InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anniversary ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Inuyasha sat high in a tree, watching the morning sun rise to the early afternoon hour. It was already warm and was threatening to be a very hot day and being out in the sun instead of the shelter of the trees, he was feeling it. He had already removed his hoari and pulled at his under kimono until it hung open from the waist up. He was still hot but not uncomfortably so.

It was hard to believe that so much time had passed. Inuyasha didn't even know where the months had gone, not that he really paid attention but it had already been a year since his and Kagome's wedding. It had been a good year too. It may have been uneventful but sometimes those were the best kind. True, there were times he and Kagome fought but that's what made life with her interesting. Sometimes he would purposely make her mad just to see the fire in her eyes or smell the spice in her scent that grew with her temper and always heated his blood. Some of the best sex they had been after a fight.

Inuyasha sighed and rested his head against the trunk of the tree. Unfortunately, it had been one of their gentler moments that had gotten him into this mess.

It was his human night and old habits died hard. Despite the safety the clearing provided, Inuyasha still refused to sleep on his human night. He had been bathing in the lake, mostly to waste time than to get clean, and Kagome had come down to join him. If he had known he would have warned her but he couldn't smell anything and hadn't realized the risk they had taken until the next morning. Kagome had gone into heat that night. He kept his mouth shut incase he was wrong but a week ago, exactly a week from that night; Inuyasha detected the slight change in Kagome's scent. He hadn't told her then out of fear and the fact that something might go wrong but the scent only got stronger with the passing days and now there was no denying that it was there to stay. The knowledge both scared him half to death and excited him to the point of shaking. Kagome was pregnant. He was going to be a farther and he still hadn't told her.

She would notice soon. Her monthly cycle was already a few days late and though she wouldn't think anything of it since it was still too early, he knew she would notice soon and she would be pissed that he hadn't told her. But how was he going to tell her?

Kagome had told him that she wanted to wait to have children but that had been a year ago. Maybe she was ready to have children now but they hadn't even talked about it. What if she still wasn't ready? Hell, he didn't even know if he was ready. Still a year had been a long time and he wanted pups of his own. True, he loved Shippo as his own son but he still wanted to experience what it was like to feel his own pup growing inside his mate and feel what it was like to hold them when they were so weak and helpless. He wanted to be left as powerless as Miroku had been when he had seen his daughter for the first time.

But how was he going to tell Kagome and how was she going to take it?

Inuyasha ear twitched in the direction of the cabin and he heard Kagome's soft humming. She was finally up. She had slept in unusually late but that was no surprise considering what they had done last night. Inuyasha smirked and for a moment he forgot about his problems. It was a good thing they had sent Shippo to stay with Miroku and Sango until tomorrow or they would have had to answer some embarrassing questions. The kit didn't put up any fuss since he always wanted to spend time with Miroku and Sango's daughter Kameko.

She would be heading to the water to bath and to escape from the heat. She would be naked, trapped by boulders, and too relaxed from the water to get really mad at him. He guessed this was as good as a time as any.

Inuyasha slowly stood but hesitated from going to the pond and scolded himself for it. He had battled youkai, killed Naraku and faced death on more than one occasion and he was afraid to tell his mate she was pregnant with his pup. Well, considering she might be angered at the fact and that he still wore the rosary he figured he had a right to be scared. She may have not have used the spell in over a year but he could still feel his body slam into the ground. It was not something he wanted to feel again. Inuyasha sighed. He would have to risk it for if Kagome would be mad when he told her, she would be pissed if he didn't.

Gritting his teeth, Inuyasha took off toward his home.

He made it there in almost record time considering he was dreading every step and he quickly spotted Kagome in the pond near the waterfall, washing her hair.

Inuyasha stopped on the bank and stared. He couldn't help it. She almost looked like a dream when she bathed. The way the water glimmered off her skin and how her face was in such a relaxed peaceful expression that was mixed with a lazy kind of pleasure. The way her hands danced over her body in a pattern he had memorized long ago. Watching her bath was one of Inuyasha's favorite pastimes but he preferred being beside or behind her instead of on the bank watching.

Kagome sensed him, she always seemed to, and she turned to him with a smile that she only used for him. Inuyasha had to swallow the lump in his throat at the sight of it and mentally cursed himself. He was about to tell her something that would change their lives forever and he was getting aroused. Of course, while he was thinking this, his eyes trailed down her body down her lower abdomen where her hand had paused in its bathing ritual. Even covered in soap he could still detect the pup's presence though he would miss it if he hadn't known what he was looking for.

