InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Gain & Loss ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

++Chapter 1++
++Gain & Loss++
 
Kagome had been waiting for nine, long months for this one moment. She looked up, trying to keep the pained look from her eyes. Her attention was redirected by a small pressure on her hand. She looked down and saw a clawed hand holding hers, belonging to her mate, her Inuyasha.
 
“Are you okay?” Inuyasha asked in a hushed tone, he was so worried about her.
 
After their big battle with the evil Hanyou, Naraku, Inuyasha and Kagome had finally started a relationship. Already a year after Naraku's death, they were ready for the next step,
 
“I…” Was all she could say as another wave of pain hit her, she gasped as her abdomen felt….empty? She looked up and saw it, her happiness all wrapped up in a towel. Kagome looked up at Inuyasha and was surprised to see a tear run down his cheek.
 
Kagome raised her hand and wiped it off. Inuyasha looked down and smiled at her as he rubbed her cheek and kissed her forehead.
 
“It's done.” She stated. Inuyasha nodded as Kagome let her head fall to the pillow that had been placed behind her. A young man walked up and handed Inuyasha the small, clothed bundle. Kagome's heart warmed as she saw Inuyasha smile at the squirming creature that now lay in his arms.
 
“She looks just like her Mother.” He stated as he handed their first child to her. Kagome's mind replayed all of the past nine months; nine long, hard months. They were hard and painful, from morning sickness to just not being able to see her feet after six or seven months. Kagome loved every moment of it, Inuyasha and her family had helped her through it all.
 
She looked down at her new baby girl and sighed. She didn't look a thing like her; she was her father's child through and through. From her hanyou features, to her little golden eyes, she was a miniature Inuyasha.
 
“Well, what's this little angel's name going to be?” Kagome asked, not taking her eyes of her little baby girl.
 
“Me? Why do I have to choose her name?” Inuyasha stuttered.
 
“Don't tell me you forgot, we decided that if it was a girl, you'd choose the name, and if the baby was a boy, I would choose the name.” She explained.
 
Inuyasha raised his head as he began to stare at the ceiling tiles. Kagome could have sworn she saw a light bulb go off as Inuyasha's face lightened up and his eyes met hers.
 
“Her name will be….Kyasha.” Inuyasha stated, sounding proud and happy.
 
“`Dainty'….that's perfect.” Kagome smiled at him and lowered her eyes down to her baby girl. “Do you like it?”
 
The child just giggled in agreement and grabbed her mother's shirt.
 
“She's hungry.” Inuyasha said as they both giggled. Kagome pulled the paper dress lower as Kyasha rushed to her food. Kagome smiled and gasped as she felt Inuyasha's hand on hers.
 
“You should get some rest; that took a lot out of you.” Inuyasha explained.
 
“Okay, but...can you stay until I fall asleep?” She asked. Inuyasha smiled and gave her a quick, but still passionate kiss on the lips. Kagome's eyes grew heavier as she silently accepted exhaustion.
 
88888888888888888
 
It had been four days since Kagome, Inuyasha, and their new addition to the family, Kyasha, had come home from the hospital. Inuyasha was now perched up in his tree and Kagome was inside helping her mother as best she could as they packed up her stuff to go back to the Feudal era.
 
Kagome had decided that she wanted to join Inuyasha in his time; she felt that it could feel more like home if she added a few things of hers to their new hut. The Hut was left for them after Kaeda, the former Priestess of the village and a dear friend, had past away about a year or so ago.
 
`Four years since I met him.' She thought as a small smile crept up her face. Now nineteen years old, Kagome felt one hundred percent ready to move out on her own, even though she was rarely ever home anyway, it felt a lot different to be packing up a few suitcases instead of her huge, yellow back pack she used to lug around with Inuyasha and the gang on their adventure to gather the shards.
 
