InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birth Marks ❯ past meets future heir ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yes, I admit freely that I am pure evil with a capital `E.' someone was confused by the term blood-bond brothers, so here is the definition: blood-bond brothers are best friends (in this case, two guys, so its brother) that decide to form a permanent bond with each other. What they do is (please don't try this at home) slit a cut on their palms and place the wounds together. The blood is exchanged between the two friends and creates a blood-bond. This is seen in the movie The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood. In the demonic sense, the two that are blood-bonded also gain some traits of the other. Like when Raizen has his guard down, his hair turns black, and Reichou's hair has blonde streaks in it when he fights. The bonding is like a less formal form of the adoption between Rin and Sesshomaru. I hope that this helped you.
 
Disclaimer: if you haven't heard of the name before in the show Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha, it's mine.
 
Chapter 21: past meets future heir
 
Last time: Kagome started shaking slightly, looking to Inuyasha for help. The only response that she got was a look that clearly said: your mess, get yourself out of it. Kagome took a deep breath that betrayed her next answer, “I have been told that you are my father, Reichou-sama,” Kagome let out, barely even audible to her own ears.
 
This time: Reichou leaned forward slightly, trying to catch the words that came out of the female hanyou's mouth, “what did you say? I thought that you just said that you were my daughter! That would be impossible because I have never been with any woman that I know of.”
 
“its true sir,” Kagome whispered just loud enough for the three others to hear. Reichou flushed and then burst out laughing.
 
“you, a person I only met five minutes ago, expect me, the black dog-demon lord, to believe that you are of my blood?” he burst out laughing again, “come here, whelp.” A black tendril of magic snaked its way around Kagome's body and suspended her upside-down mere inches from her `father.'
 
His face suddenly serious, he snorted on the miko-hanyou, “and what proof, if any, do you have for me? Because if you are truly lying, I will send you to my soldiers to kill you, no matter what your `mate' says.” Kagome paled, but nodded vigorously.
 
“I…I think I can show you `proof' if you just free one of my hands so I can get it out,” Reichou looked dubious, “please, I can't prove anything unless I show you with my hands! I can't tell you anything because I don't remember you enough to prove anything!” Reichou relaxed his hand gesture holding the magic tendrils in place enough for Kagome to move her hand to the top of her haori.
 
She ran one of her claws along her collarbone to snag the gold-twist chain that was specific to the dog-print pendant. Using her fingers, she delicately worked the necklace out from her haori and torso-binding (in my story she gave up on the Victoria's Secret bra for something that would get her breasts out of the way (especially shooting her arrows)), careful not to let the bottle of jewel-shards and a Celtic knot pendant fall out.
 
Kagome held up the pendant for Reichou's inspection, holding it up to compare with the nearly-identical one around his own neck. “I'm from 500 years in the future and my mom gave that to me when I found out that you were my dad and not some human bastard's,” Kagome's voice dripped venomously for a moment and Reichou looked up suspiciously.
 
“where did you get this, pup?” Kagome flinched at her `father's' tone.
 
“I told you, my mom gave that to me 500 years in the future!” Kagome pleaded, looking up… at the floor… in defeat.
 
“eb enim erevfor, ym evol, ym dlihc,” Kagome sang, a tone of sadness in her voice, “peels erevfor ni ym smra, ym byba llod.” (translation: be mine forever, my love, my child. Sleep forever in my arms, my baby doll) Reichou joined Kagome with the second half of the lullaby, muttering most of the words in thought.
 
“where did you learn that, seer?” he asked, tightening the cords of black once again around the girl.
 
“I'm not a seer, but that's the only thing I remember from my dad alright!” the rebellious fire lit her eyes, “and are you going to let me go or not?” with that, Reichou released his grip on the spell, allowing Kagome to meet gravity and study the lovely marble and jade pattern for a second. Then she felt red arms surround her and pull her flush to his body.
 
“the only person aside from me that knew that song was my mother, and she's dead. You are trustworthy… for now,” Reichou took one last look at his daughter before turning, “if you are willing, stay the night.” He waved a servant that was in the shadows off to get a guest room prepared.
 
The shadow moved and slipped out of the doors quietly, leaving the hanyou couple completely alone. Once done, Kagome slumped down to the floor (which she had met earlier) and looked up at Inuyasha, “I told you he was an ass,” he mumbled, keeping on alert to who could be potentially dangerous. Kagome nodded and leaned her back against Inu's legs, almost tipping him off balance.
 
There were a few moments of companionable silence before a red-headed demon came in. “yer `oom er `eady, milady,” he said and bowed with a flourish of his crimson locks, revealing a small horn directly behind his bangs. It took a second for Kagome to `hit pause' `rewind' and `slow play' his phrase before nodding and standing up with Inuyasha's help.
 