Inuyasha quickly removed his clothes and joined Kagome in the water. The moment he reached her, she enfolded him in her embrace and rested her ear on his heart. Inuyasha quickly returned the embrace and took a deep breath of her pregnant scent mixed with the fragrance of the soap. He enjoyed it almost as much as he enjoyed her aroused scent… almost.

"Happy anniversary, Inuyasha," Kagome greeted and rose her mouth to his.

"Happy anniversary," he responded before meeting her kiss.

She wanted to take it deeper, he could tell by the way she moved against him but he couldn't afford to get distracted. Not in a moment like this. Regrettably, Inuyasha lifted his lips from her but he couldn't stop himself from nuzzling her cheek. Kagome sighed and pressed herself more fully against him.

"Kagome,"

"Yes," she raised her head and nipped his chin and Inuyasha shuddered before swallowing hard.

"There's something I have to tell you,"

"What?" she began kissing and nibbling his neck.

"Do you remember the night of the new moon?"

He felt her smile against his shoulder and gently ran her fingers across his back.

"I remember," she answered before looking up at him with that smile. "It was a beautiful night."

Inuyasha smiled at the memory but loosened his hold on her so he could cup her cheek to keep her eyes on him.

"Something happened that night?"

Confusion replaced the lust in her eyes and her brows furrowed. She looked more like a little girl than a woman when she did that. Inuyasha often found it cute but now he it only made him feel more guilty.

"What?"

Inuyasha opened his mouth to tell her but the words caught in his throat. Days of practicing and gaining his courage and when the moment comes, he chokes. Some great youkai he was. Kagome was still staring at him in that innocent curious way of hers. He had to tell her but the words wouldn't come, so he did the only thing he could think of. He trailed his hand down from her cheek to her stomach, right over her womb. He pressed his hand firmly but gently there, hoping she would understand.

Her eyes darkened in confusion but realization quickly filled him and her eyes widened in surprised. She let go of him then and he feared that she would pull away from him but she only pressed both hands to her stomach, right over his hands.

"I'm pregnant?"

Inuyasha nodded.

"From my human night." He explained. "You went into heat then and I didn't know. I'm sorry, Kagome."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

She's not angry, Inuyasha thought as he took a deep breath. She was surprised but far from angry but he could hear her heart beating getting faster. She was excited. Relaxing a bit, Inuyasha pulled her in his arms and held her tightly.

"I was afraid you'd be angry. You told me you wanted to wait and I didn't know how to tell you."

"I said I wanted to wait a year a go." Kagome stated and pulled back so she could look him in the eye. "I never said I didn't want one and I'm shocked and maybe a little scared but Inuyasha," Kagome smiled and cupped his cheek in her hand, "this is our baby. We made it and thought I wasn't expecting it, I couldn't want it more."

All the tension from two weeks of fear and frustration left him at once and Inuyasha suddenly felt weak in her arms.

"Your not angry?"

Kagome's smile got bigger and she shook her head.

Inuyasha smiled in return but it was more feral than Kagome's.

"Then where were we?" Inuyasha growled then he grabbed her by the back of the thighs and lifted her against him.

Kagome gasped in surprise but instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist as he mouth came down in a demanding kiss. She returned it equally as he stepped back to a boulder hidden deeper in the water. He sat in it when Kagome in his lap and caused Kagome gasped when she felt his arousal between her legs.

"We weren't this far," she gasped when Inuyasha grabbed her waist.

"I'll make it up to you later," he promised and lowered her onto him.

Kagome cried out at the feel of his shaft penetrating her, stretching her to her limits. She wasn't that wet or aroused but the water had prepared her flesh and she took him painlessly. Besides, he was being rather gentle despite the firmness in his hands and the hunger in his eyes. Inuyasha groaned when he was fully inside her and gently nipped her shoulder as he waited for her to set the pace. It took her a minute to overcome the shock of his penetration but she the moment she did she began to move.

The pace was slow and frustrating but Inuyasha forced his own needs aside in favor of Kagome's but it was nearly killing him, feeling her muscles around him, her arms around his neck, her breast rubbing against his chest, and her gasp and moans in his ears. He was absentmindedly thrusting into her but with Kagome being on top, she was able to control the depth and power of the thrust and it was that fact combined with the feel of him inside her that threw her over the edge.

Inuyasha gritted his teeth at the feel of her inner muscles contracting around him but he stubbornly held back his own release. They may have all day but he didn't want to end this one so soon.

