InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Punk Rock Love ❯ A Beach Day Band Practice and Another Date ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Beautiful Punk Rock Love

By: Elizabeth Cabrera

Attention: I do not own Inuyasha and CO. Rumiko Takahashi does and I don't own the songs on here either. : Cries: I wish I did.

::Chapter Five, A Beach Day Band Practice and Another Date.::

The week had gone by rather quickly. Kagome, Inuyasha, Sango, and Miroku had had practice threw out the week.

"Ok I'm sorry, but, it's a Friday and I don't feel like staying in on a day like this going over our lines!" Sango said the first 10 minutes they were at Miroku's house for practice.

"I agree with my precious louts flower. We should all go out some where." Miroku agreed.

Everyone thought about this.

"Hey, I know what we can do!" Kagome spoke up from a seat next to Inuyasha.

Miroku, Sango, and Inuyasha all looked up at the raven haired girl.

"Well, you know how it's going to be summer vacation in two weeks and how it's been hot lately right?"

"Just get to the point Kag!" Inuyasha cut Kagome off.

"Fine, geez! Why don't we go to Tokyo beach? I mean there's the beach for one and there's the pier." Kagome continued.

"Hey Kagome, that actually sounds like a plan!" Sango said getting up.

"Yes, yes to the beach. Sounds like fun!" Miroku agreed.

"Feh! Whatever I dun care." Inuyasha agreed also.

"Great! Then let Kagome and me get our things and we can leave." Sango said happily.

"Right, Yash and I will get our things as well. Where shall we meet louts flower?" Miroku asked.

"We can meet at my house." Kagome said.

"Alright then it's settled. We're going to the beach and we're meeting at `gome's." Sango stated.

"See ya there then." Inuyasha waved them off.

Sango gave a quick kiss to Miroku and Kagome said her goodbyes. Sango and Kagome headed for Kagome's blues jeep and Miroku and Inuyasha gathered Miroku's gear and headed for Inuyasha's "house".

~.~

Kagome and Sango arrived at Kagome's house in 30 minuets; due to the stop they made at Sango's to get her things. Now both Kagome and Sango changed into their suites before the boys arrived. Kagome wore a black and blue poke-a-doted bikini top in the shape of a bra and short black and blue board shorts. She then put on a black hurly tank top over her bathing suite top.

Next Sango wore a black and pink volcom bikini top and matching black and pink long board shorts. Her hair was put up in a high pony tail and she wore a pink shirt that read "I wanna be like Barbie that bitch has everything".

"What's taking those guys so long? I wanna hit those waves soon!" Kagome said looking out her window.

"I know what you mean `gome, but, I heard that the waves are no good this time in the year." Sango said looking over her self in the mirror.

"They can take a while why don't I put some music on?" Kagome said walking over to her radio and looking over her CDs.

"What do you feel like listening to Sango?" Kagome asked while kneeling down near here CD collection.

"Hmm, do you have the Yeah Yeah Yeah's?" Sango asked now lying down on Kagome's bed.

"Lemme check…" Kagome said looking threw her CDs. "Yeah I do." Kagome said putting the CD into the radio.

As soon as "Black Tongue" was over the boys came into Kagome's room.

"Alright Kag lets go." Inuyasha said walking in and catching Kagome singing.

"Um, yeah right lets go…" Kagome said blushing turning off the radio and walking out of her room along with Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango.

~.~

The ride to the beach was an exciting one. Especially when Miroku began singing "I'm Just a Girl" then the whole car burst into laughter. They had found easy parking and a nice place to place their things. Inuyasha and Miroku had decided to go into the water right away while Kagome and Sango on the other hand sun bathed.

"Look at those idiots." Sango said.

Inuyasha and Miroku where splashing and tackling each other into the water.

"Yeah." Kagome said laughing as Miroku managed to bring Inuyasha under the water.

"Oh hey Kagome? Did you manage to get a hold of Kikyo?" Sango said turning to face Kagome.

"Yeah, she said she'd meet us tomorrow. But the thing is where are we going to practice?" Kagome said.

"Um, you know what that is a good question. How bout we do this at my house?" Sango said.

"Alright, sure, that sounds good."

