InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birth Marks ❯ yin and yang: the inu youkai ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: you all know he's not mine, so stop asking! (But here's to wishful thinking!)
 
Isn't it mean of me to have so many cliffies? I promise not to have so many from now on *crosses fingers behind back*!
 
Trinn, darkshessyfan, vanillapop, and digitalpotato, thanks for being there and you'd better review me! And you others out there also!
 
Darksesshyfan: evol is love spelled backwards! *O_'*
 
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
Last time: Gin put the necklace on her daughter's neck, “that girl in the photo was you. You are not a complete human, Kagome.” The teenager fainted into her boyfriend and potential mate's arms. This was just a little too much for the girl to take in at once.
 
Chapter 3: yin and yang: the inu-youkai
 
“Kagome! Kagome! Oh, baby please wake up! I know this is a lot for you, but please wake up!” Gin called desperately, tapping her daughter's cheek. Kagome's head was in Inuyasha's lap, snuggled up against him. She had his haiori (is that spelled right?) in a death-grip, trying to shut out the bright light and noises.
 
Inuyasha stroked her raven hair, thinking of the colors that had been in the little girl's hair in the picture. It seems that she had the same length hair in the picture as she did now. Kagome was the last person he'd expect to be hanyou. Especially since her scent and looks were, at least, mostly human. A member of the black dog clan! He had heard things about the clan and it's powerful magics. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were both descendants of the white dog clan and were lords of the western lands.
 
Inuyasha had never met his father, but had heard that Inutashio (their dad) was a powerful demon and that taking on a human wife was a last hope for an heir to destiny. Sesshomaru inherited the land, but Inuyasha inherited the family destiny, whatever that was.
 
Kagome moaned and pulled tighter into Inuyasha. “Kagome, you can wake up now, no one is here to hurt you now. You're in your own time,” Inuyasha whispered to Kagome.
 
Kagome fluttered her eyes open slightly to see a wall of red fabric. She looked up to see a concerned Inuyasha holding onto her. “Aaahhh!” she screamed, not expecting to be this close to the hanyou, and promptly rolled off the bed, hitting her head on her table on the way down.
 
After a few seconds, Kagome sat back up and rubbed the back of her head. “Wha-what happened?” she asked, looking up at the two on either side of her.
 
“You fell off the bed…”
 
“You just found out you're a hanyou and fainted,” Gin piped up, smiling at the nice summary.
 
“Oh,” Kagome said weakly and leaned against Inuyasha's legs, trying to go back to sleep.
 
“Not this time, Kagome!” Inuyasha said warningly, moving his legs to wake Kagome back up. She moaned and touched the sore spot on her head again in protest of Inuyasha's moving legs.
 
“How can I be a hanyou if I look human?” Kagome mumbled, with her eyes still closed. Inuyasha had been wondering the same thing
 
“You never really listened to stories, did you?” Gin sighed to herself, “your Ji-chan, when he was younger, was quite powerful as a priest. He sealed your complete youkai powers into the shikon jewel so you would appear human. But when the jewel was broken, the miko side of your powers surfaced. And since you've stayed human, it's safe to assume that there is still a shikon shard somewhere in you, keeping your powers at bay. I think that since the demon mark has resurfaced, it will be soon when your hanyou side will surface.” Gin hung her head and let a silent tear drip from her nose.
 
Kagome and Inuyasha looked at each other and smiled half-heartedly. Kagome took the picture of herself gently from Inuyasha to look at it. This little girl was just downright cute with her little ears and wet hair, playing in the pool. Just then, an important question crossed her mind: “Mom, what about Souta?” ((Me? be evil and stop here? Naw, two pages is way too short for a chapter))
 
Gin snapped her head up at the question and grinned slightly at the question. “No, your brother is normal, at least as normal as any human in the Higurashi line. He has a different father, the man you most likely know as who was your father. But not biologically. What happened is that he found out you were hanyou and not his, and left.” Kagome settled onto Inuyasha's lap and smiled at the fact of Souta being normal. At least as normal as a boy living in a shrine and having dormant miko powers.
 
Kagome looked up at her clock that said 1:30. “Shouldn't we have lunch now? It's past noon, and I haven't had anything since 7:00 this morning.” Kagome asked, looking at her brother out the window.
 
Gin let out a riotous laugh that Kagome hadn't heard in a long time. Kagome smiled at her mom's retreating back. “I'll make lunch and call in the boys so you can talk with your boyfriend,” Gin said from the doorframe and left. The girl blushed furiously and turned to Inuyasha questioningly.
 
“Are we… are we really a couple?” she said, taking up her mother's chair. Kagome grabbed her new necklace and looked at it. The pendant looked exactly like her “birth mark” on her arm. Kagome looked down at her body wondering exactly how much of it was a disguise.
 
“Ahh!” Kagome yelped as she realized that she was still wearing her green bikini. “Inuyasha, why don't you help mom as I get some real clothes on, okay?” Kagome asked, her voice faltering slightly. Inuyasha eyed her up and down again, savoring her mostly bare flesh. Kagome stood up and pointed to the door, “Out! Before I say the S-word!” Inuyasha gulped and sped out the door, slamming it behind him.
 
Kagome sighed and put her head in her hands. “Who am I?” she asked. “I'm Kagome Higurashi, a miko priestess. And… and a hanyou…” Kagome whispered to herself. She sighed and coughed at the same time before she got up to get dressed.
 
Inuyasha pressed his hand to the door gently before he went downstairs. He could only guess what she was feeling right now, and it wasn't good. His dog-like ears picked up Kagome's voice inside and resisted the urge to answer her. <You're a beautiful human, and a beautiful hanyou. You are mine and I am yours> he thought as he walked back downstairs.
 
