InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Prey and predator ( Chapter 25 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Last episode: “Okay, but that doesn't explain why the moth youkai attacked, wanting Daitan.” Inuyasha grumbled. They were getting nowhere.
 
“I'll tell you…” Came a voice from the forest, everyone looked for the figure. It wasn't a youkai, seeing is how Inuyasha didn't pick up on its youki…but what was it? Or who was it?
 
 
++Chapter 24++
++Prey and Predator++
 
“Ki…Kikyou?” Inuyasha whispered as the woman walked out, revealing herself to the group. “What the hell are you doing here?”
 
“I have come to explain why these youkai are after your children.” Kikyou said calmly.
 
“There after Kyasha also?” Miroku asked.
 
“Yes, and if you don't do something, then everything will be lost.” Kikyou whispered.
 
“Just tell us and get it over with.” Inuyasha growled. He never felt comfortable around the miko ever since he had mated with Kagome. They never saw each other since, what changed now? “What do you care if the world dies, you already are?”
 
“I don't, but I have other purposes for helping you,” Kikyou glanced at Kyasha. “Do you want to hear or would you rather I go back to hell?”
 
“Let her talk Inuyasha, it could be the life or death of Kagome.” Sango yelled. Inuyasha shut up and sat down by the camp.
 
“Why are the youkai after Kyasha and Daitan? Kagome was kidnapped; does that have anything to do with this?” Miroku asked, still keeping his guard up in case of a sudden attack by the dead miko.
 
“Its part of a prophecy…it'll all bring the world's demise on the night of the full moon…” Kikyou mumbled.
 
“What will?” Kyasha asked in a harsh tone. “Tell us.”
 
“Prophecy says that on the night of the full moon, total chaos will come when two hanyou sacrifices are made.” Everyone gasped.
 
“Two hanyou sacrifices?” Miroku asked.
 
“Yes, the youkai are after Kyasha and Daitan's blood, not their physical bodies. There blood will sacrificed. The blood will be mixed and used in a body, when this occurs a youkai far much greater then even Naraku will resurface.” Kikyou said.
 
“Who's the body sacrifice?” Right when the question was asked, all heads turned. “Kagome.” They answered.
 
“Where are they?” Inuyasha demanded.
 
“I do not know everything…” Kikyou stated with a small smile as her form slowly vanished.
 
“No, you have to tell us where she is!” Inuyasha cried out.
 
“Inuyasha, she has left us to go to hell once more…” Miroku stated.
 
“So…that's why they're after Daitan, they already have my hanyou blood…does that mean Mama is already being prepared for the sacrifice?”
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“The full moon, it's only in a couple weeks.” Kyasha grumbled, her father could be really dense sometimes.
 
“We have to find her, Daitan…you have to get to the well, and if you can then they'll never be able to get your blood.” Sango stated.
 
“No, he can't, we…we could use him for bate. It's a risky plan, but we have to, there's no other way we can get to Mama, there is no scent, and I know that without a hanyou nose…” Everyone was silent. “I know it's risky, and Daitan might get hurt…” She looked down at her brother. “Are you brave enough to do this, if you don't want to, we'll bring back to the well and you can stay with Grandma?”
 
He shook his head, his eyes were stiff. Looking straight back into his sister's eyes.
 
“I'll do it; if it gets Mama back then I'll do it.”
 
“No, Kyasha…he's just a kid, he can't.” Sango said.
 
“No he isn't, he may only be nine in a few months but he is my brother, and he can do this…he just has to stand there and look busy while we watch from a far distance and then follow them and there we'll find Mama.” Kyasha explained.
 
“I guess…if we can't find any other plan then I guess we'll have to use that one.” Miroku concluded.
 
“No way, Daitan can't do it, he's too young.” Inuyasha yelled.
 
“Papa…” Daitan whispered. Inuyasha glanced at his son, coming close to crying. “I can do this…you always told me to fight for your friends and now I get my chance, I want to do this, I won't get hurt, and I'm a hanyou…”
 
Everyone stared at the boy that uses to be so shy and cowardly, change before their eyes.
 
“Daitan, you can do it.” Kyasha smiled. Daitan smiled back and looked back to his father.
 
“Okay…but if you get hurt, you are in big trouble when we get back through the well.” Daitan giggled and gave his father a hug.
 
“Okay, let's get this show on the road.” Kyasha stated.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Ready?” Kyasha asked Daitan. He nodded, holding onto her hand. She sighed softly. He had put such a huge act on and made everyone think that he could do this by himself, but as soon as he stood out in the field alone, he screamed out and his brave façade fell.
 
`Well, he wants someone out there with him, but if we do that, then the moth youkai will be less willing to attack…' Miroku said as him, Sango, and Inuyasha watched Kyasha play with the kids. An idea clicked.
 