"Did you give her tabs to the songs we wanted to play?" Sango asked.

"Yeah I did. But the thing is I got some where to be at 6:30 that night."

"Ooo, where do you have to be Kagome?" Sango asked the now blushing raven haired girl.

"I'm going out with Inuyasha that night." Kagome answered.

"I see how it is Kagome! Ditch the girls to hang around your boyfriend." Sango teased.

"He's not my boyfriend and I'm not ditching you guys it's just that before we had the band he asked me." Kagome explained.

"Whatever you wanna call it `gome." Sango said and as she did so two dripping wet guys sat next to them.

"Hey did you see me Sango? I dragged this dog into the water!" Miroku said happily while Inuyasha shot him death glares.

"You got lucky monk!" Inuyasha said threw a smirk.

"Whatever! Kagome, Sango come on get in the water, it'll be fun!" Miroku said smiling at them.

"I'll go, how bout you Sango?" Kagome asked looking over at her friend.

"Fine, I'll go." She said getting up and walking with them towards the water.

~.~

The day was full of laughter and angry glares from everyone when Inuyasha managed to dunk everyone including Miroku into the water. The sun was setting now and the sky was filled with deep pinks and purples. The ocean air provided a cool breeze that carried the smell and taste of salt. Inuyasha and Kagome sat on the hood of Kagome's jeep and watched the setting sun while Miroku and Sango cleaned off some things at the showers.

"So Kagome, we still on for Sunday, at 6:30?" Inuyasha asked the girl that was resting her head on his shoulder.

"Mmmhum, I just got something to do before that and I'll be free." Kagome said quietly watching the sun set.

When Miroku and Sango came back the sun had completely gone down and the sky was now covered in a deep dark blue with the most dazzling stars and the fullest golden moon. The four drove down the freeway taking one last look at the beautiful sky that would not be so visible once they were back near the city lights.

"What a beautiful sun set." Kagome said quietly from the passenger side while Inuyasha drove. She had here feet on top of the dash board and her head leaned back in her seat.

"Mmm." Inuyasha mumbled as he drove looking in the rearview mirror and seeing Miroku and Sango had both fallen asleep as well as the raven haired girl beside him.

~.~

(Sunday Morning)

Kagome awoke on Sunday morning around 7:30. She got in the shower and was fully changed and ready around 8:30. She wore dark grey dickies, a black tank-top with a Blink 182 happy face, all black converse , and her hair was let down with some of it covering her left eye.

"I should call Sango and let her know that I'm on my way." Kagome thought out loud as she dialed Sango's number. On the third ring she picked up.

"Hey there Kagome, what's up?" Sango said into the phone.

"Oh nothing much, just wanted to let you know that I'll be on my way there soon." Kagome said.

"Oh alright just don't forget to call Kikyo-Miroku get away from my things!" Sango screamed at her boyfriend.

"Hey wait, Sango! Why's Miroku there?!" Kagome asked.

"Oh about that-damn it Miroku get away from my things! Sorry Kag got to go!" Sango said hanging up the phone.

"Damn that Sango! I specifically told her not to tell the guys! Argh! Now I have to call Kikyo. Where's that number at?" Kagome said looking threw her cell phone and finding the number she wanted and dialing it.

"Hello." A somber voice spoke into the phone.

"Hiya Kikyo!" Kagome said happily into the phone. "Just wanted to tell you that we're meeting at Sango's house and there might be some people there other than us."

"Oh ok, like whom?" Kikyo asked.

"Some guys, they're in the play that we're doing at school."

"Can I ask you what their name's are?"

"Yeah they're Miroku Hayashi, Kouga Mimura, and Inuyasha Nagahara. But I'm not sure if they're all going to be there. I only heard Miroku was over Sango's but then again that is her boyfriend. So I don't know just wanted to give you a heads up ok?" Kagome explained.

"Alright thanks for the heads up…see you at Sango's." Kikyo spoke into the phone still sounding somberly and then hanging up.

"Good-bye…geez." Kagome said as she heard the other line click.

~.~

`Inuyasha Nagahara…what do you want with this girl? Have you forgotten about me, about us? Or is it because she looks like me? Which is it Inuyasha?' Kikyo thought as she drove to Sango's.

