InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ban Bang (my baby shot me down) ❯ Ban Bang (my baby shot me down) ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ban Bang, My Baby Shot Me Down
 
 
My mind wandered in the past, recalling everything that had happened to us. I remembered the day I had come up the well, and found him, there, as in a peaceful sleep, in Goshinboku.
 
I was five and he was six
We rode on horses made of sticks
 
We were so different from each other, always fighting at the beginning. He was so rude, so annoying. We were so different from each other, me, the innocent girl, he, the strong guy that protected me. Always fighting, enjoying the blood in his claws.

He wore black and I wore white
He would always win the fight
 
But then, just when we were beginning to be nice to each other, Kikyo was brought back to life. Every time I remember that night, when I was trapped by the soul collectors, and Inuyasha had told Kikyo that he hadn't stopped thinking about her, and then the kiss, the embrace. I felt like there was a knife in my heart, mercilessly twisting in me, killing me slowly.

Bang bang, he shot me down
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down.
 
And he somehow got over it, and I realized then just how much I loved him. And every time he ran off to see her, my heart yelled in agony. For him, I was always his shard detector, and a copy of his old love. And he used to remind me every time that if it weren't for him, I would bedead, because he protected me...

Seasons came and changed the time
When I grew up, I called him mine
He would always laugh and say
"Remember when we used to play?"
And every time he ran off to her, and I would always run away, be weak and cry, he always coming after me, trying to make me feel better. First, he stabbed my heart, then he mended it, only to break it again.

Bang bang, I shot you down
Bang bang, you hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, I used to shoot you down.
 
And now, here I was, with no idea of what I was doing. What was I doing here, with this stranger at my side? I'm dressed in white, but I'm not smiling, and even thought I'm 30 years old, I still didn't know what I was doing here, dressed in white with a stranger by my side.

Music played, and people sang
Just for me, the church bells rang.
 
Every night I would cry endlessly, remembering the day our quest was over. The Shikon no Tama was complete, Naraku dead. Sango and Miroku were lng gone, married and taking care of Shippo. And I was there, my heart had stopped beating as he had kissed me, my first kiss, as I had always wanted him to do. Just kiss me, hold me, love me. But then, again, breaking my heart and mending it...but, this time, he couldn't mend it. Kikyo had come, and now, he's gone, dead, he died without saying goodbye. He left with her to hell, leaving me alone, returning to my time.

Now he's gone, I don't know why
And till this day, sometimes I cry
He didn't even say goodbye
He didn't take the time to lie.
 
I couldn't help it. I ran away, away with my white dress, away from the stranger and the bells, tears flowing down my face. Inuyasha is dead, he left me alone, without saying goodbye. He killed me, but this time no one could bring back to life my dead heart.

Bang bang, he shot me down
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down...