InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Catching up with an old friend and making a new one ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thank you all for enjoying the story so far and your praise is welcome most heartily. I do thank you once again for enjoying my stories. Anyway speaking of them let's get back to it shall we?

Dragon Man 180...- Well that was the effect I was going for. And what kind of idea is it? Don't worry if you think I will steal it from you just curious that's all. I know...poor Kouga, but to Naraku it is the perfect revenge and as to him and Ayame having any kids...Well you have to read to find out

Dark Moon 1....-Its okay and I thank you for enjoying them am updating as soon as I can

Inuyasha 19912...- Yes...Naraku can not stand that they beat him in his last life remember. He wants to make sure they don't in this life. As to Kouga forgiving Inuyasha, he has but as I have stated before in another story, I believe that they will forever insult one another but as friends you know. Kind of like Raye and Serena from Sailor Moon, all they ever do is insult one another and yet you know they are among the best of friends.

miko no tsuki...-Who is Ayame? I guess you don't know then, I apologize. Ayame is a character who appears later in the series chasing after Kouga for she is a wolf-demoness. Apparently when she was younger Kouga had saved her and promised her that eventually when she grew up they would become mates. But she didn't count on Kouga chasing after Kagome when he meets her. I would go into it more, but I don't want to ruin it for you. But she is a good guy and not a bad one.

Anyhow I don't own Inuyasha but I do own, Timor, Hayek, Betia, Rahnee, Calto, and the three fire cats, Leetah, Tiasma, and Mirada.

Catching up with an old friend and making a new one

Shippo flies from tree to tree on his way to join up with Kikyo and the others. His thoughts confused and jumbled as he is surprised by the two following him as he leads the way.

"Who would have thought...Sesshomaru and Kagura?" Shippo looks thoughtful as he pauses but a moment. His mind is on the two demons and the proof of their union who stops beside him.

Not saying anything, just looking straight ahead as if waiting, Rin urns to Shippo with a confused look on her face. Her brown hair had grown and she kept it now in a loose braid at the base of her neck. Its soft curls tickling as she moves a hand to push it to the side; she gazes at Shippo with her innocent, yet unnerving gaze.

"Shippo...what is it?"

"Rin...nothing just thinking...wondering how he will react to meeting his cousin that's all."

"My cousin is who we are going to meet up with..." Calto responds flatly, but Rin can sense the curiosity and anticipation in his stance as he now seems more anxious to leave.

"One of them yes, she will be there...hopefully safe and sound."

Calto listens and as Shippo resumes flying from tree to tree, he ponders things. He remembers his father's words to him.

"Do not underestimate your uncle, he may be just a half-breed but he and his mate are two of the most powerful people in the land. She is a miko and he holds the other sword that was made by one of your grandfather's fangs. The Tetsaiga."

Pondering this he wonders what a child born of these two could be like.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

After moving for nigh on three hours of straight worrying Shippo stops as he arrives at the back of the slayer village. But not in thought....but in fear, he watches as hundreds of demons are sucked into something he hoped he would never see again.

"Shippo what is it?" Rin asks as her and Calto join up with him. Her confusion is evident as she doesn't understand the significances of those demons dying.

"We're too late Rin...those medicines you brought with you may come in handy"

"I agree...let's go Calto"

Nodding his head as he runs after the red headed fox, he is stunned as two girls on the backs of these great cats jump into the air.

Both have dark hair and ready to battle, yet one he notices has a bright silver streak at her temple. Much like his own streaked hair....

"She must be my cousin...."

His thoughts are confirmed as the girls visibly relax as Shippo starts yelling. "It's only me Rahnee...Kikyo...give it a rest!"

"Stow it Shippo!" Kikyo replies a little short tempered. Her nerves are a little shot. Not only with worry for her friends but for that of Hayek who had taken a wound in defending them from the onslaught of demons. "Hayek's been hurt"

"Rin can you..." Shippo starts to say for the mysterious golden- haired demon has been his best friend. But before he could finish his sentence he can already see Calto kneeling down and allowing Rin to jump off. She runs towards the hurt demon, who looks at her warily.

"I am a friend...do not worry...." Rin smiles gently and Hayek sees the same kindness that Kikyo exudes in her brown eyes. Nodding his head Shippo comes over and with aid from Betia, who took an interest in Rin's healing knowledge, allows her to grab the medicine that he has on his back.

Noticing how the young woman, with their daughter, looks familiar, Sango and Miroku go towards them reluctantly for the pain in their eyes and the tiredness of their bodies has aged them a several years in but a span of a few minutes. The return of the wind tunnel has drained them of their youth....

Shippo gazing at his friends that he has known since he was a child, notices the prayer beads and cloth covering his friends right hand.

"It came back didn't it..."

Sango and Miroku nodded, sadly. Looking at Calto strangely, Miroku's senses start to tingle as he takes in the young demons features. They are similar to Inuyasha in retrospect, yet his eyes were different. Different but familiar....

"Who are your young friends over there Shippo?"

Watching as Sango separates and with Rin's aid they manage to finish treating not only Hayek, but the other wounded as well. Shippo turns his gaze to Miroku's inquiring one and looks for ways to answer his question.

