InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bad Day ❯ Chapter 3

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
 
Disclaimer:I DO NOT OWN INU YASHA AND CO OR BAD DAY BY FUEL!*goes and bawls in a dark corner*
 
Authors Notes:Ok,so my muses took a joy ride for a few days there, and I want to thank Eden for helping me out. She's been a major support lately through my rollercoaster life. Also,Im currently helping remodel a house,so chapters may be coming out a little later than expected. Not to mention research. Some of the stuff mentioned in here is true,like the stuff about tattoos,the cherry blossom festival,and the rain chains.
 
Bad Day
Chapter 3-Err……
 
 
Kagome walked down the sidewalk towards the bus station. She lived far enough away from downtown to need a bus. She wondered what poor, innocent Hojou was doing at this moment.
`Probably breaking mother's lamp,' She thought sourly. Not like her mother would be mad at Hojou. Or had a right to be anyways. No, it was all grandpas' fault for possibly telling Hojou about them leaving and saying Kagome wasn't going.
Sighing, she waited for the bus, wondering what was going to happen next. In all honesty she almost expected Sesshoumaru to be alive and with her bad luck, pissed off at her for some reason. After all it would make sense since the Gods were playing tennis with her fate.
The bus came, and while she was boarding, she noticed a sign for a new museum. Being curious, and of course, into history, she decided that was the place to go. She asked the bus driver what stop she had to get off at to get to the museum and after he answered, she sat down near the front of the bus and waited.
As the bus rolled through several stops, people departed and boarded. Among those people was a group of punk teenagers. She noticed tattoos. Not good. Tattoos are usually meant as gang symbols. She tried to ignore them in hopes of not being noticed.
It didn't work.
“Hey! You wanna have a good time blue eyes?” One called out. Kagome heard his friend guffaw and she ignored the call. It came again. And again.
Suddenly Kagome felt a hand grab her shirt roughly and she was jerked around in her seat to face a rough looking character with bleached hair sticking up straight and a safety pin in his eyebrow.
“Girl, I asked you a question. Now, you're going to come sit with us and have a good time,” The guy growled. Kagome flinched, then almost sighed with relief when her stop was called. She jerked out of the punk's grasp and ran the short way to the front. She got off the bus with a flying leap and turned, only to see the bus driver shut the door right before the punk could jump onto the sidewalk after her.
Walking at a brisk pace, she searched for the museum. After asking one old man for directions and enduring a fifteen minute speech about how she was the exception of most young people not liking history, she bid him farewell and made her way to the place she sought.
After passing two signs that pointed out the general direction of the museum, Kagome sighed in relief to find a gate with a sign for the building on it. She quickly passed the western gate and walked down the stone path past several Sakura trees. As she ambled along she noted that the trees would bloom in a few more weeks. Then the festival would start.
Shivering slightly in the cold of winter, Kagome walked up the path and finally saw what looked like three large shrine buildings. She noted the largest held the sign for the museum, and the smallest was a shrine. The middle sized building was set far away from the other two, as if it was a private building. She noticed two things about the building that was set apart. One, it had a `Do Not Enter' sign. The other thing she noticed was that it had several rain chains on the gutters.
She saw a young lady walk out of the building and gasped. The lady was a youkai. Her outer appearance was hidden, but her youki was very much apparent to Kagome.
“Are you here to see the museum or to talk to the owner about a job?” The youkai asked. Kagome, not wanting to incur the youkai's wrath, played along with the act.
“I'm just here to see the museum. What are the exhibits?” Kagome asked.
“Well, there's just two exhibits. One is about the wars and life during the warring era. The other is about the myths and legends during that time. When you enter the building there's a set of stairs. That is to the mythological exhibit. The first floor is the factual exhibit. If you have any questions I will be at the desk in the front,” The young woman told Kagome. Kagome merely nodded and headed for the building. She bypassed the factual exhibit and headed straight up the stairs for the `mythological' exhibit.
She walked for the first case, not noticing a statue of a familiar figure. The case held three swords. Kagome saw immediately that they were carefully reproduced fakes, but they resembled Inu Yasha and Sesshoumaru's swords.
Avidly, she read the writing on the board in front of the case.
In myth, there existed a figure known and Inu Taisho. He had two sons, one from his wife and another from a mistress. According to legend, the first son was a full Inu Youkai. The second was a hanyou. While the first son's name has been lost through time, the second son's name was Inu Yasha. Sword A is Tetsusaiga, Inu Yasha's sword. This sword was reputed to be made from the fang of Inu Yasha's father.