The red-head grinned and led the way, “Jin's the name and wind's my game, pleased to meet you!” he held his hand out to Kagome. She took it gently and shook it, smiling back hesitantly. “don' worry, onna, I `on't bite you. I heard that you said that you were Reichou's kid from the future, `ow can that be?”
 
Inuyasha was only paying half his attention to the babbling idiot, the rest memorizing the layout of the castle in case of a quick retreat needed. “she's not going to tell you how, wind demon,” Inuyasha growled out, stepping close to Kagome.
 
Jin nodded, sensing the best way to keep his life was to shut up, and led them down the hall to a shoji door. He opened it and allowed the guests in. “this is the guest wing and I hope you like your room. We don't have many guests here right now, so if you need anything, just yell for me.” He bowed himself out and shut the door.
 
“I don't trust him,” Inuyasha stated simply, breaking the few seconds of silence. Kagome turned from the door to Inuyasha, giving him her version of a death glare.
 
“if that is the Jin that I think he is, he won't cause us any trouble.” She said, remembering one of the e-mails that she had gotten from her cousin, detailing about the tournament he was in and who he met.
 
“he's a wind demon if you didn't hear him,” Inuyasha waved his hand out in the general direction of the door. Kagome turned to face him fully, placing her hands on her hips and placing an I-really-don't-want-to-do-this-right-now look on her features.
 
“not all wind demons are evil. And if you're implying Kagura, she doesn't want to fight you ever! If you would pay attention before barging in, you would notice that she doesn't really fight unless she's being watched…” a knock on the shoji frame cut Kagome's tirade short.
 
Kagome sighed quietly and opened the door to see a young girl, about 8 or 9, holding a folded kimono and shaking slightly from nervousness. Kagome bent down to the girl's height and smiled gently, “yes, is there anything that you want?”
 
The girl nodded enthusiastically and held up the kimono, “my masters wish for you and lord Inuyasha to join them for dinner tonight as their guests. If you want, there is an indoors artificial hot spring that you can use!”
 
Kagome looked back to Inuyasha for permission, “I don't smell anything evil, and you trust them, but keep up your guard.” With Inuyasha's version of permission, the two girls left for the guest bath house. Inuyasha growled to himself slightly and closed the shoji.
 
Inuyasha found that their room was an outside one that led to a porch for watching the sun set over the mountains. The moment he sat down on the porch, another knock came from the shoji. “WHAT!?!” Inuyasha yelled, seriously not wanting to get up from his seat.
 
“L…Lord Inuyasha, my masters noticed that you were in traveling clothing when you were in audience with them and requested that…that you would wear something from here.” Inuyasha looked around the outer shoji to look at what he suspected to be the earlier servant's twin. This one was a boy and they both had electric-blue hair cut in what Kagome said was a pixie-cut.
 
After a few seconds, Inuyasha nodded and allowed him into the room to prepare him for the castle's standard of being presentable.
 
Laalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaalaala alaalaa
 
“Oh, this feels so GOOD!” Kagome giggled, sinking into the whirl-pool sized steaming bath. (about 25' X 25'X 4')
 
“let me wash your hair, lady Kagome!” the blue-haired girl called from her kneeling position on the edge of the pool. Kagome nodded and sunk down to the bottom of the pool, thoroughly soaking her hair. Kagome popped up right at the edge, startling the girl.
 
“sorry about that, Elektra (want see that movie!),” she said as she sat on the built-in bench and leaned against the edge. Elektra started in on Kagome's hair with the sakura scented shampoos while Kagome used the same scented soaps with a wash-towel. “do you like working here Elektra?” Kagome asked absently, hoping to strike up a conversation instead of plain silence.
 
“oh, yes, Kagome-sama! I get to work indoors, I have a nice room, and when I'm lucky, I get to see Jin-sama when he's working out!” Elektra let out a set of giggles before tapping Kagome to signal her to wash the shampoo out.
 
Kagome came back up and sent Elektra a sly look, “so you like him, don't you?”
 
She nodded, then looked around if afraid to be heard, “please don't tell the young master, Kagome-sama! I'd be crushed if he finds out!”
 
Kagome nodded dutifully, “only if you stop calling me `Sama', it makes me sound important,” Kagome grinned at herself.
 
“but you are important! You're Inuyasha-sama's female! And you say that you're Reichou-sama's daughter!” Elektra accidentally pulled Kagome's hair slightly in her panic.
 
Kagome winced slightly and put her hand over Elektra's, “its okay, now how much more time do I have to enjoy this bath?” Kagome dunked her hair again to get the second round of shampoo off.
 