"I will tell you monk..." Calto replies as he strides over to Shippo and the older gentleman. "The woman you might recognize as Rin. As for myself, Father said that you out of all the people might take who I am better than most of the others. My name is Calto, son and heir to Lord Sesshomaru of thee western lands."

"So that is Rin, she has grown up and that I could deduce Calto...but something tells me I know who your mother is...."

"Yes she is one who was formerly a servant of Naraku...the Lady Kagura"

Miroku remains silent as he takes in this information. This news will indeed be unsettling to many except for himself and Kikyo's mother Kagome. Inuyasha will indeed be angry feeling as if his brother had betrayed their family's honor by consorting with the enemy. But it is Kouga as well as Sango...whose reaction he worries about.

"Thank you for telling me Calto." I will explain to my wife when the time comes. I would advise you though as we set to journey further north to meet up with Inuyasha and the others, you keep your mother's identity a secret."

Calto nods his head and agrees for he understands. His father had told him about one of his mother's unfortunate tasks that her former lord once made her do. That was to defend the castle from the wolf tribes attacking it. She had done as she was ordered, but it came at a price. She killed so many of them with her Dance of the Wind. That Kouga has sworn vengeance on her and anyone who aids her.

Placing a comforting arm on the young man's shoulder Miroku swears he sees the beginning of a kind hope in his eyes and smiles. "Now let's introduce you to your cousin Kikyo...."

Calling for the young woman, Miroku gestures for her to come forth as she was helping the wounded as best she could with her miko powers. Looking at the young man in armor and with the hair that is streaked like hers, she gazes curiously.

"Hello...?"

"Kikyo...this is your cousin...Calto"

Kikyo's interest lights up and as Calto looks into her gold eyes, he sees a warm yet incredible power. "So you must be my Uncle's son right?"

Nodding his head, Miroku watches as she latches on to Calto's hand with a childlike glee. Pulling him towards the others grouping around the injured Hayek, she proceeds to introduce him to all but Shippo who is busy fending off Rahnee's advances.

Miroku sighs as he looks at his hand and shakes his head. Looking up at her husband Sango, softly looks into his tired eyes and wraps her arms around him. "Miroku I guess it is time that we journey again...."

"No..."

"What do you mean?"

"I will journey...you need to stay here and start to train the others in the slayer skills." Miroku says sadly as he presses a kiss to his wife's face. "We may need them to help us fend off Naraku once again..."

"Miroku I...."

Shaking his head...Miroku places his gloved hand upon her lips. "Sango, who will stay and protect our home from those who wish to destroy it? Who will they trust to lead them if both of us are gone?"

Reluctantly nodding her head as she agrees to his decision, she looks up at him. "Promise me something Miroku..."

"What?"

"Take Kilala with you...I want you to come back to me...."

Nodding his head as the said cat jumps from her shoulder to his and nuzzles his cheek in affection. Looking to Kilala, Sango whispers another order softly in her ear. "Make sure he and Rahnee both behave."

Mewing her affirmation, Kilala gently licks her friend's cheek.

"Thank you Kilala..."

Moving with her as they walk towards the others, they hear as Calto looks at the teasing Shippo is enduring from the others concerning the overly amorous Rahnee. Curiously as he observes the Kitsune once again pulling away his tail from the dark-girls nimble fingers he starts a conversation that sets the others into fits of laughter and Shippo into a state of denial.

"Why do you insist on denying that you like the human? I can smell from here that you do. Every time you let your tail go it seems to find its way back to her...."

"What do you mean?" Kikyo ask as the others watch the commotion between the Kitsune and the training demon slayer.

"Isn't it obvious...I remember what my father told me about your parents Kikyo and how your mother could never resist his ears. But how whenever he observed them together he would always find some excuse to talk to her or be near her. But whenever she started to play with his ears he would go bright red, because he liked it to much"

"So..."

"Haven't you noticed...whenever she strokes his tail Shippo turns bright as well."

"I DO NOT!" Shippo exclaims as he yanks his tail once again. His face contrary to his statement and the others burst out laughing. Rahnee observing his reactions sighs happily...

"YOU DO LIKE ME!"

"NO I DON'T!"

Shippo manages to evade Rahnee by hiding next to an injured Hayek, who despite his bandages, protests....

"Don't drag me into this!"

Giggling softly as the commotion, Kikyo smiles as she observes the antics between one who has she has long thought of as a brother and her best friend. A feeling as if she is being watched she looks down and notices Hayek, staring at her and she grows a little nervous under his gaze.

"Hayek...what is it?"

"Nothing...I was just amazed at how much you have grown..."

"Well it was bound to happen sooner or later..."

"Kikyo..Kikyo!"

Kikyo looks up as Shippo runs behind her. "Protect me!" He asks as he jumps into the tree.

"Why?"

"Because I think of you as my little sister and you love me very much?"

"True...but I got to side with Rahnee I think the two of you would make a perfect couple."

"Kikyo!"

Giggling at the commotion and watching from her vantage point, after having helped Rin with the injured, next to the strange man with the black and silver hair. Betia decides these next few days should be quite entertaining. as she observes her sister waiting for the fox demon, who is in denial.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~

That is the end of this part. I hope you all like and please do enjoy! Don't forget to review and in the next chapter...they all make their way to Kouga's den.