InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Another Day ❯ watch ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

________Watch____________________

She clung to Miroku's arm. She couldn't deny she was scared, away from her safe little cage. The big wide world was scary when she wasn't supposed to be in it.

Miroku wasn't complaining about the close proximity. He was a pervert, but he was being so nice, she didn't know how to go about doing anything. Every person was an officer, every camera was looking right at her and her skirt and no doubt some program was hooked up to it to identify uniforms to report to truant officers.

Miroku finally noticed her discomfort. "Don't worry, I'm here. I'll just say you're some baby-faced college kid. Or my cousin from overseas. How good's your English?" He smiled. She giggled.

They had walked from the park to the subway. From the subway they were now walking to the theater. He said he'd take her to the movies.

The movies…

"Oh, Miroku, I don't have any money. I left some in my locker so I didn't think to bring any."

"Don't worry. Kids need to watch what their pocket money." He kissed her cheek to say he was just joking.

Kagome blushed. She held her hand nest to the spot where he kissed her. It hadn't been a long kiss. It was so…short, so casual. But his lips had been, nice. She was redder. Thinking about his lips on her cheek, she was so pathetic. He laughed. "You're so cute."

She flushed an even darker shade. "Mi-Miroku…." He thought she was cute? But, she wasn't like the other girls…the ones who giggled a lot, had the bubbly personality that guys loved. She was so plain.

"What movie do you want to see?"

"I don't know. You choose." She said, a little less red now.

:"Oh, you don't want that. I'll choose something outlandishly perverted just to see to you blush."

"No, no, no! Fine, I'll pick something." What sort of movie would he like? He was a guy, so it couldn't be a chick flick, nothing mushy, no romantic comedies, comedy though…something funny, what type of stuff was he into though? Immature fart jokes, sophisticated humor, what? what would her little brother want to see? No, he'd want to see some sort of power rangers thing…

"What are you thinking about?"

"Me? Oh, just what movies are out…"

"We're getting close to the theater, see, there it is. You don't have to think this far in advance."

"I know, I just, um…"

"Don't worry, I won't let the bad guys get you."

He was making fun of her, no teasing her, she should be a good sport about it. Maybe tease back?

"I was thinking about what you said. I'm in the mood for something outlandishly perverted, something with tentacles."

He grinned, "Those things are so cliché, I was thinking about that one that just came out, Junior high school girl ends up on top of a young college hopeful…"

She giggled. Was this what dating was like? She understood it now, why girls were always asking guys out, not because they were really all that interested in them, just for fun times like these.

He grabbed her butt.

She slapped him this time.

She laughed and snuggled up against him again.

___________________________

It won't always be like this, Miroku thought to himself. The aura in the girl had grown stronger over the weekend. The atmosphere around her felt, electrified, energy was floating around her, and he couldn't really describe it. Despite everything he had picked up over the years…nothing.

He really needed to know why Kikyo broke up with Inu Yasha. Fast. If this girl's energy kept increasing like this, then she'd be just like Kikyo, and he needed to know what that meant.

He was showing her a good time, which sated his male ego for awhile, having a cute girl cling to him instead of just slapping him (she had done that, but it was playful, and her butt was so firm…) was a nice change.

But that last conversation, how serious had she been? To do a complete 180, paranoid then frivolous, just a little more confidence, he guessed, something that girl needed a lot of.

__________________________

"It took an hour to write, I thought it'd take an hour to read."

Sorry for the delay, and the content, I assure you this isn't a Ka/Mi fic. Those reading the fic better thank ChUNky LuVeR for the update. And here I didn't think anyone cared…