“only a few more minutes if you want to be on time with the lords. Because we still have to do your hair and you have to pick out a kimono!” Elektra was a true girly-girl for a demoness. Her favorite time with the female guests was picking out the kimono and she had the perfect idea for lady Kagome: a baby blue one with yellow vines on the sleeves. The obi would be yellow also. That was perfect!
 
“I'm ready to go!” Kagome said, stepping out of the pool and grabbing a robe while the servant was zoning out, “thinking about your boyfriend?” she whispered in the girl's ear, causing her to jump and almost fall into the pool. Kagome caught her elbow and prevented a splash-down.
 
“H-hai, lets go pick your kimono,” she suggested, all the while blushing to the roots of her hair, effectively turning them purple. Kagome grinned and followed her to the changing rooms.
 
)()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()()()()()()()(
 
“please Inuyasha-sama! You have to wear the paint!” he agreed to the new Gi, he agreed to brush out and calm his unruly hair, he even agreed to a small haircut (only two inches) but barely. Painting royal markings on his face went too far! Yeah, they were there already, stripes and moon, but they were the same color of his face and could only be seen when looked for closely.
 
“no!” the boy, Denki (electricity), held up the purple and maroon paints and put on his most pleading face. Inuyasha took one look at the boy and somehow a mental recording of Kagome ran through his head:
 
“ come on Inuyasha! its only this once and you'll look cute with it on!” he protested then and Kagome still crammed the baseball cap on over his ears.
 
Inuyasha shuddered at the memory, his ears had hurt for a week afterward! And besides, the paint wasn't as lethal as he made it out to be. Inuyasha grudgingly nodded, sitting down and letting the boy outline his cheek stripes in purple before filling them in with the same color. He tried to smooth out the jagged edges, but Inuyasha stopped him, not liking how the `smooth edge' looked like a thicker version of his brother's stripes.
 
Next was the crescent moon, hidden by Inuyasha's unruly bangs (you never see Inuyasha's forehead in the series or manga, so in my story Inuyasha has a crescent like his brother), was painted a darker shade of pink to look almost maroon. In all, the painting made Inuyasha's markings the exact opposite colors of Sesshomaru's. Inuyasha looked into a polished silver mirror and groaned, he looked royal!
 
By now, Inuyasha's mantra was coming full force: `this is for Kagome, this is for Kagome, this is for Kagome…' “I hate looking like my brother!” he messed up his bangs from where they were parted to show his crescent and to make his dog-ears look smaller.
 
“I'm sorry if I displease you, Inuyasha-sama, but I am only following orders and I have no idea what your brother looks like.” Denki was shaking again, like he was expecting to be struck for his stupidity. Inuyasha may hit Shippou constantly, but it was only when he needed it. This boy here didn't need to act like this.
 
“dude,” Inuyasha didn't notice that he'd used one of Kagome's futuristic words, “its okay. I won't hit you and I only don't like being reminded that I'm royal most of the time. You don't have to call me `sama' if you don't want to.” Inuyasha let his uncaring mask slip for a second as he looked at the diminutive servant boy.
 
The boy nodded, “now that you are prepared, we can go to the dinner hall and wait for your mate.”
 
Inuyasha restrained himself, only yelling at the boy in his mind, `she's not my mate!' Instead, he looked calmly at the boy and stood up, “lead the way.”
 
)O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O)O()O()O(
 
the shoji screen slid open to reveal the female servant that had taken Kagome for the bath, “may I present lady Kagome of the great dog clans,” she said, sliding the door completely open to reveal…(should I stop? - readers get out floppy discs of viruses- NOOO! I don't need any more viruses!)
 
…to reveal the most beautiful thing in the world: Kagome. She was wearing the blue kimono and had her hair tied up in a complex knot, keeping some strands down to frame her face. Her face was carefully schooled, keeping the look of divinity, in fact she practically glowed with beauty. “you truly look like a princess now, Kagome” Reichou turned to Inuyasha, “and she's quite a catch under those rags that she had on earlier!”
 
a flicker of wrath passed Kagome's eyes before kneeling down beside Inuyasha and across Raizen (who actually put on a shirt - it was yellow). Inuyasha helped her kneel stiffly while getting a flash of her thoughts, `Damn this kimono, Damn this obi, I CAN'T BREATHE!' Inuyasha blinked in shock, were these his thoughts, or did he really hear her thoughts?
 
Inuyasha leaned in close to Kagome and whispered in her ear, “don't worry, I'll try to make dinner quick and then I can help you get out of that binding.” Kagome sent him a quick `thank you' with her eyes before turning her attention to Reichou.
 
