InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Unrevealed Secret, A Hidden Past ❯ Over Before It Begun ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Unrevealed Secret, A Hidden Past

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, I am just a crazy fangirl with nothing better to do over the summer than right fan fiction!

KEY: ` '= a person's conscience

~ ~= thoughts or italicize

* *=bold

POV= point of view (first person)

I've decided to spice up my fic by doing POVS. Cool, right? I think it might help me delve more into the story, and give the audience something fun to read. Oh and I will be writing a new story soon, once this is over. It's about Shippo! Tee hee, I couldn't resist. So if you see a Shippo story up soon, please don't hesitate to read it! Not that I'm * forcing * you! Uh…I know this is probably annoying you all, so let's get on with the story!

Chapter Four:

Over Before It Begun

It seemed like to took forever, but Raven did come back to where he lay[in the tree of course]. Inuyasha sensed her boredom. Suddenly, an idea popped up into his head. He crotched down, letting her scramble on his back. He quickly flew off in pursuit of one of his secret places. Raven could tell they were not heading back to the hut, and she was secretly glad. The old woman was kind, but she needed someone her age to be with. She suddenly blushed, realizing that that didn't come out right.

After a few minutes off whizzing by trees and bushes, they arrived at a water fall. During this time of day, the forest was shaded, but light flew from the sky and bathed the sparking water and huge boulders.

"Inuyasha, it's beautiful!"

"Feh!" he grumbled, but he was secretly happy. Raven sat down on a small boulder, and dipped her feet into the water. Soon it would be the weekend, no work for her, and that meant-her eyes gleamed with mischief-she could bother her little dog boy all day long! [lol]

"So, Inuyasha, what of your past?" she mumbled after an unbearable silence.

"That is none of your business!" he snapped. Raven was shocked, he hadn't growled at her like that for a while now. "Why do you care anyway?"

"No reason. It's just that since I can't remember mines…"

"You have amnesia?" he asked.

"Yeah, didn't Kaede tell you?"

"She failed to mention it." He seemed slightly offended, and jumped up in a nearby tree. "But it must be good, not having to remember, pain…" He had no idea why he was being so open, he had never been open to ~anyone~ for a long time, not even the old hag. There was something about Raven that made him feel…good… It wasn't explainable.

"Please Inuyasha, talking will help ease the pain." He glanced down at her big brown eyes. They were so warm, and soft. Even if she could remember her past, he doubted it would be bad.

"Feh!"

"Is that ~all~ you can say?"

"Keh!" Raven giggled and rolled her eyes. He liked her better when she was happy. Inuyasha felt himself somehow linked to her emotions. When she was happy, he was happy, when she was sad, he was sad…

Right now he could sense the that she was upset by her scent. Inuyasha sighed.

"I was…alone, for a long time." He glared at her, mad because she made him feel so guilty.

"Awww…" she sighed. "What about your parents?"

"Dead," he muttered, turning on his side, looking away from Raven.

"What…what did you do all that time…alone?" she asked. Inuyasha hated for anyone to pity him, it was so damn annoying! He growled lightly from his perch, searching for something to look at. A leaf. Interesting, right? His golden orbs followed it as it swayed in a dance caused by the wind.

"I just…you know…lived. It's not that bad!" he snarled after a while, making Raven jump. "Dammit! You don't have to feel sorry for me wench!" She bit her lip and looked at her feet, obviously she was annoying him.

"C-can you take me home now?" Raven asked, feeling that she may have pushed Inuyasha to far, and that's the ~last~ thing she had intended to do.

Grumbling to himself, Inuyasha leaped down from his branch that he was oh-so-comfortable in and bent down so she could climb aboard. Once again she was whisked through the woods, tears forming in her eyes from the whipping wind, everything a green-brown blur. He dumped her off at Kaede's hut and disappeared without a word.

Raven went inside, her head teeming with questions, her heart a confused mass. Somehow she felt connected with Inuyasha, and she felt bad she had forced herself on him. Sighing again, she bid Kaede good night and settled down for an early nap.

* * *

~*~*~*~*~INU POV~*~*~*~*~

"Stupid wench!" I growl as I go back to my waterfall. Her scent still lingers there. "She's mad at me, I know it!" I press my back against the tree, watching another leaf swirl around in the wind. `But why should you care?' comes an annoying voice in my head. `It's not like you like her or anything!'

"Of course I don't like her!" I yell out loud, startling a flock of birds out of the trees. "She's just some stupid human." `Then why are you worried if she's mad at you?'

"I'm not worried if that girl hates me or not!" I mutter, growing angry as I feel heat burn around my cheeks. `Then why are you blushing?'

"I'M NOT!" I grumble. ~But why does Raven make me feel this way? She makes me feel happy but makes me upset when she's mad at me. I want to be by her side all of the time and protect her. It's not like I care if she gets hurt, she's only company, nothing more!~

~*~*~*~*RAVE POV*~*~*~*~

~I shouldn't have pushed him so much! Now he's probably mad at me! I only want to be his friend, and I think…I kinda…almost… * like * him! Isn't that the weirdest thing? An arrogant, obnoxious, rude, half demon! I think I've gone crazy! Plus, it's not like he likes me any. I'm just a little weakling!~

I turn over in my sleep. Why can't I get Inuyasha outta my mind! When I close my eyes, he's there, when I open my eyes, he's here! What's he doing to me? I'm so confused!

