InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening ❯ One-Shot

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: Sadly, the brilliance of Rumiko Takahashi is impossible to counter. I'm afraid I have to admit that.. sadly, she owns Inuyasha... I'm merely borrowing the characters for, well, this.

WARNING: Some characters in this story will be portrayed in an OOC fashion. If this disgusts you beyond all reason, then please retreat.

~~~/~/~~~

Blood stained his hands.

Her blood.

The ones that had he had used so many times to wield a sword... To wield a sword, to protect her. They had tarnished her pale, lifeless skin, and the only one to blame was himself. There was no one to take his anger out on, but her, and so he did. Anger at himself, anger at himself because of what she said..

Her words, why had they triggered this?

Claws raked across her face, and though she did not scream she had a twisted look of agony, all gnarled, and distraught. He could not tell wether it was the feel of him piercing her flesh, or what it represented that caused her such dismay. Did she truly think she was more important than her?

He treasured them both, yes, but when it came down to it, she'd always be his first priority. He'd failed before, and learned his lesson.

She was first. Always first, no matter what.

Softly tanned skin swept over crimson eyes, the black pupils a contrast to that of his normal demon self. Though it was a sign, a small little sign that he still retained some humanity as he struck her down, it made no difference to her.

Was it blood that stained his hands? Real, true blood?

The demon brought the stained claws to his face, a small little snuff given in a mild experiment- So she did not bleed?

This angered him. He wanted blood to be spilt, he wanted revenge. The wench, who'd lost any rights to deserve being considered a bitch, had brought this on herself. She'd pay with blood. Blood, and flesh, and screams.. Pained screams of tortured souls that longed to release their agony. They would- They all would, and they'd do it through her as he did this.

The same claws that had been used tenderly to sweep across his beloved's cheek, and prepare food would also be the ones to cut across her face, forever scarring her as a traitor. As an enemy.

Her bow and arrows long since lost before the fight.. the murder had even started, he'd twist her arms around, suspending her in mid-air. Even as his warm breath swept across her lifeless skin, and his cold eyes glared out at her, she still longed for his touch, even if it would end up killing her before the day was over.

Chuckling, he pricked her skin, pressing her even harder against the tree. Without warning, he'd slam a knee into her stomach, or what he assumed to be it. There was a splintering crack, and the girl coughed. If she had any, blood would be spat right about now.

Shinidamachu swarmed around him finally, and in some vain attempt to try, and help their mistress, they attacked.

It took only a moment for him to release the wench, her form crumpling down sat his feet, smearing against the damp soil. He scoffed, slicing through the offending demons with ease. His attention turned right back to her, and for a brief moment, he felt a pang in his heart. Did it still beat? Even as he was vanquishing his lost-love, was there a heart still beating inside of him when he turned into this monster? This beast, only searching to destroy those that had not pledged their loyalty to him.. who did not care who he murdered?

He knew she didn't.

"Inu..Inuyasha?" The body rasped, her throat constricted from the pressure that the demon had only moments ago grasped. She'd long since never had a need to breathe.

"Don't say my name, you little wench."

She squirmed around, reaching out towards him, whispering his name over and over again like a spell she had to cast. He felt the cold touch of her fingers through his hakamas, and he practically snarled the next words out,

"It sounds dirty falling from your lips."

And, without warning, he was shocked with purification powers. He'd forgotten of that power. Reeling away from her, he kicked out furiously before his back hit the rough bark of a tree, "You little shit! How dare you!" With venom laced in his words, he'd give her a swift kick, shoving her body away.

Through all of this the girl remained limp, and rather agonized. His betrayal... his love for a mere copy of herself was not understood, never had been. Why would he choose such a being when he had her?

Vaguely realizing what she was doing, she reached out towards the nothingness, the blackness that engulfed her vision.

"...would.. you rather.. I call you hanyou?..."

Another kick, obviously to spite her.

She remembered how it was to die. How, as she bled without bothering to try and stop it, she was consumed by darkness. She could not feel numb, could not feel pain. She did not have flesh, and blood, but bones, and clay. For a very brief moment, it felt.. it felt like her heart had stopped beating, although she knew that had happend already..

That happend a long, long time ago..

"I'm enjoying this." The demon replied, albeit a bit hoarsely as he hoisted her up by the hair. Fingers tangled in her silky tresses, he spat in her bloody face, laughing.

A sick crunching noise was heard as he plunged his hand straight through where her heart was supposed to be. Jerking it back out, he threw her towards the nearest tree, another crack heard as her spine was broken.

Inuyasha fingered what looked to be skin-colored, broken pieces of pottery mixed in with dirt, soil, and bones. There was no blood, and no heart, and he had yet to be gifted with the sounds of her screams.

He watched, unsatisfied, as she mumbled things not coherent to even his senses. Giving the thing, as he now deemed it, one last wound to remember her by.. He stomped on her skull, effectively breaking it open.

She felt nothing, but she knew what it was like to feel his claws in her flesh. Fading into the blackness, her form was drifting above the two forms, the real Kikyo smiling.

She was free now, truly free, and she descended to wherever it was she was pulled to, hovering, flying, no- soaring as her spirit went to where it longed to go. No regrets were there- Perhaps having been that cold, unforgiving brat was one, but she'd no control over the matter.

Inuyasha, however, was not thinking the same. He looked slightly bewildered, watching her crumpled body dematerialize infront of his eyes, the sparkling dusts of her past vessel merely carried by the wind.

He cursed in futility, his revenge not as enjoyed as he thought it would be. Slowly, very slowly, the demon's control over the hanyou was waning. Every passing moment a bit of his power would slip away..

