InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Oswari too Far ❯ An Oswari too Far ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
An Oswari too Far
 
A/N: Just a little challenge fic. A very bored and very pregnant lady issued a challenge for her friends to write a one shot and she would identify the author by style. After it was done, I thought I would share it with you guys. Enjoy. As usual, I don't own Inuyasha.
 
 
"Inuyasha! Oswari!" Kagome screamed, relying on that word to win her argument for her.
 
His cry of "Kagome!" was cut short by the ground hitting him in the face.
 
Kagome started to storm off when she suddenly realized that something was wrong. Inuyasha was too quiet. "Inuyasha?" she called.
 
No answer.
 
"Inuyasha?" she called, turning back to face where he was lying in his crater. "Come on, Inuyasha! Stop fooling around!"
 
Still no answer.
 
Kagome became concerned and walked back to where Inuyasha lay in his crater. She reached out and touched his shoulder.
 
No response.
 
Panicking, she grabbed his shoulder and yanked. His body rolled over limply, his head lolling about loosely, his eyes staring sightlessly, life gone from them.
 
"Inuyasha!" she screamed, and sat bolt upright in bed, tears streaming down her face in reaction to the nightmare.
 
Inuyasha, who had been dozing in a sitting position next to the bed, leapt to his feet and grabbed for Tetsaiga before realizing that nothing was attacking them.
 
"Dammit, Kagome!" His tirade died on his lips as she suddenly tackled him, heaving sobs of relief.
 
"You're alive!" she sobbed, clinging to him.
 
Inuyasha put his arms around her and held her while she wept. "It's okay, Kagome." he said softly, rubbing her back to soothe her. "It was just a dream."
 
Kagome pulled away from his chest a little to look at his face, to assure her self that he was there. Her eyes fell on the kotodama around his neck and in a sudden fit of revulsion she grabbed it and yanked with all her strength. The rosary shattered, falling to the floor in pieces.
 
"Kagome!" Inuyasha shouted. "What the.."
 
Kagome went back to hugging him tightly. "That's one dream that I don't want to come true."