InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ A Heartbroken Past Part 2 ( Chapter 45 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yeah! Fantasia won Fantasia won! Sorry folks was watching American idol....kind of got carried away a bit....anyway in a salute to my new favorite singer having won! I shall update again in honor of Fantasia Barrino the new American Idol!

Newfie/B.C Girl...-Well the answer will be below after all the reviews are answered okay....and thank you for enjoying it

ash...-Thank you very much and I am glad that you have enjoyed it

Dragon Man 180...-Not yet but her death will be imminent involves new character coming into the picture....giggles....once she does Kyoko is done for...as to who it was...read the bottom after the reviews and before the next chapter

kyli the wolf hanyou...-crossing fingers...crossing fingers

Inuyasha19912...-Maybe...but it is up to the ones who answered my question...smiles....

turkiss...-Thank you very much and I am glad that you are enjoying the story and my lips are sealed...for another few minutes

InuyashaGirlie...-Well if you go back to the chapter he was first introduced...he was running from something wasn't he...what was he running from....? Smiles and giggles...you all are about to find out.....

Anyway as to the answer and its winner...InuyashaGirlie! Basically you are right and you were first in the answer is that Lord Kadowaki is in fact Naraku. For those of you, who don't understand, think back to the first episodes that introduce Sango the demon Slayer to the gang. The young lord who had killed his father despite being sick was Lord Kadowaki and well if you all remember in the end he was possessed and taken over by Naraku after making sure that the village of the demon slayers, one of the main threats to his chance for power were eliminated.

So lady I will give you a description of said demoness who will be joining the party and along with Kanna drive the wolf twins to no end of distraction! She is to be 5'6 with blue-black hair and gray eyes. She will have a warmth and kindness about her and will always remain calm, but yet seem to have problems with tact, because she has always spoken her mind.

Due to the fact that she is blind she still sees better than any of them due to her other senses somehow having more than compensated for its loss. She will be wearing a simple halter styled wrap dress around her slender body in shades of silver and gray and only have what appears to be a staff with her, much like Miroku's but at the top what appears to be a small winged dragon symbol will rest. InuyashaGirlie, you will have the privilege of naming her and to what kind of demon she will be and just because she has a dragon staff do not let it deter you if you want her to be some kind of other demon okay. Think Jaken's staff for its uses that will be revealed in time as you name her....

Chapter 45

A heartbroken past Part 2

Looking at Miroku's surprised face; Hayek pauses in mid sentence with a slightly confused look.

"Miroku?"

"You...you said Lord Kadowaki?"

Hayek looks momentarily confused and nods his head and Miroku seems to almost tremble with disbelief.

"Did you know him monk?"

"No...Sango did...you see he was the one who rescued her..."

"He did, so he was a good man...."

"Yes...until..."

"Until..."

"Naraku...it seems Naraku possessed and eventually killed Kadowaki. The man that you see in your visions and the child reborn is a combination of both men. The charming and handsome visage of Kadowaki, but the evil and power of Naraku, I hope that eventually what was Lord Kadowaki was let go and allowed to rest in peaceif he was still there...."

Hayek listens and nods his head as Miroku tells of the story on how Sango came to join them and understands. Then he is amazed as Miroku once again turns to him with a tired and yet gentle smile. "Please forgive my memories, it is your turn to explain, what is it that happened with Ruriko and the villagers that caused you to flee?"

In all since he has been here with Ruriko and her mother, the villagers have begun to accept him and Hayek was starting to feel the comfort that he hasn't felt in so long thank to this young woman's stubbornness.. After that first night, with her and her mother, he had begun to win over the elder woman's heart with his stories of adventures. Their thirst for knowledge was immense and he wanted to tell them all that he knew.

Over time, they soon realized that none of them had been paying attention the time and they couldn't help but laugh at that. The invitation to stay and travel in the morning was offered and accepted. But in return he had wanted to help them with some repairs and soon that one night evolved into two and then three and finally four weeks. Musing on this as he picked up the hammer, he was oblivious to others watching him and the hatred on their faces.

"Why is he still here?"

"I heard Ruriko and her mother have been keeping him here for some odd reason after another. They don't want that demon to go...."

"The others are even saying that he hasn't asked for anything and only offers to do something from time to time to help them if they wish it."

Growling amongst themselves, one simply listens to all the complaints and his eyes glow red momentarily as if possessed by something and he speaks with such malevolence, that it frightens the others.

