InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birthday Wishes ❯ A Demon's Weakness ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: No I don't own InuYasha or any of the other characters. I don't know why they say time heals all wounds when it doesn't! Wahhhhhhhhhh! *goes to dark cave and types on laptop*

Thanks again PimpTroyce! You once again gave me a long review. I appreciate it! I also want to thank Nikki, Maddi, Shadow Kitsune67, and Sheenachi. This chapter is for all of you!

"Sesshomaru?"

"Yes?"

"I have a question."

"Then ask it."

Kagome heaved a huge sigh and asked the inevitable question that Sesshomaru had been dreading.

"Are we there Yet?"

"No."

"Oh."

Silence.

"How about now?"

"No."

Silence.

"Now?"

"No."
< br> Silence.

"Now?"

"..."

"Sesshomaru?"

"..."

"Woohoo! Anybody home? Sesshomaru?"

"Remember when I said I wasn't even considering dropping you?"

"Yeah."

"Well, you are starting to make me regret that. Now, don't ask that question again."

After a couple of minutes of silence. Kagome finally got up the courage to speak again.

"Sesshomaru?"

"Yes?"

"Are we there yet?"

---------------oOo---------------

After ten excruciating minutes...

"How about now?"

"..."

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

And after Sesshomaru answered her he dropped her.

"AHHHHHHHH! OKAY I GET THE POINT I WON'T ASK AGAIN! PLEASE JUST HELP ME!"

Sesshomaru gracefully flew under her and caught her five seconds before she would have hit the ground.

"I can't believe you dropped me." Kagome said near tears.

"I caught you, did I not?"

"How can you say that like it was nothing?"

"Because I knew I could catch you. I was simply teaching you a lesson."

"A LEASON!"

Sesshomaru cringed at the high pitch in her voice. He was surprised his sensitive ears didn't start bleeding. He didn't know how he was going to survive living with her.

"You wouldn't stop talking."

Kagome quickly shut her mouth as Sesshomaru started off towards the clearing where Rin and Jaken awaited. He noticed a sniffling sound from Kagome and looked down at her.

"What causes your tears?"

"You *hiccup* don't have to be so mean to *hiccup* me." Kagome got out before she started sobbing silently.

"You don't have to cry, girl."

"I have a *hiccup* name you know. Could you please *hiccup* call me by it?"

"If you wish. I suppose I could do that since you are assisting me with Rin. Kagome, right?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Then I wish to ask you to do something."

"O-*hiccup*-kay."

"Please stop your crying. I can't stand to see women cry."

"Okay." Kagome said with a smile.

'So the big bad Sesshomaru doesn't like to see people cry. Here I thought he didn't have a weakness.' Kagome thought to herself.

Sesshomaru looked back down at Kagome and noticed a small smile creeping its way on her lips.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Nothing. I just didn't know that your weakness would be tears. Here I thought it would be something more, I don't know, violent."

"I have no weaknesses."

"Sure you do. Everyone does, you just have less than most people."

"Hmph."

"Sesshomaru?"

"Yes?"

' She had better not ask what I think she's going to ask.'

"What are Rin's symptoms?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean did she have a fever, a stomache, or stuffy nose?"

"I don't know. She just didn't smell the way she normally does."

"When did her scent change?"

"The night I went to find you."

"So she's been alone for a night and a day?" Kagome nearly shouted.

"No, I left her with Jaken."

"Oh yeah, that's a lot better." Kagome said sarcasticlly followed by an exasperated eye roll.

"Do not roll your eyes at me."

"I'm not. I'm rolling my eyes at your poor parental instincts."

"Parental instincts?"

"Well yeah! Even you have parental instincts, otherwise you wouldn't be taking such good care of Rin."

"I don't appreciate sarcasm."

"I'm not being sarcastic. You really are taking good care of Rin."

At that Sesshomaru's eyes widened a fraction and he blinked two times holding a confused look on his face.

"I know you don't like me that much and I realize how hard it must have been for you to come to me for help. No offense, but you're more like InuYasha than you realize."

Kagome earned a growl from the demon lord, but she continued her little speech.

"You both have huge egos and you both have a lot of pride."

"Priestess you try my patience..."

"Just let me finish."

Sesshomaru held in a growl and allowed her to finish speaking.

"Sesshomaru you take good care of Rin, because you chose to push aside your pride and hatred of me and InuYasha to do what was best for Rin. That's what makes you a good parent."

"I am not a parent."

"Sure you are. You're the one who takes care of her and sees that her needs are met. You're the one who protects her from danger and you're the one who is teaching her what do act like when she gets older. I'm pretty sure that that fits the definition of a parent. Don't you think so?"

Sesshomaru was stunned to say the least. What could he say to that? He couldn't say anything. He tightened his grip on Kagome and flew higher.

"Eep! Why are we going so high?!"

"Because it will be easier to see the clearing."

"You forgot?!"

"Don't be a fool. I would be able to smell where they are even if I did forget. From this height I can see any danger from miles around and within half the time it would take me if I went on foot searching."

"Oh."

Minutes passed by when they finally came by the clearing. Sesshomaru slowly descended down to a snoring Jaken and a sick Rin.

"Lord Sesshomaru! You're back!" Rin shouted between coughs.

Kagome couldn't believe what she was seeing!


A/N: I hope this chapter was long enough for all of you! Sorry it took me awhile to update. Please read my other story, too. Not as many people read that one :(

-AnimeGurlie