`How about Kyasha? The moth youkai already went after her, maybe they'll still go for her?' Sango asked.
 
`Sango my love, you are smart as you are beautiful.' Miroku smiled. Sango blushed but they agreed, Kyasha would be the best to stand out there with Daitan.
 
Kyasha was a little frustrated that she had to stand out in the middle of a field and wait till some stupid youkai came for her little brother.
 
“Kyasha…are you scared?” Kyasha shook her head and looked down at the young boy beside her. She smiled.
 
“Fear isn't something you should show, especially when you and me have to show everyone how to be good `bate'. You and I can do it, we're strong, right?” She encouraged, and it seemed to work.
 
“Right.” Daitan gulped, Kyasha sighed.
 
“What are you so afraid of?” Kyasha asked.
 
“Well, you're a human…you can't fight.” Kyasha frowned.
 
“Daitan, sometimes you need to rely on your own abilities…you're pretty strong for your age, look, you killed a moth youkai, and I don't know too many nine year olds who can do that do you?” Daitan shook his head. “Yeah, so you cut yourself some slack, you're strong just in your own way.”
 
“Thanks Sis'.” Daitan whispered. There was a loud cry that pulled there attention towards the sky. The next thing he knew, a strange smell hit his nose. “What's that smell?”
 
“Daitan, cover you nose, its poison!” Kyasha cried.
 
“What about you?”
 
“I'm human,” She pointed to her nose. “I can't smell a damn thing.” Kyasha giggled for his sake.
 
“So, you've both came…good.” The youkai said.
 
`Both?' Kyasha thought.
 
“Grab the girl…I'll handle the hanyou child.” He called out. Next thing they knew, Kyasha was grabbed by her back and was pulling her up into the air, leaving poor Daitan to fend for himself.
 
“Daitan!” Kyasha screamed.
 
`Where are they?' She thought as she glanced at the forest where her family and friends were supposed to be.
 
“Don't expect them to come; they're a little bit busy at the moment.” The youkai laughed. Kyasha, confused, looked up to see them in the arms of more moth youkai.
 
“Let them go, you want my brother…”
 
“Not just him, but you as well…you see it seems we left something behind. We still need a sacrifice.” The youkai stated.
 
“I thought you were using my mother for that?” Kyasha screamed, she didn't like where this conversation was going.
 
“It's seems your mother is a miko…we can't have that, so we decided to take you instead…” The youkai laughed again. The youkai noticed her face curling into an angry glare. “Don't be that way, if you don't listen and do as we say or you'll be the cause of your family's demise.”
 
Kyasha felt a pulse down at her hip. Looking down she saw the sheath that carried Akari no Kurai, her sword; A gift from Sesshoumaru and Myouga, the one thing that controlled her youkai blood.
 
Sango had brought it when she and the kids came to them; Inuyasha was the one who made her wear the damn thing.
 
`Take this…' Inuyasha stated.
 
`A sword…?' Kyasha asked, looking at the sheath he held in his hands.
 
`It's Akari no Kurai, the sword you got at your birthday…take it.' Inuyasha was getting irritated.
 
`I can't use it…I…I can't kill anything.' Kyasha mumbled.
 
`You don't have to, it'll seal your youkai blood so it doesn't make you transform.'
 
`But I'm human, I can't transform even if I wanted to.'
 
`Just take the god damn thing…' He grumbled as he tossed the sword to her. `And protect your brother…' He whispered.
 
She realized that he was worried about them; it was understandable being that they were his children.
 
`I will…' She said back.
 
Kyasha huffed, as she lowered her hand to the blade. Her arm barely made it as she pulled it out. It was nothing but a rusty old blade.
 
“Damn…” Kyasha growled. She forgot that she still had to transform the sword, and at a moment like this it was pretty hard to think of anything good.
 
“You can't hurt us with a worthless sword, how pathetic.” The youkai called out. “Bring her back to the castle; see to it that she is prepared for the ceremony.” The youkai that carried her nodded and started to fly away.
 
“Oh no you don't!” Kyasha mumbled to herself as she pulled the sword up and cut the moth's wing, making him fall as well as Kyasha.
 
“Kyasha!” Everyone screamed.
 
Kyasha slowly stood up, but the impact knock the wind out of her, and her left arm just had to break on her. Inuyasha winced as he smelt her blood, a lot of it.
 
“Kyasha, get out of there!” He screamed. Kyasha looked up at him, and smiled. She lost it; she lost too much blood to hold herself together.
 
“She's too far gone for you to talk to her…” The youkai laughed as he watched the girl pull her sword up again.
 
“You are all going to die!” Kyasha screamed out.
 