`What will you do when you see me? Will you think back to the day I left and the day I left you?' When Kikyo thought this her mind strayed to that day two years ago…

**

"Wait Kikyo why are you leaving?!" Inuyasha said running after her and grabbing her arm.

"Let me go! Don't you get it? We're over…O-V-E-R-over!" A stern looking Kikyo said. "I'm leaving to America and I do not wish to be with you any longer! Now let me go!"

"You told me that you loved me…how could I have been so stupid?" A somber Inuyasha said head down and eye's shadowed.

"I merely told you-you words…" Kikyo said her voice cracking a bit.

"It doesn't sound to me that you didn't mean it, or you wouldn't sound like your about to cry."

"Don't make this harder then it has to be! We're over and that's that!" Kikyo said a tear escaping her eyes as she got into the cab and drove away leaving a very melancholy Inuyasha on the side walk all alone.

**

Kikyo arrived to Sango's as soon as that thought was finished. Her face showed no emotion. She grabbed her bass from the back of her black Honda. She knocked on the door and was greeted by Sango.

"Hello Kikyo!" Sango said happily.

"Hey there Sango, Kagome, and you are?" Kikyo said gesturing to Miroku.

"I am Hayashi Miroku it's a pleasure to meet you…" Miroku said extending his hand to Kikyo.

"Kikyo, Kikyo Hibikino." Kikyo said shacking Miroku's hand.

`Hibikino…why does that name sound familiar?' Miroku asked himself before shrugging and smiling.

"Hey Roku, are Inuyasha and Kouga gonna come?" Kagome asked as they move to Sango's garage.

"Nah Kouga wanted to come but decided not to and Inuyasha said he had something to do before he can meet you tonight." Miroku told Kagome.

"So Kagome, is this Inuyasha your boyfriend?" Kikyo asked as she plugged in her amp and bass.

"No-no he's not!" Kagome said blushing furiously.

"Well not yet he's not…" Miroku said quietly but was heard by the others.

"So anyways let's get to playing those songs." Kagome said as she finished plugging in her guitar and amp as well as her microform.

"Alright, which song should we play first?" Kikyo asked.

"How bout we play Sunday Morning? Considering that it is Sunday morning." Sango suggested.

"Alright I'm cool with that." Kagome answered.

"Hit it." Kikyo said.

Sango came in with some drumming and then was fallowed by some bass lines from Kikyo, then moments later Kagome came in with her guitar. Sango hit the drums harder and Kagome began to sing.

"Sappy pathetic little me, that was the girl I used to be, you left me on MY KNEES!" Kagome said with passion as she hit some louder lines with the guitar as well as Sango with her drums and Kikyo as well.

"I'd trade you places any day, I never thought you could be that way, but you looked like me on SUNDAY!" Kagome sang as the same play came from the other except with Sango adding some new drumming which sped up the music.

"You came in with the breeze, on Sunday morning," They all sang together.

"You sure have changed since yesterday with out any warning," Kagome sang and Kikyo added some do do do do's. "I thought I knew you-"

"More!" Kikyo and Sango sang.

"I thought I knew you." Kagome sang once again.

"More!" Sango and Kikyo once again sang.

"I thought I knew you well…so well." Then the same drum line from the beginning played with some new guitar ones from Kagome and the tempo slowed some.

"You're trying my shoes on for a change, they look so good but fit so strange, Out of fashion so I can complain." Kagome sang while an instrumental part took place and build to a crescendo.

"You came in with the breeze," Kagome, Kikyo, and Sango sang. "On Sunday morning, you sure have changed since yesterday (do, do, do, do), without any warning, I thought I knew you!"

"More!" Sango and Kikyo came in once again.

"I thought I knew you!" Kagome sang a light sweat began to break on her face as well as Kikyo and Sango's.

"More!"

"I though I knew you well…so well." And yet another crescendo built up. "I know who I am, but who are you? You're not looking like you used to, you're on the other side of the mirror, so nothing's looking quit as clear, THANK you for turning on the lights, THANK you, now you're the parasite, I didn't think YOU HAD IT IN YOU, AND NOW YOU'RE LOOKING LIKE I USED TO-"

"You came in with the breeze.." Kikyo and Sango sang this time.

