InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Abeyant ( Chapter 27 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

++Chapter 27++
++abeyant++
 
Kyasha sat in a high tree, rewinding and playing thoughts in her mind.
 
“I'd like to do this more often, if you don't mind.”
 
This one always came up. Why did he, no, how did he do this to her? Kyasha had never been more attracted to a guy in all her life. However, as he said those words, she fell apart, not wanting him to leave, but wanted him to be as far away from her as humanly, scratch that, as a youkai can possible be.
 
`Kooketsu…' Kyasha smiled. A small movement caught her attention and she looked down to see Kagome looking around, sitting up. Kyasha hopped down and stifled a laugh when she saw her mother jump in shock.
 
“Kyasha?” Kagome's voice was raw cracking.
 
“Yeah Mama?” Then Kagome pulled Kyasha into a tight hug.
 
“I've missed you all so much…wait, you're not human, I saw you, you were human.” Kagome stuttered.
 
“I was, but I got it back…Mama, there's some things you should know, those moth youkai that kidnapped you…” Kagome nodded. “Well, they're actually after me and Daitan.” Kagome gasped.
 
“Why?” Kagome whispered.
 
“Because, a priestess…Kikyou I think,” Kyasha missed the flinch Kagome made when she said that name. “She told us about this prophecy about sacrificing two hanyou youki and reviving there youkai leader or something, so now they're after me and Daitan. There gonna suck out our souls, put them into a body and sacrifice it…” Kyasha was in near tears when she finished explaining.
 
“Oh Kyasha, we'll keep you safe…” Kagome hushed and cuddled with her daughter. “Inuyasha and everyone know right?” Kyasha nodded.
 
“Kagome?” Both girls looked over to see everyone was awake.
 
“Oh you guys, I missed you so much.” Inuyasha was holding Kagome tight.
 
Kyasha nodded to everyone and gave the couple their space as Kyasha wandered over to Sango and Miroku.
 
“How is she back?” Everyone looked at Kyasha.
 
“Well, tonight, I couldn't get to sleep. I woke up and smelt Mama. I followed the scent and found...Kooketsu.” Kyasha glanced up at her father, knowing he hated that boy, “He said he found her unconscious, then we brought her back and he left. I took care of Mama's wounds.”
 
She purposely left out the part of the young wolf youkai kissing her, but that was completely understandable, right?
 
“I'm so happy you're back!” Shippou cried out as he hopped up onto the miko's shoulder.
 
“I'm glad too…”
 
“Now what?” Everyone looked at Kyasha, “I mean, I don't want to break the happy moment…but really…what next?”
 
“She's got a point.” Miroku said calmly.
 
88888888888888888
 
`Well, this is just great…' Kyasha sighed. Maybe she shouldn't have said anything. Now, they were on the road again, headed back to the village. The only problem was that Kyasha now had to carry Daitan…and Hanna.
 
“Kyasha, where are we going again?” Daitan asked for the umpteenth time that morning.
 
“We're going home Daitan…” Kyasha grumbled, “Ow, Hanna don't touch the hair.”
 
“Sorry.” Hanna giggled lightly. This was a nightmare; Kyasha was never that great with kids, maybe older ones like Daitan and Chansu…but not Hanna. Even though Hanna was only a year younger then Daitan, it felt like hanyous aged and matured more and faster then human kids.
 
Inuyasha had taken Kagome and Sango, Miroku, and Chansu rode Kirara, the fire cat, back. Shippou had headed out, knowing Kagome was better, as well as the rest of the group.
 
“Kyasha?” Hanna asked, pulling the hanyou girl out of her thoughts and breaking the silence.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Why are those moth youkai after you and Daitan?” It was an innocent question, yes. However, Kyasha didn't exactly know the answer.
 
“I'm not one hundred percent for sure myself, but what I've heard is that they want our souls…” She trailed off and sighed when she felt Daitan wince.
 
“That's stupid…”
 
“Yup.” Kyasha smiled.
 
88888888888888888
 
“How did you get back again?” Miroku asked Kagome, a bit skeptical of her answer.
 
“Like I said, I don't know…one minute I'm stuck in a dungeon, the next some youkai is holding me and then Kyasha found me.” Kagome sighed.
 
“But Mama, I thought you know Kooketsu, or at least know that he's wolf youkai, Kouga's son.” Kyasha raised an eyebrow.
 
