InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Reflecting ( Chapter 35 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

++Chapter 35++
++Reflecting++
 
Kyasha sat at a nearby tree as she watched Daitan, Chansu, and Hanna play in a small river. The current wasn't too bad, but enough to get the hanyou girl to have to baby-sit by her mother's command.
 
Kyasha sighed.
 
Two weeks, she thought, two weeks it's been since her victory over the moth youkai, since her soul returned and came back to her.
 
Kyasha paused as she breathed in the sweet air of Sengoku Jidai. Her new home.
 
She was worried about fitting in, falling into pattern with her new family, her new life. Her new beginning.
 
However, her life seemed to fall into place just as she did. She felt that her old life was even more not her own, if that made any sense.
 
Kyasha was so worked up in her thoughts and memories that she didn't notice a certain wolf youkai coming up from behind her.
 
“Boo!” Kyasha jumped up and was ready to attack, when she saw the laughing boy in front of her. “It's too easy!”
 
“Ha, ha, very funny.” Kyasha grumbled as she sat back down.
 
“Sorry, but it is too easy…” Kooketsu smiled and sat down beside her.
 
“So…” Kyasha twiddled her thumbs. “You're going to be heading back soon, right? You're the wolf tribe's new leader.”
 
“Yeah.” They both sighed. He had ended up staying in the village until his wounds were healed.
 
“I can't believe I'm doing this.” Kyasha huffed and laid her head back into the tree behind them.
 
“Doing what?” Kooketsu asked as he raised an eyebrow in confusion.
 
“I chose…to not take the throne of the western land, but…I can't bring myself to tell Papa.” Kyasha frowned. “I…I don't know what to do.”
 
“Just tell him, he didn't take it, right?” Kyasha nodded. “Then he'll understand why you didn't.”
 
“Okay, wait minute.” Kyasha giggled. “When did you get so smart?”
 
“Excuse me, but last time I checked I was a genius and I've been a genius all my life, thank you very much.” Kooketsu started to pout.
 
“Yeah, yeah.” Kyasha laughed. “Just think you'll soon be the wolf youkai tribe and if I did take the whole western lands I'd be Lady Kyasha now.” She giggled at the formalities.
 
“But you aren't, you're just Kyasha.”
 
“That's Lady Kyasha; now bow down to your ruler.” Kyasha stood and puffed her chest out in pride.
 
“Yeah, but you didn't take the job, now did you?” Kooketsu stood with her.
 
Kyasha noticed the serous look in the wolf's eyes and started to creep her out.
 
“Kooketsu, are you alright?” She asked.
 
“Kyasha, I need to ask you something.” Kyasha gulped at is tone.
 
“Okay, go for it.”
 
“I…are you leaving?”
 
“Why would I leave?” Kyasha asked. “This is my home…”
 
“I…I was wondering…cause well…”
 
“You can't live without me, you can't be without me. I'm the air you breathe.” Kyasha laughed as she clutched her heart and pretended to faint. “What are you trying to say here?”
 
Kooketsu sighed, Kyasha was too naïve for her own good, “Kyasha, I want you to stay here…with me.”
 
Kyasha wasn't getting it still; the wolf youkai was going to kill her later for being this hard to talk to.
 
Kooketsu decided to take the physical way in this conversation, he walked up to her, and pushed her to the tree, he grinned at her gasp when he held her still.
 
“Kyasha, I don't know why, and I don't want to know…” He began. “But ever since I met you, I can't stay away.”
 
“Kooketsu…” Kyasha breathed.
 
“I need to say this…” He barked. “I have been thinking about this and well…I…I…”
 
He couldn't finish as he felt Kyasha's lips on his. He was a bit surprised that she was initiated the kiss but wasn't about to deny that he wanted it too. Kyasha, much to the wolf youkai's disappointment, pulled away.
 
“I love you too, Kooketsu.” She said suddenly with a small smile. If it wasn't for there position and the kids behind them, Kooketsu would have fainted then and there.
 
“You…what?” He gasped.
 
“I wanted to tell you, but I didn't want to rush things.” Kyasha smiled sadly. “I don't think I'm ready, or my parents for that matter.”
 
“Kyasha.” He shut her up with another soft kiss on her lips.
 
“Yeah?” She blushed.
 
“I don't understand.”
 
“I…I just don't want to move to fast, I want to wait.” She sighed again; she was doing that an awful lot lately.
 
“Kyasha,” She looked up at him. “I'll wait…for you.”
 
Her heart leapt out and there lips touched as he pulled her to him,
 
“EWWW!” Kyasha jumped up and pushed the wolf youkai away as if he was on fire. “Kyasha, get a room!”
 
“Why Daitan, get back here, you monster!” Kyasha growled and ran after her brother.
 
Chansu and Hanna walked up to the wolf youkai and smiled,
 
“Nice work.” Chansu grinned but received a hit from his younger sister.
 
“Pervert.” Hanna glared at the boy then helped the wolf youkai up. Kyasha came walking back with her brother in tow behind her.
 
“Ready to go you guys?” Everyone yelled and started running back to the village.
 
Kyasha walked behind them all, right next to Kooketsu, grabbing his hand, she giggled when he squeezed back.
 
All the anxieties she had of fitting in with her family, friends…all had gone and left when she first came through the well, when she found her place with her new family, when she learned new things about herself,
 
When she fell in love.
 
 
 
The end.
 
If no one likes how rushed it is, please tell me, I'll get back and edit it later, I just wanted to finish it and get it over with. Expect an epilogue of some kind to arrive in the near future.
 
Thank you for all the support and reviews I've gotten.
 
~*~
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters, anime of manga. Rumiko Takahashi does and I'm glad she had the imagination to create such amazing characters to play with.