"On Sunday morning, you sure have changed since yesterday (do, do, do, do) without any warning, and you want me badly (do-dodo-do-dodo-) you CAN NOT have ME, I thought I knew you,"

"More!"

"I thought I knew you-" Kagome sang.

"More!"

"I thought I knew you well…oh well…" Kagome shrugged.

"Ooo, on Sunday morning, without a warning, Sunday morning, I thought I knew you, on Sunday morning, oh you want me badly, can not have me, Sunday morning, Sunday morning, Sunday morning…"The group sang together as the song ended. Kagome let her guitar ring a couple of times as well as Kikyo with her bass and then the song completely stopped.

Kagome, Sango, and Kikyo were all sweaty from playing so hard. Surprisingly they played well for their first practice.

"That was great!" Miroku said clapping. "Who knew, that our little Kagome, had such a great voice?!"

At this Kagome turned bright red. "Be quiet Miroku!" Kagome said.

~.~

Their practice went by rather smoothly. They played two other songs which were: Just a Girl, and Maps. It was around 4:30 when Kagome realized she still had to get ready for her date with Inuyasha so she said her good byes and drove home.

Kagome arrived home around 4:50 and right away went into the shower. Inuyasha said that she needn't dress up that she should wear something comfortable. Kagome came out of the shower around 5:20 and began to rummage threw her closet for something to wear.

She decided on a casual light pink dickies dress. Which she wore some low cut pink converse. She quickly did her make-up which was also light, and her hair was put into lose bun with a few stray strands of hair let lose.

As she finished doing her hair the door bell rang. And she hurried and got her dickies purse and cell phone and ran to answer the door. When she opened the door she was shocked to see how good Inuyasha looked. He wore a red button down shirt, black dickies, and his hair surrounded him like a silver shield.

"You look nice Kagome." Inuyasha said breaking Kagome out from her day dream.

"Thank you, shall we go?" Kagome said steeping outside and closing the door behind her.

Inuyasha opened the door for her and then hurried to his side and turned on the car.

"So where are you taking me today?" Kagome asked as Inuyasha peeled out of her drive way.

"You'll see it's a surprise." Was all Inuyasha said as he turned on the radio and headed to some where unknown to Kagome.

~.~

Kagome was in awe when they pulled up to Tokyo Disneyland.

"Oh my Kami, Inuyasha!" Kagome spoke, well, sorta.

"I wanted to bring you to see the parade and to eat dinner here." Inuyasha said with a slight blush scratching his head.

Kagome went over and gave him a hug. Inuyasha was shocked when she did so.

"Ka-Kagome? Is-is there something wrong?" Inuyasha stuttered.

"I'm fine it's just-thank you Inuyasha. You really didn't have to bring me here." Kagome said pulling slowly away from Inuyasha.

Inuyasha grabbed Kagome's arm and pulled her into an embrace.

"Don't be stupid…I wanted to bring you cause…" Inuyasha cut himself off.

"Because, why Inuyasha?" Kagome asked looking up at his eyes.

Inuyasha also looked into Kagome's eyes. The main plaza they were in suddenly was lit up by thousands of white little lights. The two looked around themselves then back to each other.

"Because I wanted to that's why. Do I need another reason?" Inuyasha answered quietly and began to pull away.

Kagome merely nodded.

"Now come on and so we can go get our tickets." Inuyasha said walking in front of Kagome.

"But I didn't bring any money to pay for mine." Kagome said quietly.

"Don't be stupid I'm paying for your ticket now come on." Inuyasha said grabbing Kagome's hand and taking her to the ticket both with him.

~.~

Kagome and Inuyasha went on a couple of rides when they entered the park.

"So how `bout we stop and get somethin' to eat Kag?" Inuyasha said as they came out of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

There could be heard a slight gurgle coming from Kagome which caused her to blush.

"Well guessing from the noise my stomach is making that would sound just perfect." Kagome said quietly.

"Great cause our reservations in ten minuets." Inuyasha said checking his watch.

"Our what, you punk you had this all planed out huh?!" Kagome said putting her hands on her hips.