“Oh, well no I guess I didn't.” Kagome giggled.
 
“Okay, well I'm going to find out where those kids got to.” Kyasha smiled and walked outside to let the adults talk.
 
Just as she headed for the forest, she heard a loud and low crash, as if something huge was landing on the ground. Kyasha turned to see a moth youkai after her. She turned and ran back to the hut, this wasn't good at all.
 
“Papa!” Kyasha screamed. Inuyasha ran outside and saw the moth hot on Kyasha's tail.
 
He unsheathed Tetsuiga and held it above his head,
 
“Kyasha jump!” She looked up at him, and jumped up into the air as Inuyasha let out the wind scar.
 
“Where the hell did they come from?” He asked her as she landed beside him.
 
“I don't know, but we've gotta get Daitan!” Kyasha started running into the woods, trying to find the kids. “Hanna!”
 
She couldn't hear them, following their scent, she found them all huddled up in a tree.
 
“Kyasha!” They cried. Kyasha looked up.
 
“What are you guys doing up there?” She asked.
 
“Daitan brought us up here, the moth youkai came.” Chansu informed.
 
“Okay, hop down…Uncle Inu is on his way, we have to get out of here.” However, it was too late; one of the moths spotted Kyasha and was headed for the children. “Come on!”
 
Hanna jumped onto Kyasha's back. Inuyasha leapt out of the bushes and saw the moth youkai coming. He grabbed Chansu and Daitan and the two hanyous started to run.
 
Making it back to the hut, Kyasha dropped Hanna off with Sango as she decided to finally live out a battle with Akari no Kurai. Pulling out her sword, she was amazed at how fast it transformed. She ran off, heading for the woods.
 
“Watch the kids, Kagome….we'll be right back.” Sango stated as she ran after Kyasha. Inuyasha and Miroku headed after the two girls.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Kyasha, get out of the way!” Kyasha nodded and duck out of the way, as Sango threw her weapon, killing three moth youkai.
 
Kyasha was feeling her strength increase each time she swipe away a moth with her new sword. The feel of winning was doing amazing things for her ego at that moment.
 
“Give us the hanyou children and we'll be on our way.” A moth youkai proclaimed as it swooped down and went for Kyasha.
 
“Oh no you don't…” Inuyasha grumbled as he ran in front of Kyasha and unleashed his wind scar. “Kazu no Kizu!”
 
The bright lights of the sword were swirling around the moth youkai, killing it instantly. Kyasha stood in awe at how powerful her father was, she couldn't even imagine doing that herself.
 
“Kyasha are you okay?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Uhh yeah…” However, everyone missed the moth youkai sneaking up behind the hanyou girl. “AAWW!” She screamed as the moth youkai slashed at her back.
 
“Kyasha!” Everyone screamed.
 
“Damn it all!” Inuyasha shouted as she rushed and killed the moth while Miroku went to check on Kyasha.
 
“Kyasha?” He whispered. No response. “Inuyasha, she's out cold…”
 
“Damn.” Inuyasha mumbled. “Give her to me; I'll take her back…”
 
Miroku nodded and lifted Kyasha up onto his back, blood drenched his haori. He nodded to the monk and ran off, leaving the taijiya and monk to finish off the moths.
 
Inuyasha ran through the woods, trying to get back to the kids and Kagome. However, he was surprised to see Chansu and Hanna run up to him, tears in their eyes.
 
“Uncle Inu…it's terrible.” Chansu mumbled.
 
“What's wrong?” Inuyasha asked. “Where's Kagome and Daitan?”
 
“Kagome's inside…but Daitan's…” Hanna cried more.
 
“He's gone! The moth youkai took him!” Chansu blurted out.
 
“No…” Inuyasha's eyes widened in understanding. It was all a diversion, shit how could he be so dense. He took off running back to Sango and Miroku.
 
This was going to be hard to tell, Kyasha was injured, vulnerable for any kidnapping schemes and now Daitan was gone.
 
How could this get any worse?
 
 
 
Hi there, sorry it took so long to write this chapter; I was suffering another writer's block and could not think up anything that would make it seem rushed. If it does, please tell me!
 
~*~
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters, anime of manga. Rumiko Takahashi does and I'm glad she had the imagination to create such amazing characters to play with.