. Kagome ran over to his side and shook him awake.
"Hey, you ok" Kagome asked woried.
"What?" Inuyasha asked looking around confused. "Yeah, I'm ok, why what's wrong?"
"You hit me with a toy sword!" Kagome screamed smaking him hard.
"Forgive him, it was'nt him who did that." Kaede spoke up.
"Who is that?" Inuyasha asked more confused.
"I'm a friend." Kaede said simply.
"So what the hell happened here?" Miroku asked throwing down his bat.
"Your friend was possesed by a mischeif demon inside that statue." Kaede paused to look at the confused faces. "It takes over people and causes general mayhem."
"And the dragon?" Miroku asked.
"The statue binded the demon with the host it needed to be destroyed to sever the link." Kaede said.
"What the hell are you talking about?" Kagome asked. "That doesn't make sense."
"It probably never will." Kaede said standing up. "I must be going, my work here is done." She made her way to the door.
"Wait you didn't really do anything at all." Kagome said.
"Didn't I." Kaede smiled. "Till next time." She turned and walked out of the house.
"Ok?" Inuyasha sat confused. "What exactly happened today?"
"You were an ass all day, and almost got me killed by a crazy golfer all because of some demon inside this stupid statue." Miroku explained. "But it's over now, finally."
"No Miroku it's not." Inuyasha said standing up. "There may be more of these statues out there."
"So." Miroku shrugged.
"We need to find them and destroy them all!" Inuyasha took a breath. "We need to stop this from happening to others. We could be heros!" Inuyasha said with a smile.
"Fuck that!" Miroku yelled, taking a few steps back. "I'm going home, eating dinner, and having sex, good bye Inuyasha." Miroku said walking out of the house.
The room became quiet as Inuyasha and Kagome sat looking at each other.
"So what's with these candles, were we doing something?" Inuyasha smiled.
"Goodnight." Kagome said walking away into another room.
"Oh ok." Inuyasha sighed. He plopped down on the couch and sat alone for a moment and tried to remember what happened today. "Hey where is my game?" He yelled into the other room and waited for an answer he never got.