Sword B is Tenseiga, the first brother's sword. This sword too, is reputed to be made from his father's fang. In ancient scrolls this sword was also reputed to have the ability to bring the dead back to life and heal whoever it cut.
Sword C also belonged to the unknown brother, and it was called Toukijin. This sword was not made from the father's fang as the other two were said to be. Little else is known about this mythological artifact.
Kagome felt her eyes widen, and then a chuckle escaped her. `I wonder what would happen if I gave the owner all the information he need about the supposedly mythological swords, not to mention the brothers,' Kagome thought to herself.
The raven-haired young woman moved on to the next case and eyed the object within with dispassion.
It was a statue of Naraku.
She read the board in front of the case with interest. What would history say of the youkai?
“The legend of Naraku is long and can be found in the book written by the museum's owner. But a few slight facts about the myth are these; Naraku was a hanyou who was constantly at battle with the human soul within himself. He also searched far and wide for the Shikon Shards(see case 12) and was supposedly a shape shifter. His defeat was at the hands of several people, some of which survived and others who did not.
Kagome sighed. She'd probably have to get the book so she could find out something about how Naraku died. Maybe it would help the group out.
Kagome moved from case to case, recognition lighting in her eyes at almost every sight and giggles would sometimes escape as she read the captions for the objects.
She passed by statues of Miroku and Sango and Kirara and even Shippou. There was a case dedicated to Inu Yasha. She read about the Osuwari spell and giggled softly.
Then she gasped as she saw the next case. It held a statue of herself in the robes of a Shinto priestess.
She read the caption, trying to take the words in.
The Miko is unknown, but she was a key in the defeat of Naraku. She was rumored to have the ability to sense the shikon shards and be the reincarnation of a dead miko who had been killed by Naraku. Supposedly she came from a foreign land, even though her Japanese was immaculate. Little is known about the miko. Most records have been erased of any information about her. She is merely known as the Guardian of the Jewel.
Kagome sighed. She had somehow made it into the scrolls of history. She hoped no one she knew would notice the resemblance between her and the statue, otherwise something could go wrong.
What the hell was she saying? No one would ever believe it. They'd probably call it coincidence.
Kagome went to the next exhibit and saw a reproduction of Sesshoumaru's armor.
“This is a reproduction of Inu Taisho's unknown son's armor. As most statues and other items here, this is from a sketch.
Kagome noted Sesshoumaru's fluffy boa thing wasn't there. Odd.
The unknown son was supposedly Lord of the Western Lands and ruled with an iron fist. He was reputed to be a great warrior and very cold. Rumor spoke of a human girl he had saved, but this was never substantiated. He was also a key figure in the defeat of Naraku. Nothing else is known about the unknown youkai.
Kagome sighed.
“So this is what became of you Sesshoumaru. You faded into history with no record of yourself. No one knows all the things you did, or how strong you were. You've been reduced to nothing but a myth. All of us are nothing but myths to this modern world,” She whispered, tears sliding down her cheek.
“Only the youkai who lived in that era know of him as real. I wonder how it is that you know of him as more than an unknown youkai,” The young woman said. Kagome turned and saw that the glamour was dropped.
A slightly built neko demon stood before Kagome now, her long raven tresses falling to her shoulders.
“I am Lin. I was adopted by Rin several hundred years ago. After she died, Sesshoumaru took care of me. How do you know Sesshoumaru?” Lin asked.
“I traveled with his brother Inu Yasha. It's a long story. But, is Shippou, the kitsune in the statue with the monk and the taijiya, still around?” Kagome asked cautiously, scared of what she might hear.
“Yes he is in fact. Actually, he's our sculptor.. He's the one that made the statues you see here. Talented is he not? He is in the main house right now, but if you want to, you can follow me and see him,” Lin told Kagome. Kagome nodded happily, tears threatening to spill over once again.
Following Lin, she wondered what her adopted son would look like after so many years. Would he be happy to see her? Kagome tried not to think about possible negative outcomes, but she couldn't help it.
As she ascended the steps Kagome saw a shadow, then a figure running towards the edge.
“Kagome? Kagome!” A voice said. Kagome saw a red haired demon run towards her.
“Shippou? Is it really you?” Kagome asked. Shippou nodded happily. Kagome ran up the last few stairs and into her adopted son's arms.
“How are you here?” Kagome sobbed happily.
“Sesshoumaru took me in,” Shippou answered.