“I have heard rumors, Inuyasha, that you are hunting for the jewel shards with a miko that wears a sluttishly short skirt. Maybe that's what I should tell Uwakionna (bimbo, slut. A character that you will meet at Sesshomaru's ball)! To close up that top and rip off her bottom!” Reichou laughed, soaking in the hanyou's embarrassment.
 
“who is this `Uwakionna' person, Inuyasha? anyone I should know?” Kagome asked, staring at him from the corner of her eye.
 
“no, it's just a wench that has been after my political power since I can remember. She thinks that an open top will attract me and get me to mate with her,” Inuyasha saw Kagome's suspicious glare, he had to defend himself before he got sat, “she's nothing like Kikyo! I never like Uwakionna! She's a slut!”
 
“so what about that miko? I heard that you don't go anywhere without her, for personal reasons I presume…” Raizen butted in, knowing that they were trying to split the young couple up so they had their chance at the young demoness Raizen was sitting across. (yes, they're guttered)
 
Both Inuyasha and Kagome turned red at that statement. That had crossed the line, “um, excuse me, but I'M that miko that you are so charmingly referring to. And our relationship is nothing that concerns you, thank you.” Kagome was red from anger and it resulted in a red stone mask. She oh-so-gently reminded them of Sesshomaru then.
 
“you do not speak up unless spoken too wench!” Raizen stood up and leaned over the low table to teach her some manners.
 
Inuyasha caught his wrist before it was even close to her face, “Raizen-sama, I will teach my mate to hold her tongue in public in the privacy of our room, NOT in front of others. And it is not your responsibility to punish her either, Reichou.”
 
This is when the meal was brought in. `saved by the dinner bell' Kagome thought, picking up her chopsticks and trying to remember her best table manners. `okay, elbows off table, be silent, and eat small bites' she thought, admiring all the wonderful food, including garden rice (fried rice) and sashimi sushi (raw sushi). The nice thing about meal time is that the meals were best done properly in silence.
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
it was later that night, there had been no other major mishaps and Inuyasha excused himself and Kagome early because she looked nearly pale enough to pass out. A double futon had been put in their room while they were at dinner and they both blushed at that.
 
“come here. I'll get you out of your obi before you pass out for the night.” Kagome nodded gratefully and backed up into Inuyasha's arms. After a few seconds, Kagome took a heavy, and needed, breath. “consider that obi your punishment for talking out of turn earlier. It was right to defend yourself, but that was not the place.”
 
Inuyasha untangled the pale green securing ribbon from the obi and handed it to Kagome to tie the undermost kimono shut. “domo arigatou gozaimasu (thank you very much) Inuyasha!” she exclaimed, flopping down on the futon to catch her breath from not being able to move for the past hour or so. Kagome had something like 10 layers on and she striped them off for favor of the white yukata underneath.
 
Inuyasha watched the display of `freedom' with amusement, ending up falling on the futon side closer to the outer door (that Inuyasha had left cracked open). “feel better?” Kagome nodded and proceeded to lift her chin to look behind her (or above her) to the garden that was outside the shoji screen. “you do know that how you have your head is a way to submit to a male, don't you?” Inuyasha growled slightly, stepping closer to his `victim.'
 
“no, but should I worry?” Kagome smirked, looking at Inuyasha down her nose, but keeping her neck exposed.
 
Inuyasha kneeled down beside her, something foreign dancing in his eyes, “with most other males, yes.” He whispered in her ear, sending shivers down her spine. She moved her head to look Inuyasha in the eye with that same foreign look in her eye, but not as needy. “get used to wearing that type of kimono. While we were waiting for you,” Inuyasha sent Kagome a small glare, “Reichou and Raizen offered that we can stay until the ball and we can travel together up there. You can get to know your father better.”
 
“but what about the others?” Kagome was propped up on her elbows, giving Inuyasha full view (sigh, gutter).
 
“we…we'll send them a letter to tell them our plans. They'll be fine.” Inuyasha's eyes weren't quite making it to the face.
 
Kagome sat up fully, “you know how to write in human, so you send it,” she suggested, walking outside to watch the sun.
 
All intentions went out the proverbial window and Inuyasha stood behind Kagome, “with us staying here, they offered to train you in their `techniques'.”
 
“what?!”
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
good place to stop and not much of a cliffie. I DO have a valid excuse for the past 3 weeks! The first week my computer was in the ER with something like 22 viruses. the second week I was working on my e-mails, 150/160 were new chapters that I read. And the third week I was really typing this on top of my homework. I hope that this satisfies you guys.
 
Oh, and hate reviews really do work! -rolls eyes- what can you do to stop others aside from yourself to stop reading. dark