"Well that means we shall just have to get rid of him...."

As if by one thought they have become united those who are watching seem to chuckle and follow their supposed leader as he moves towards the shadows to further discuss his plans and to fan the flames of hate.

In the meantime Ruriko smiles and approaches Hayek along with her mother, who offers some warm and friendly words.

"You missed a spot..."

Hayek looks dumfounded a second as the elder woman smiles and proceeds to walk on into the small abode and Ruriko can't help but crack up at the young man's confused demeanor.

"I missed a spot?"

"She's joking Hayek!" The young woman giggles out almost hysterically and Hayek smiles as her warmth seems to be infectious. Watching as she goes into the room and then peeks her head out a moment later, he pauses in mid swing.

"By the way Momma has some pastries for you if you're interested"

Hayek's eyes light up almost immediately at the thought of sweets. He can never get enough of those. Ruriko early on had found out his weakness for the sugary treats and after negotiating with her mother and taking on a little extra work herself at the fields to gather the right ingredients. She and her mother take turns for the demon with them and as a continuous way of saying thank you....they simply continue to bake him some sweet goods.

"I will be there shortly...."

Nodding her head, she ducks back into the house and as he starts cleaning up, he starts hearing some singing and he can't help but listen.

Sometimes I wonder

How I'd ever make it through,

Through this world without having you

I just wouldn't have a clue

'Cause sometimes it seems

Like this world's closing in on me,

And there's no way of breaking free

And then I see you reach for me

Sometimes I wanna give up

I wanna give in, I wanna quit the fight

And then I see you, baby

And everything's alright, everything's alright

When I see you smile

I can face the world, oh oh, you know I can do anything

When I see you smile

I see a ray of light, oh oh, I see it shining right through the rain

When I see you smile

Oh yeah, baby when I see you smile at me

Baby there's nothing

in this world that could ever do

What a touch of your hand can do

It's like nothing that I ever knew

And when the rain is falling

I don't feel it, 'cause you're here with me now

And one look at you baby

Is all I'll ever need, you're all I'll ever need

When I see you smile

I can face the world, oh oh, you know I can do anything

When I see you smile

I see a ray of light, oh oh, I see it shining right through the rain

When I see you smile

Oh yeah, baby when I see you smile at me

Sometimes I wanna give up

I wanna give in, I wanna quit the fight

And then I see you baby

And everything's alright, everything's alright

So right...

When I see you smile

I can face the world, oh oh, you know I can do anything

When I see you smile

I see a ray of light, oh oh, I see it shining right through the rain

When I see you smile

Oh yeah, baby when I see you smile at me

When I see you smile

I can face the world, oh oh, you know I can do anything

When I see you smile

I see a ray of light, oh oh, I see it shining right through the rain

When I see you smile

Oh yeah, baby when I see you smile at me (When I see you Smile by Bad English)

Coming in as she sings the final notes, Hayek watches as she putters around then screams in surprise at the sight of Hayek looking at her.

"DON'T DO THAT!"

Smiling widely, Hayek, simply looks at her and she can't help but feel her heart pound a little bit at the sight of him standing there.

"That was beautiful...where did you learn it?"

"I taught it to her..." The older woman replies as she steps out from behind him and hands him a baked cookie, which he gladly starts eating. "I heard it from a miko who was visiting here and she was singing softly to her husband."

"Really?"

"Yes...apparently he was mad at her for something and they had fought about it." She starts to laugh and soon is clutching her belly with amusement.

"What was so funny?"

"I was remembering their fight...it made quite a scene. But you could tell that the love for one another was there. Her and the hanyou....."

"The miko was married to a demon?"

The elder woman nods her head and Hayek looks almost thoughtful. Ruriko looks as he then turns to her mother and watches as she continues the conversation. "Half demon actually...I forget his name though....I do remember he had long silver hair..." the woman muses and then as if to change the subject she looks to Ruriko with a couple of questions as he is left alone with his thoughts.

Elsewhere...

The small group of three men and two women nod their heads at one another and move to set their plans in motion. Regretfully it will cost some their lives in the fight to get rid of the demon, but in the end it will be worth it...

Some going by themselves and others in different directions, the plan is moved into motion as little things are moved and rumors are spread to fan the flames. All this time one who is with them, his eyes glow red and he chuckles....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That's the end of this part...prior warning folks next one will be sad and heartbreaking....hence the title and then NEW CHARACTER WILL BE INTRODUCED! Don't forget to read and review!