Deciding that I can't sleep, I get up, and walk out of the hut. I'll find Inuyasha and apologize. I just can't stand him being mad at me. But why do I care in the first place? `Because you like him!' It's not like he'll return my feelings, so I might as well give up! I'll settle for friends. That should be good enough. Maybe I'll like someone else soon, like a village boy or Miroku. Nah! Miroku seems a bit too…perverted for my taste, and I really don't know many of the village boys personally. Sighing, I find him up in a tree, mumbling incoherent things.

"Inuyasha!" I call up, putting on my best smile, stamping out all of those thoughts.

"What do ~you~ want?" he snaps down at me. I knew it!

"I just wanted to apologize for earlier!" I say, reminding myself that in a few days, I'll ask him some more questions. I know that's probably mean and selfish, but to be friends, I think you have to be open.

"You should be sorry!" he grumbles. Why won't he look at me? I'm not that ugly am I? Or maybe he's still mad!

"Why won't you come down? I said I'm sorry! Are you still mad?" I ask, praying to God that he's not.

"Maybe," was his smart answer. I start to pout. Why should I get all emotionally disoriented because he's just being an bigheaded jerk?

"You know, you could be a little nicer!" I snap, crossing my arms over my chest. "I know I am!" He gives a little "humph" and still doesn't turn to face me. I can't help it. Tears start to well up in my eyes. The nerve of him! I know I'm a big cry baby and I shouldn't break down cause of Inuyasha, but I can't help it. My feelings are hurt.

"Hey, stop crying!" he whirls around and I gasp, noticing how red his face is. ~Why?~ I wonder. Inuyasha pops from his tree, and now is right in front of me. I look up at him. He is so close, our bodies are almost touching. I stare up into those eyes I fell in love with and my tears wane just a little. His face is turning even redder if possible, and I know I'm blushing, too. Why is he doing this to me? My legs feel like jelly, and I am sure that if I fall, he will catch me.

"I'm sorry," I sniff. My head can fit just under his chin and I want to hold him close, I feel so protected when he's around. I can't even begin to describe it. But then my heart aches, because I know he will never return my feelings. Tears start running freely again.

~*~*~*~*INU POV*~*~*~*~

Why is she still crying? I'm mad cause I can't stop blushing and she is making me feel really weird. I can hear heart pound furiously in her chest and I can feel her eyes locked on mines. Sometimes, like now for instance, I just want to hold her close to me and promise to protect her. But I know I can't. How could I have fallen for her so fast? We've only known each other for a little while, but it seems like forever to me.

Gaining control of myself, I turn abruptly from her.

"Why do you cry so much girl?" I snort, hoping that she doesn't continue wailing. Why is she anyway? Is it because of me? Nay. Of course not. How could I, a worthless hanyou, make her cry?

"Because you're so mean!" she yells, her face is now red because of anger.

"Shuddup!" I growl, narrowing my eyes.

"FINE IF YOU WANT TO BE THAT WAY, I'M LEAVING!" she screeches, and stomps off. Any hope I had of getting even friendlier with her vanishes, not like I really had a chance anyway.

"THEN GO!" I retort. "IT'S NOT LIKE I GIVE A DAMN!" I make sure that she knows the fight isn't over.

~*~*~*~*RAVE POV*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha is such a jerk! Why is he making me so upset? We had such a nice moment there, our faces almost touching, and he had to ruin it! Not like we could have had a relationship anyway. He's a powerful mighty ~hanyou~ and I'm just a worthless girl who always gets into trouble. Why does he always waste his time with me if I'm so useless? No matter how much I try and fight back my tears, it doesn't work. I like him so much it hurts, and I don't even understand how it happened! It's not like we have anything in common. He hates opening up to me. He's so moody. He thinks I'm ugly and horrible. More tears gush from my eyes as I trod to the hut. I don't care if a giant bear demons comes and rips me to shreds. I feel hollow and empty inside. It's like our relationship was over before it even begun.

* * *

I stayed in the hut for a long time. Miroku came by, and asked why I wasn't at work. I laid my head on his shoulder and talked forever, and he listened, being the good friend that he is. I didn't care that he tried to feel me up or anything, he was there, and listened to my problems. No matter how much I tried to get off of the subject, my mind always wandered back to Inuyasha. Where was he? Did he miss me at all? Was he happy that I wasn't there? Probably. I'll never get in his way again. He'll never have to worry about having to save my butt or answer my dumb questions or snap at me over and over. Why didn't I get the message before? He doesn't like to be bothered.

* * *

It's dark out side. Miroku has been long since gone. Kaede is in the village, tending some sick people. I'm all alone in the tiny, dark hut, and that's probably what I deserve. I wonder if in my past that I was a great ruler, and people actually cared about me. No, that couldn't be it. Then why would I have turned up injured on these islands? I was probably just some lowly beggar who tried to run away and find a good life, and where did I wind up? Unhappy and alone. How could one guy do that to me? He made my life turn upside down. I had been happy, before I attempted to barge into his life. I had a home, a job, friends… One guy ruined all that. How. How? How? !!!!!!!!!!!!!

He hadn't exactly said that he hated me, but I think he did anyway. Then again I may be blowing stuff out of proportion, but something tells me I'm not. Sniffling slightly, I curl up into a ball and wrap myself in some covers. I just then realize how pitiful I actually am.

~*Pretty angsty chapter, right? I'm just waiting for the flames. I know it's gonna happen. Did I over dramatize it? * closes eyes and waits * Please don't hate me for this chapter. If I get enough flames, I'll rewrite it, but if I get enough approvals, I keep it the same(duh!) Three more characters are gonna appear in the next chapter! Guess who! Well, I still want some reviews. Constructive criticism and if you think my story warrants it, flames. [da da duuuuum!]*~