~~~~~~~~~

"She's not worthy of aiding you, Inuyasha."

"If you want, I could kill her.. If it'd be easier for you, of course."

".. or.. We could kill her together.. We must get rid of that foul little copy.."

A pause, and she was apon him, palm pressed against his cheek, her stench of cemetery wafting into his nose,

"And then we can go to hell together.."

At that, his demon side took over, despite Tetsuiga's presence. So enraged, he had attacked her, and struck her down. Nevermind how many times she sliced him with a dagger, those were mere flesh wounds..

But.. She'd threatened his bitch. She deserved to die. She would die. By his hands, no less, and he'd relish in the feel of her blood on his hands.

~~~~~~~~~

And suddenly he reigned over the body again, the mind his own, and his hanyou, and human conscience dormant.

He still had to mark the girl, to claim her before that easily flustered hanyou came back. He was so shy, so innocent.. so sickeningly chivalrous that it made him loathe himself, merely because he had taken this long in whelping the girl. And marking her, of course.

With one final look towards the slightly charred ground where Kikyo's body had been, he sprinted in the direction of Kagome. If his nose was right, the scent of Kagome laced with water indicated she was by a stream over yonder, none-the-wiser.

Good.

He had only the basic instincts of kill, or be killed, and friend, or enemy.. with that of a deranged little bloodlust for said enemy, and a rather colorful, malicious bit of vocabulary. Such things were minor, and it did not take him long to figure out what he wanted. And what was that?

His little miko bitch, of course.

Stumbling into the clearing by the stream, he was graced with a welcoming of an arrow pointed at his face once more. Chuckling, he advanced apon her, the bow lowered slightly. Scowling, she watched him, "Inuyasha?"

"You're mine."

~~~/~/~~~

-Author's Notes-

Well, that left you guessing, eh? If you really, really, reallllly want to know what I had planned for the ending and all such nonsense, then by all means, send me an E-mail. Sadly enough, I sort've.. lost inspiration to carry it further than here, because I mostly wanted to describe what I thought it would be like if Inuyasha had to confront Kikyo when he went full-demon.

Anyways, enjoy this random little thing I whipped up.

-Author's Unrelated Note-

As a very, very small, brief sidenote... er... Does anyone have the italic, bold, color, underline, etc codes for this website? Or the link to where they're held? I haven't been able to find 'em. >\