InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ The return of an old friend... ( Chapter 49 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

You guys like my continuation huh....I am supremely flattered thank you. Anyway guys and gals....I guess I better continue huh...and to some of my new readers who have been asking me how long the story is going to be...I have absolutely no clue whatsoever....you see this was intended to originally be a one shot as stated in the first chapter and well InuyashaGirlie gave me an idea on how to continue it...and well I kind of ran away with it.

It is still going strong and some of you keep contributing ideas...Dragon Man 180 gave the ideas of romance amongst many of the couples...or the subtle hints thereof as others have helped with villains as well as some of the more in depth chapters on a certain character and the way he thinks...Hayek... So for all in know this could have one chapter left or a zillion.....it beats the hell out of me.....

Anyway back to the reviews.....

Mystaya-d-kitsune...-Oh thank you very much and I am glad that you are enjoying it. Smiles...I think I am completely new charactered out for this story though...on the good guys that is...got at least five or so more incarnations to go I think....heh....

Rayne Aqua...-Its okay just beware of the chapters The Past and the Prophecy 1-2-3...those will make you cry...ask everyone else...they near killed me with its sadness.... As to Kagura, she is okay to a point...Jaken is working on a cure.... And no that is fairly close but its more like 45% now

Kyli the wolf hanyou...-Thank you and I am

Newfie/B.C Girl...-Actually not really I skim the titles mostly, for a lot and no offense to all who do so....a lot of them well they are the same to me....to paraphrase some of you. I like to look for stories that have a unique quality to them...that's why some of my favorites include, Terri Botta, the Spider, Dream NZ, Ashbear and Wayward....just to name a few...my real favorites list is really the stories...a lot of them I have found are worthy for the capture in my opinion the ability to create a picture on their own....

inu-fanforever...-Yep he's back.....to paraphrase Poltergeist...and he is definitely not a happy demon and as to Hayek...yes made visible...will he be alive after this little event once Inuyasha gets his hands on him....I don't know....smiles

Inuyasha19912...-Yep they know and thank you!

krys...-why thank you and I am glad that you are enjoying it....

Dragon Man 180...-Theoretically yes...but what about everyone else? Wouldn't they be in the way....remember Ryokotsei packs quite a punch and he would be damn sure to take everyone else with him...

InuyashaGirlie...-Thank you and I was aiming for a little humor, before a little battle and a little fight....heh.....new character will be involved as well....

Chapter 49

The return of an old friend Part 2

"Everyone.... Run!" Hayek screamed as the blast is set loose and they scatter. Ryokotsei chuckles evilly as he watches them dive out of his blasts.

"You can not hide from me...I am Ryokotsei...the strongest demon EVER!!!!!!!"

"Yeah yeah...I beat you once I can do it again...." Inuyasha mutters as he looks to the others first. "Miroku, Shippo get them out of here! You know what he can do and what happened last time."

Both the monk and the fox nod their heads and attempt to get everyone out of the way. Miroku picks up the woman who collapsed and along with Kilala they launch into the air for safety. But as they did so Ryokotsei lets out another energy blast.

"MOVE!" Hayek screams as he barely manages to get Shippo out of the way from the demon's blast, as Miroku and the demoness had just gotten out moments before. He then mentally prepares himself for what is about to happen next. Taking the direct hit, the others scream as a cloud of smoke and ash seem to erupt from the spot where he stood seconds later.

"Hayek?" Kikyo whimpers softly as she and Rahnee take to the air on their cats. Her pain at the trickery that was done to all of them is still in her mind. But, the fact that he is someone who has done nothing wrong, for he to was tricked. She can't help but be worried at the same time.

Moving with Mirada as the demon swings his tail at her and Rahnee, she narrowly evades him only to be hit again on his return. She and Mirada both go crashing to the ground, but luckily, Inuyasha and Calto both catch them, before they hit the ground at such a speed. In the meantime, all half heartedly fight as they constantly look towards the cloud of smoke.

"Do not be worried about him....he is DEAD! Now worry about me!"