Instructing her to hold on, Inuyasha stood and carefully walked to the bank where he carefully laid her down on the soft grass. He gently eased himself onto her and soothed her hair back so he could see her eyes. She smiled up at him and ran her fingers along his arms and shoulders before sinking them in his hair as he kissed her. She was all but purring into the kiss and she moaned a protest when he pulled back but he exposed her throat to him so he had better access to bestow it with nibs and kisses. Slowly, Inuyasha trailed kissed down to her chest as he slid out of her.

"Inuyasha?"

"Shh."

Kagome was confused. It was not uncommon for Inuyasha to hold back his release in favor of an even more powerful climax but he had never removed himself from her in doing so. And she wanted to protest. She missed having him inside her but she couldn't get the words pass the moan when he pulled a nipple into his mouth.

Inuyasha smirked when Kagome began withering beneath him. Her breast had always been amazingly sensitive and he wondered what he would be able to do to her further along in her pregnancy. After giving both her breast equal treatment, Inuyasha began trailing kisses down her torso. He paused at the womb and framed it with his hands before placing a lingering kiss on it before continuing.

Kagome's body stiffened in anticipation and she was already moaning when he spread her legs but she couldn't stop the cry from escaping when Inuyasha ran his tongue along her slit. Inuyasha groaned at the taste and smell and pressed his mouth more firmly to her as his tongue probed her.

Kagome arched against him, forcing Inuyasha to control the movement with his hands. She was withering beneath him, crying out for him and she screamed when he began suckling on her clit. Kagome buried her hands in his hair and pulled wanting him to fill her so she could find release but Inuyasha ignored her hands and pleas and he pushed a finger deep inside her. Lights exploded behind her eyes as she was thrown into an almost violent climax.

Inuyasha smirked as he stared down at Kagome lying limp on the ground completely unaware of anything around her. It always amazed him that he was able to do that to her and it filled him with a strange satisfaction that he could. She barely noticed him turning her over until she was on all fours.

She found her energy quick and held her weight as Inuyasha brushed her hair aside so he could kiss her neck. She moaned under his ministrations and braced herself as Inuyasha guided himself and entered her.

Kagome was tired. After two climaxes and a full night of lovemaking, she couldn't take much more which is why Inuyasha sought his own release as he thrust hard and fast. He was surprised when Kagome began climaxing again and he fit his chest to her back, kissing her neck and biting her shoulder as he encouraged her. It didn't take her long to find release and she took him with her. Inuyasha tightened his arms around her as filled her with his release, nearly wiping his strength but he managed to catch Kagome as she fell and carefully slid out of her.

Her breathing was deepening as she slowly fell asleep and Inuyasha smiled as he rolled her on her back. She moaned when he kissed her but kept her eyes closed as he lowered his body along hers to lay his head on her lower stomach. He couldn't hear anything yet but he knew where the pup was located and he closed his eyes in the comfort that his pup was growing stronger with each passing day.

Kagome smiled when she felt Inuyasha's fingers graze her womb and she lowered her hand to scratch his ear. She was surprised when he grabbed it but her smile got bigger when he placed it over her womb and covered it with his own. It was still a shock to her but the excitement overcame it easily. She was going to have Inuyasha's baby. She couldn't help but wonder what it would be or what it would look like. She hoped it was a boy. A little boy with dog-ears and amber eyes. It didn't matter though, as long as it was strong and healthy she didn't care what it was or what it looked like. All she cared about was that it was theirs. It was funny, she had worried about not having a gift for Inuyasha but this was probably the best gift she could give or receive. With that thought, Kagome aloud her body to relax and fell asleep.

AN: I know I haven't updated "Worthy" in a long time and I promise, I am working on it. I don't know how long it will take me to get the next chapter up but I will get it up…eventually. In fact, the only reason I got this one up was because the power went off during the earthquake and I spent all my time writing this until the power came back. Talk about scary and exciting at the same time. I've lived in California all my life and have never felt an earthquake. I knew I would eventually since I live right next to both faults but I never thought I'd feel one this big. Damn, and I was on the road when it happened. Unfortunately the quake destroyed by favorite building and my favorite little restaurant and killed two people, and so close to Christmas, too. I know it my sound selfish but I'm glad that neither of the deaths was my friend who worked in one of the buildings and that all my friends and family are alright, especially my grandparents who are in the center of the aftershocks. I hope that everyone who lives in the area is all right and their property hasn't been badly damaged and my sympathy goes to the families of the two women who died.