InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Appetizers? On Me! ❯ The Lecher and the Demon Slayer ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sango's eyes, her long dark hair, ahhh and I can't forget about that luscious bottom. What my hand wouldn't give to be stroking that fine…
 
“Can I join you?”
 
Miroku opened an eye and glanced up at the very woman who preoccupied his every waking thought. She stood over him, a curious look on her face. Opening his other eye he motioned to the ground next to him and laced his hands behind his head.
 
“Sorry if I'm disturbing you…” she apologized quietly but he brushed it off with a shake of his head.
 
“Not to worry my dear Sango. I was simply meditating.”
 
Catching the licentious gleam in his eye she narrowed her gaze at him before pulling her knees into her chest.
 
“Meditating huh? What exactly is it you meditate about?”
 
Miroku made a show of looking abashed while smiling inwardly to himself. My dear Sango you know me better than you realize.
 
“The wonderful scriptures of Buddha of course! What brings you here?”
 
Sango sighed and hugged her knees tighter to her chest. Why did I come here? For so long all she'd been concerned about was rescuing Kohaku from Naraku's clutches. With their nemesis gone and her brother finally safe, there was nothing left standing in her way except her own fear. As she looked at him now, reclined lazily atop the grass, she couldn't help but wonder - what if he doesn't want me anymore? It'd literally been years since he'd promised to wed her and he hadn't brought it up once since Naraku's death. Every day she waited, expecting him to say something, but he remained silent and unchanging.
 
As the silence stretched between them it grew louder and louder in her ears. He'd been there for her through her many nights of worrying over her brother, in every battle she'd fought to bring him home. It was all she'd spoken of since the day she'd met him and she silently wondered if she had anything left to say. When it came down to it, what did they talk about when she worrying over Kohaku or chastising him for being a lecher?
 
Both his eyes were open now. He discreetly watched the beautiful woman sitting next to him and the mixed emotions dancing in her eyes. What had ever made him think that he deserved someone like her? It was completely beyond his comprehension that she'd accepted his offer of marriage at all. After all of the perverted touching and scandalous flirting, he was certain there would be a day when she'd open her eyes and realize she deserved better. She certainly deserved more than he could ever offer. What was he but a humble monk with no money, no prospects, and a heart that loved her?
 
In the months since Naraku's demise he'd remained silent about his offer, expecting that she would one day leave him to start her life fresh. He wanted to give her time to think it over, time to re-evaluate her situation and make the right choice…he was giving her an out if she wanted it though the very thought of her leaving made his breath catch in his chest. He'd awakened every day with that gloomy prospect weighing heavily on his heart, but as of yet it hadn't come, so he spent his days like this - enjoying how close she sat to him, fantasizing about her many womanly virtues, and praying for one blush or smile cast his way.
 
“Miroku, can I ask you a question?”
 
She had his undivided attention. Not even a full out `sitting' war between Kagome and Inuyasha could have diverted it. He waited for her to glance over and when she did he nodded reassuringly, careful to leave his face expressionless. She was so timid sometimes that even the slightest hint of his thoughts was enough to make her clam up. He longed for moments like these; times when they were alone and could just talk. Despite their constant travelling, they didn't do it often enough.
 
Sango looked away from him the moment she caught his eye. Damn monk. He never looks worried about anything! Here I am with my heart pounding out of my chest and he looks as relaxed as can be! Trying to ignore the sound of the blood rushing in her ears and the way her hands felt clammy against her legs, she rehearsed for the hundredth time what she wanted to say to him. She nibbled nervously on her bottom lip, thankful for the dark night sky that hid the raging blush on her cheeks.
 
“When we first met you didn't ask me to bear your child. You ask every other pretty girl you meet…why not me?”
 
Miroku's eyes widened slightly at her words. “Well if I seem to recall, you were hardly in any shape to be accepting propositions from a wayward monk,” he pointed out logically.
 
Sango pursed her lips and thought his words over. True, she had been half dead when she'd first met the lecher sitting next to her, but something told her that wasn't the real reason. There was more to it - she could feel it.
 
“There's another reason though, isn't there?” she asked softly, stunned by her own boldness.
 
Miroku sighed quietly, well aware that he would have to tell her the truth. He owed her that much at least. Looking thoughtfully up at the night sky, he let his heart do the talking and for once didn't worry about what he said or how he said it.
 
“Because I loved you.”
 
“B-but that's impossible!” she demanded incredulously, “you'd only just met me!”
 
“I know,” he laughed lightly. “Crazy isn't it? But I knew I couldn't touch you so I said nothing.”
 
Sango scoffed and crossed her arms under her chest. “Hasn't stopped you lately!”
 
“I meant figuratively…I realized the moment I met you that I loved you and you were completely out of my reach.”