“Ha, with that sword you couldn't cut paper.” Another youkai grabbed Daitan from behind. “Your brother will be killed after his youkai blood is taken; your mother has no purpose to give to us so she will follow, would you like anyone else to suffer.” And with a snap of his fingers a scream came. Kyasha looked up and saw Hanna being squeezed till her face was blue.
 
“Leave her alone!” Kyasha screamed. “Your fight is with me and Daitan, not my friends and family!”
 
“Oh, and a weak human such as yourself can do so much to us. I'm so scared.” He stated sarcastically. “Your brother isn't up to helping you in his present state.” Kyasha looked and saw Daitan, unconscious in a moth's hold.
 
“Let them go, now!” Just then a pulse was heard.
 
`What the…?' Kyasha's attention was brought back to the rusty sword in her hands. `Is it…calling to me?'
 
“That's that…get her!” The youkai called out. Kyasha held her breath, hoping this sword would help her save her family. Another pulse was heard and to her surprise she felt the sword get lighter.
 
Inuyasha was slowly ceasing his struggle against the moth. Looking down, his eyes widened. He saw the pulse.
 
`It's…It can't be…can it?' He asked himself. Then another pulse came…
 
“Kyasha!” Inuyasha screamed when he saw all the moth youkai that were headed for her. “Get out of there!”
 
But to his surprise, she continued to stand there, and pull her sword in front of her. Another pulse was heard, but this time it was from her whole body.
 
Kyasha took a deep breath in and pulled the sword up. She slammed it down onto one of the youkai in front of her. A bright pink light came from the sword and it blasted everywhere and blinded Kyasha as she pulled her arm up to protect her eyes from the light. She felt faint as she lost her balance and fell to the ground. Black and nothingness overcame her as she fell asleep from exhaustion.
 
88888888888888888
 
“She's coming to…hurry get some water.” A voice said. It was a little quiet, but Kyasha could tell it was the worried Sango that was sitting right next to her.
 
“Is she going to be okay?” Another worried voice asked.
 
`Miroku…' Kyasha thought. `Where am I?' Memories came of what happened, the moth youkai, tons of them. Kyasha's impact of memories hit her hard as she sat up immediately and surprised everyone around her.
 
Kyasha raised her hand and held it up to her head. She had a pounding headache and she couldn't stop her breathing to make it slow down.
 
“Kyasha, we were so worried about you.” Sango chimed.
 
“What happened back there?” Miroku asked.
 
“What happened where?” She asked.
 
“You mean you don't remember?” Miroku asked, not hiding his concern in his voice.
 
“Remember what, what aren't you telling me?” Kyasha looked around, seeing Daitan, Hanna, and Chansu sleeping. “Are they okay? It's still the middle of the day.”
 
“We just were attacked by some moth youkai after you and Daitan.” Sango informed.
 
“The moth youkai! Where are they?” Kyasha stood up, remembering what she was just doing.
 
“Kyasha sit down, they're gone…you scared them or something but they left us.” Sango stated. That did a major number on her ego level, about fifty moth youkai running away because they were scared of her.
 
“How'd I do that?”
 
“You activated your sword.” Another voice came into the conversation.
 
Everyone looked up and saw Inuyasha step out of the bushes.
 
“You're back.” Miroku chided.
 
“Keh.” He said as she sat down, Indian style, and folded his arms into his haori.
 
“What do you mean by activating the--” Kyasha let out a gasp when she dragged her hand away from her face. Getting a good look at it, she saw…claws? “What the hell…?”
 
“You're a hanyou again, somehow you called it back and unleashed an attack from Akari no Kurai.” Inuyasha simply stated. Kyasha jumped up for joy.
 
“I'm BACK!!!” She screamed.
 
“Be quiet, the kids are still tired from the battle.” Sango whispered.
 
“Sorry…” Kyasha was completely overjoyed.
 
“Okay, we need to get some information from you.” Inuyasha grumbled again, looking at the really happy Kyasha. He couldn't help but smile back at her.
 
“Okay what did you want to know?” Kyasha asked.
 
“How did you call back your youkai blood in the first place?” Miroku asked.
 
“I…I don't know...I wish I did, but I don't.” Kyasha sighed.
 
“Well, what were you thinking about when you decided to face down those moth youkai?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I…I was thinking about getting you guys out of there…they only came for me and Daitan, not you guys…I didn't want anyone to get hurt…then I felt a pulse come from Akari no Kurai and then I felt a really strong voice in my head telling me what to do…then everything turned black.” Everyone nodded.
 
“The voice you were talking to in your head was in fact, you youkai blood.” Inuyasha blurted out; earning him a look from everyone awake around the fire.
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters, anime of manga. Rumiko Takahashi does and I'm glad she had the imagination to create such amazing characters to play with.