"Yeah so maybe I did what are you going to do about it?" Inuyasha teased and began to walk away.

"Hey don't walk away from me!" Kagome said catching up to Inuyasha and walking beside him.

"So where's this place we're eating at?" Kagome asked.

"It's called, The Blue Bayou Restaurant." Was all Inuyasha said as they reached the so called restaurant.

"The what?" Kagome said at the door as Inuyasha walked in.

"You coming or not Kag?" Inuyasha poked his head out from the door.

"Huh, oh yeah coming." Kagome said once she snapped out of her daydream.

~.~

Kagome and Inuyasha sat at a very pretty table. There where little white lights all around the restaurant. They cast a moonlit light around the couple. And the candles in the center of the table cast a golden glow on everyone's face.

"So what can I get you two?" A female server said once they had taken a good look at the menu.

"Um, I'd like a Monte Cristo sandwich and a lemonade." Kagome said looking up from her menu and smiling at the server.

"I'll have the same except I'd like a Pepsi, thank you." Inuyasha said handing the menu's over to the server.

"Alright that's two Monte Cristo sandwiches, one lemonade and a Pepsi. Would you like any soups or salads with that?" The server asked as she wrote the order down on her notepad.

"No thank you." The two said together.

"Alright I'll be back with your drinks and food." The server said walking away.

"Wow, this place is really pretty." Kagome said looking around all the while Inuyasha was looking at her.

"What's the matter Yash? Do I have something on my face?" Kagome said reaching for her Dickies bag.

"No there's nothing on your face." Inuyasha said quietly still looking at her.

"Then what's with the staring problem?" Kagome said.

"Nothing, it's just you look so pretty right now." Inuyasha said all the more quietly.

This caused Kagome to blush and Inuyasha also.

"Kagome?"

"Y-yeah?" Kagome stuttered.

"Can I ask you something?" Inuyasha said slowly a light blush dancing underneath his eyes.

"Yeah…" Kagome said quietly.

"Would you like to um, be my…girlfriend?" Inuyasha said even more slowly especially at the end.

`Breathing deeply, walking backwards, finding strength to call and ask her'

Kagome was shocked and her face a beat red now. She tried to recollect herself and to figure out if what he said was what she thought he said.

"What?" Was all Kagome could mutter out.

"I can understand if you don't want to I mean…" Inuyasha was cut off by Kagome.

"No I sorry it's not that. I was just making sure if what I heard was some sort of trick or something." Kagome explained.

"Oh…" Inuyasha said waiting.

`She's going to say no I beat.' Inuyasha thought to himself.

`Rollercoaster favorite ride'

"Why would you think I'd say no?" Kagome asked.

"I-I don't know…" Inuyasha stuttered quietly.

"Well, yeah of course." Kagome said blushing lightly.

"Re-really?!" Inuyasha said happily which made Kagome smile in turn.

At that time the server returned with their orders. The rest of the dinner was spent with laughs and giggles. The now couple left the park around 11:30 and arrived at Kagome's door step.

"So guess this is the last stop for today huh?" Inuyasha said kicking at some rocks on the floor.

"Yeah, practice tomorrow at Sango's house right?" Kagome asked.

"Yeah."

`I really want to kiss her.' Inuyasha told himself.

"It's getting late you and I have school tomorrow I'd better go inside." Kagome said.

`let me kiss you one last time good night'

"Alright." Inuyasha said reaching down to her and kissing her lips softly.

"Good night." Inuyasha whispered into her ear.

"Night, Inuyasha." Kagome whispered back.

Inuyasha watched Kagome walk inside her house with a smile on his face. Once she was inside he walked down the long stairs and into his car where he drove the rest of the way home with a smile on his face.

"Bet you I'll be glowing tomorrow at school…" Inuyasha said as her drove home.

~.~

Authors Note: There you go the long awaited chapter five! You happy now you bunch of communists! Well you can't blame me for taking so long I gave you a nice long chapter and I want some reviews for it! Love you guys and sorry again for the long wait. Oh one more thing I'm looking for a beta reader or what ever they're called if you think you're good enough then e-mail me at: KagomeAkane182aol.com. R/R! Buh byes!