InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ At Least One Christmas Present ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Pageebus . . . let me think <Insert Witty Remark Here> I don't own Inuyasha
 
AN: This story idea came to me about five seconds ago while I was cuddling with my newly healthy baby kitty Merlin. Please note that I am Wiccan, and as such, I have very little details on the average Christmas, but I don't really hate Sesshoumaru that much, and I thought this would be a good WAFFY one shot, and no, it is not Kag/Sess, tell me what you think.
 
At Least One Christmas Present
 
~Kagome~
 
“Kagome! Don't forget your gifts!”
 
Mrs. Higurashi (I don't know her first name <.<) sighed as she handed her scurrying daughter the large bag full of wrapped presents. A small smile on her lips as she watched her run towards the angry looking hanyou. Kagome, balancing her regular pack, and the new bag full of gifts, mumbled
 
“Oh, it's nothing”
 
When Inuyasha asked her what the separate bag was for. Inuyasha, by now used to Kagome's different ways shrugged, took both bags, and carried her down the well, where they were met by a winter wonderland. Actually, it was just the Sengoku Jidai era, but it looked beautiful. Thick inlaid with snow, and icicles, it seemed as if the entire forest was made of glass. Kagome, cheerfully ran towards Kaede's hut, where she was met by the slightly pale faces of her friends. As soon as Inuyasha came by she started blabbering about Christmas, and about presents and traditions and all such sort things, not noticing the bewildered faces of her friends. Soon, after she was done explaining, everyone left the hut to go purchase “Christ Mass” presents for each other, leaving Kagome alone in the hut while she dug through her bag and pulled out the neatly wrapped gift. She had one for Miroku, one for Sango, one for Shippou, Kaede, and of course, Inuyasha. But all together, she had six gifts, with a mischievous look towards Kaede, she headed off into Inuyasha's forest sitting calmly, keeping her defenses down trying to attract the presence of a certain Inu Tai Youkai.
~The Greatness That Is Fluffy~
 
He followed her into the forest, an eyebrow raised as he sensed her defenses lowering. He and Jaken had been preparing an ambush, sitting, with their scents and aura's masked to match the cool air, on the roof of the old woman's hut as he listened to their conversation about “Christmas”. Now, his weakling hanyou brother's traveling companion was putting herself in clear danger. What was she doing, holding the wrapped box, sitting in the middle of forest, as if, waiting for someone? He could kill her if he wanted to, she was not with his brother, the Tetsuaiga would not be a problem, but he found himself resisting, and so instead, he clasped the hilt of his sword and walked towards the young woman, clearing his throat to announce his presence.
 
~Kagome~
 
She breathed a sigh of relief when he came into view. The sun was setting and she could hear the returning voices of Sango and Miroku, Inuyasha and Shippou had still not returned and she had been worrying that he wouldn't show up. Standing up shyly she walked in front of the demon, no hint of fear in her eyes and pressed the silver/white wrapped box into Sesshoumaru's hands, receiving an impression of both surprise and annoyance in his eyes she breathed out quickly
 
“It's your Christmas present.”
 
~Sesshoumaru~
 
“It's your Christmas present.”
 
He had heard her explanation, and did not see how this corresponded with it. She had said that you gave gifts to your friends, your family, and your loved ones. But he, Sesshoumaru, did not fit into any of those titles, but he had just been presented with what was obviously a gift, and he looked confusedly at the young woman standing fearlessly before him.
 
~Inuyasha~
 
He could smell HIS, scent, and he felt his blood rise when he smelled Kagome's scent with it. Was he attacking her?! Dropping his gift down onto the floor of the hut he raced off only to see Kagome give Sesshoumaru a light hug, and then walk back to him. Giving her a shocked expression he looked back to his brother, who was standing there, stunned. Glaring towards her he muttered as they headed back towards the hut.
 
“What the hell was that about?”
 
“What was what about?”
 
“You gave Sesshoumaru a Christmas present.”
 
“He is your brother”
 
“HALF Brother, and that isn't a good reason, why the hell did you hug him?!”
 
“Inuyasha, Everyone deserves a Christmas present.”
 
~Kagome~
 
It was true, everyone did, so walking hand in hand with Inuyasha; she headed off towards the Kaede's hut, to open and give out presents, not noticing that he had turned back for a split second.
 
~Sesshoumaru~
 
Fingering the silver hairbrush (lol) he found a smile work his way onto his lips as he looked up to see his brother staring at him. He felt his heart warm a little that winter, as he read his brother's lips.
 
~Inuyasha~
 
Pondering on what Kagome had just said Inuyasha looked to his elder brother, his nii-san and mouthed the words
 
“Merry Christmas Sesshoumaru”
 
And with that, he and Kagome walked away, towards Kaede's hut, and towards the engagement ring he had purchased in the Village.
 
AN: Told you it was semi-WAFF. This is actually a personal belief. I haven't received a Christmas present from my Aunt and Uncle in all the time that I have lived with them (o.o the fact that I'm Wiccan and don't celebrate Christmas should not make a difference) which has been almost nine years. I believe that everyone should get at least one Christmas, Yule, Hanukah, Kwanzaa present. R&R and don't forget your Email.