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
 
“About time you came down Kagome!” Souta said from his place around the table. She sat down next to Inuyasha and across from her mother. She had finally chosen a green tank top and mini Jean-shorts. Inuyasha mentally nodded his approval at her choice of clothes.
 
Kagome stared down at her bowl of ramen, absently picking at it. The last thing she wanted was to talk to her mom. Then again, it was nice of her to send Ji-chan and Souta out of the house. Kagome smiled slightly as she thought this.
 
“What's so funny?” Souta asked, looking at Kagome out of the corner of his eye. Something was different with his sister that he could only sense.
 
“Nothing…just something mom did earlier, that's all,” Kagome said absently, returning the glance at her brother.
 
Ji-chan cleared his throat and the family looked up at him. “Nice necklace you have, Kagome. If I'm correct, it's your fathers,” he commented. Kagome nodded slightly and took a bite of noodles.
 
Souta nodded slightly as he took a sip of his soda. <That's it, Kagome's necklace is what is different. She's never worn it before. Okay> Souta thought dismissively.
 
<Whew, that was close! The last thing we need is Souta to get suspicious of Kagome's changes. Even if they are subtle for now> Ji-chan thought, following his grandson's suit with his tea.
 
“If your not eating those, can I have them?” Inuyasha asked, lightly grabbing Kagome's bowl. The look in his eyes could have not been described better as hungry puppy-dog. The group chuckled as he grabbed the bowl.
 
The tension breaker worked and Kagome looked up. She tried to push the events of the day into the back of her mind and smiled. She should try to enjoy her family while she could. The smile ended up being a fake one that fooled everyone except for Gin.
 
“Kagome, when I'm done here, I need to speak to you,” Gin said, winding some noodles onto her chopsticks. Kagome nodded and stood up, taking her table set with her. She had a feeling that she was going to continue their chat from earlier.
 
“I'm going to be outside when you get done Mom,” Kagome said, eyeing Inuyasha's turned ear, “ by the tree line by the well house,” Kagome whispered so only Inuyasha could hear.
 
Kagome needed to think. And the throb in her head from the news and from the bump didn't help. She sat down under her favorite tree and closed her eyes. What more did her mom have to say to make things better than they already were... or worse.
 
“Hey Inuyasha,” Kagome said, not even bothering to move her eyelids open.
 
Inuyasha smiled and sat down next to her. Even if Kagome didn't notice it, her senses were sharpening very slightly every day. She even had an unwavering trace of hanyou blood in her scent now that made it even sweeter. Shippou wouldn't even notice the hint for a while because of his untrained nose.
 
She leaned in between the tree and Inuyasha and sighed. He stroked her hair gently. Kagome was definitely getting stronger also. That backpack of hers seemed to get heavier every time she came back to feudal Japan.
 
“Kagome, have you noticed anything different about yourself lately?” Inuyasha pondered.
 
“Mmm… no, not really. Except for my obvious birth mark, of course. But since I met you, I have been feeling stronger and more certain about myself,” Kagome commented, ready for an afternoon nap. Inuyasha nodded and stopped stroking her hair.
 
“There you are! And in the perfect place for the next part of our discussion!” Gin said, jogging up to the couple. Kagome looked up in the all-too-familiar look.
 
Gin sat down against the wall of the shrine and looked at them. “Have you ever wondered why only you and Inuyasha can get through the well?” she asked, motioning to the building behind her.
 
Kagome shrugged as she sat up against the tree. “No, not really,”
 
Gin sighed to start off her next recitation: “This well is magic in it's components. It only allows two at a time, of opposite races. In this case, human and demon have to enter at the same time. More commonly, hanyou have the easiest and most simple way to use it. Since they, you, have both demon and human blood in the same body. That's why Souta, Shippou and I can't use the well.”
 
Kagome had her mouth open in a silent “oh” of not completely getting the subject, but pretending to anyway.
 
Gin went silent for a second, thinking of a subject that would interest her daughter more. “Hmm…hey! Have you ever heard the destinies of yin and yang?” she said, looking brightly at her future son-in-law and daughter.
 
The two were thoroughly stumped. They had heard various stories about the concept, but didn't know why it was related to them now.
 
“This particular story is passed down on your father's side and he always told it to you when you were little. The story goes like this: There were once five great demon lords of Japan: the white dog, the black dog, the great dragon, the great vixen- I guess she was a great lady-, and the great tiger. The black dog and the white dog were once members of the great dog tribe. There were many colors: gray, red, brown, gold and others,” Gin looked up and smiled, this story reminded her of Kagome's father.
 
“One day, a great prophet came to the pack and pulled aside the black and white dogs -both your ancestors, not your fathers- and spoke to them. “You have a great destiny for your descendants; the power of yin and yang will be strong with them and their line. The light with dark hair and the dark with light hair will join. Both from different ages than the other. And both not complete dogs, either. You will see!” the old woman cackled and disappeared in lights.” Gin did jazz hands around her face to simulate the “lights.”
 
Kagome and Inuyasha looked at each other, rolling their eyes after a second.
 
Gin continued: “the two fated for each other will finally join the pack together and unite the lands after the almost eternal split of territories.” Gin sighed at the finally of the story and grinned at the look on the teenagers faces. It was priceless!
 
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////////////////////////////////////////////
 
Is that long enough of a chapter for you guys and girls? I hope so! And look, no cliffhanger!
 
The details that are “borrowed” ideas are:
Kagome being a hanyou
her dad being the demon in the family
And that's it, now find that story! It's a good one!
 
=Dark Inu Fan=