InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Appetizers? On Me! ❯ Learn By Example ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I hate you! Leave me alone!”
 
The bedroom door slammed shut so hard it rattled in the frame. He missed the sound of his mother's forlorn sigh on the other side and her withering comment that he'd become `nothing but a rebellious teenager.'
 
Souta Higurashi cursed and stomped over to the window with his arms folded across his chest. From the second story he had an almost perfect view of the well house. He scowled at it.
 
That damn well...
 
With a sigh he flopped onto his bed and stared blankly at the ceiling. She'd been gone three years and a day. It was always hard this time of year. He'd never forgive her for not saying `goodbye'. She'd just disappeared down that well without a second thought as to how he would feel about it. It was hard sometimes not to hate her.
 
Turning his head to the side, he stared at the family portrait on the bedside table. Kagome had her arms wrapped around his nine-year-old self in a hug. His eyes lingered a while on her smile. He couldn't blame her for wanting to be with him. What girl could resist someone as cool as Inuyasha anyway?
 
He chuckled at a few lingering memories of the troublesome half-demon and sat up. Wearing his best feral grin, Souta made a claw shape with his hand and took a quick swipe at the air.
 
“Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!”
 
Perhaps he still had a few things to learn after all.