`Things have sure changed….it's been a year or two since Naraku was killed, Inuyasha and I are now an item, Miroku and Sango are living happily ever after in Sango's old village.' Kagome thought. Yeah, the gang kind of went their separate ways. Shortly after Naraku's defeat, Miroku proposed to Sango and they married shortly after that. It was a beautiful wedding, but, in Kagome's opinion, not as beautiful as hers and Inuyasha's. After Miroku and Sango's wedding they moved back to Sango's village, they came by once and awhile after that, but they hadn't really spent all that much time together. Shippou ended up leaving the gang and started his own life, popping in and out every so often to say hello to his `family' and the villagers. Inuyasha and Kagome were planning on going to visit their old friends and show them their new child, Kyasha.
 
As Kagome wandered through her thoughts of the past few years Inuyasha came walking in, not even acknowledging her, he went and grabbed Kyasha off the bed. He then, turned around and mumbled what sounded like `Kyasha...tree' and was out the door before Kagome even returned to reality.
 
Kagome shook her head and zipped up her last suitcase. Just as she finished, her mother walked in to her room.
 
“Oh, Kagome?” Mrs. Higurashi asked. “Inuyasha wanted me to get you; he wants to leave now….he sounded a bit anxious to get going.” She started to giggle as she remembered walking into him as he made his way downstairs and around the corner with her grandchild in his arms.
 
“Okay, I guess, this is good bye…for now I mean.” Kagome said as her and her mother shared a long hug and kiss. Hrs. Higurashi started to cry.
 
“Oh, my little girl is all grown up; it makes me feel so old.” She said as the both let out a grin. As they were getting all emotional, a pouting Hanyou jumped into Kagome's window.
 
“Would you two women stop your blubbering; Kyasha and I are getting headaches.” He demanded.
 
“Bye Mama, we'll be back soon.” She said as she hugged her mother again and headed to her window where Inuyasha grabbed a hold of her and jumped off the roof and headed to the well.
 
“I love you!” Kagome heard her mother call out as they ran inside the well house. Inuyasha paused and let Kagome and their daughter down. Kagome smiled, it seemed Kyasha loved running with her father, since she was giggling to her hearts content.
 
“Are you ready?” Inuyasha asked as he picked up her suitcases that he lay by the well earlier. “Man, did you have to bring so much stuff?”
 
Kagome sent him a glare to shut him up then looked into the well. She took a deep breath and nodded to Inuyasha to say she was ready. Kagome squeezed Kyasha tighter and they both jumped into the well as the pink-glow engulfed them.
 
88888888888888888
 
They softly landed on the other side of the well, the smell of the forest and the calm breeze made Inuyasha sigh in content. He grabbed Kagome and hopped out of the well, ignoring the heavy, black suitcases for a second. The feeling of contentment, however, was covered up by a smell of fear and shock. He looked over at his mate and saw her staring at her arms in shock. It took him only a matter of seconds to realize that their daughter hadn't come through the well with them.
 
Kagome's gaze caught Inuyasha's and her eyes filled with tears, she knew that that meant, Kyasha, their pride and joy, couldn't get through the well to the past.
 
“I'll go back for her, wait here.” Kagome stated as she jumped back through the well and the pink glow engulfed her once again. Inuyasha stood there, hoping that his baby girl could make it through to him. But that thought was destroyed as he saw Kagome come back through the well screaming at Inuyasha to get down there.
 
He hopped down and they both went through the time slip again. They landed in Kagome's time, and Inuyasha looked at Kagome for an answer or an explanation.
 
“She's not here, we left her here when we past through….but she's not here!” She screamed. Inuyasha's rage blew to the top; he hopped out and tried to catch his daughter's scent. His eyes stopped at the stairs of the shrine that led to the streets below, but nothing was there. Inuyasha shook his head and ran into the Higurashi house to look for his missing daughter.
 
Not knowing it, but Inuyasha didn't realize or see a small black figure walking down the stairs, with their daughter in his hands.
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters, anime of manga. Rumiko Takahashi does and I'm glad she had the imagination to create such amazing characters to play with.