The others scatter as Ryokotsei launches blast after blast. His firing power is reminiscent of the time before, when Inuyasha and the others fought him.

"HEY DOG BREATH!" Kino yells as eh ducks a swing of the giant tail.

"HOW DID YOU KILL HIM BEFORE? ACTUALLY HOW DO YOU KILL HIM?" Sakado screams out as he is flying for as Kino managed to duck he took the hit.

"Brother!"

Kino follows after Sakado, ignoring the blast as Kikyo and Rahnee fly with the cats to claw and do whatever they can to keep him distracted. As they do so, Kikyo remembers the story her father told her about the first time, how he had battled this demon and barely made it out alive.

"Daddy can you do it?"

Inuyasha shakes his head as he leaps and pulls Shippo to the side. "If I tried the Backlash Wave now, the power feed back from him, could potentially kill us all. The only way I could do it is if everyone got out of the way."

"Which I am not going to allow!" Ryokotsei roars and sends an energy blast straight at them, one right after the other, with no possible chance to escape.

"DADDY!"

Inuyasha makes to leap at his daughter and take those blasts himself, when he sees her whisked away in a split second. Following her scent he begins to growl twice over, when he senses someone that at they beginning was dead.

"Hayyyeeekkkkk"

Ready to run after, his eyes flashing red at the worry he has for her. Inuyasha manages to avoid getting hit as he and the others take on the great demon.

Meanwhile....

Kikyo watches as that blast comes at her, and just as she is about to make a prayer to Kami to protect her, she feels herself whisked away.

"What????"

Looking at the arms around her slender body, she is surprised as Hayek, who is very much alive, has her in his arms. But she is fearful as she notices him in his demon state.

"Hayek...."

"Mine....mine to save..." He growls at her softly as he continues to run from the battle. "MINE!"

Her heart pounds at the sight of his red eyed gaze and so she waits. Knowing, that now is the time to be a warrior, she decides to try and plea with him as she would her father.

"Hayek....we have to go back...."

"SAVE....MINE"

"I know Hayek...." Kikyo smiles softly. "But we have to go back....my father....Inuyasha he needs us...."

Growling at the name as if in a memory, it spurs Hayek to move even faster, as he runs and the sound of the battle grows even fainter.

"MINE...YOU MINE!"

"Yes I know...but my father, Hayek please...." She whimpers softly and looking into his eyes half lidded and pleadingly.

As if in a trance, Hayek nods his head and then proceeds to run further for a few minutes more, before taking a leap into what appears to be a sheer Cliffside. Starting to panic in the fear of hitting the rock, Kikyo holds on to him tight and screams, Hayek though simply smiles as they seem to jump through an illusion into a well lit cave.

"YOU SAFE.....LATER!" He says as he puts her down and then jumps out. Wanting to follow, she almost does, but stops short of the precipice. "Great....just what I need a fear of heights on top of soul catchers...." She mutters.

Watching as he disappears into the forest, back the way he came, she ponders one question as she prays another, but yet both mean the same thing.

"How are we going to get through this....?"

Back at the Fight....

Inuyasha growls as he tries to chase after the fleeing demon and his daughter, but Ryokotsei keeps blocking him as if to taunt him, about the safety of his daughter.

"Stay and Fight Inuyasha....we have a fight to finish."

"FEH! That fight was done almost 20 years ago.....You are not part of this life!"

Roaring in anger and rage at his insolence, the greater demon concentrates on a blast that crackles and pops with energy; recognizing the size of it, Miroku looks to Inuyasha with fear.

"Inuyasha what are you doing just standing there...RUN!"

"No!" He growls, and Miroku is stunned. For the first time, Inuyasha is going not only full demon....but the Tetsaiga is LETTING HIM!

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888888

Okay folks two things...yes I know its short...but I have to be up early tomorrow and not only that got to go in on crutches....I trip I fall down....ankle go bust....rhetorically speaking but you get the idea...not only am I the Queen of the procrastinators...I am also the queen Klutz.....anyway I do promise on the next part being longer....but I figured Ryokotsei coming back from the dead...well that is a three parter guaranteed in my book....Anyway don't forget to read and review