InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ To Get Over Her ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
 
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
 
An: I'm so happy so many of you like my story. ^_^ Though, it's seemingly more popular on ff.net rather than mm.org. Here's chapter 4!
 
 
To Get Over Her
 
 
The wedding was beautiful. Kagome wiped the little drops of tears from her eyes. She only hoped this marriage didn't end like her own. `Houjo…'
 
The face of her ex-husband suddenly appeared into her mind's eye. She hated him for what he did to Shippo and herself…
 
She gritted her teeth in remembrance. She, then, took a deep breathe to calm herself. She wasn't going to make a scene at someone's wedding reception.
 
She walked out of the bathroom.
 
Besides, what Houjo Mabuchi did wasn't the worst thing an ex had done to her. It was just second.
 
Her musings were cut off when she spotted that dog eared human. `They could be cat ears too…' she thought before she realized that he was headed straight for her, and quickly.
 
And he looked more than a bit miffed.
 
He grabbed her arm none too gently and pulled her against him; staring angrily into her eyes.
 
“Who do you think you are?!” she asked angrily.
 
“Don't act like I'm the wrong one! What do you think you're doing here?!”
 
“I was invited, you jerk!”
 
“Yeah right, why'd you really come here? Did you come to twist the knife just a bit more to see if it still hurts?!”
 
What are you talking about?! I don't even know you!” Kagome shouted, was this guy some paranoid lunatic? She so didn't need this.
 
“That's mature, Kikyo! You're a fucking bitch you know that?!”
 
Realization dawned on Kagome as she felt her anger ebbing away, although she was less than happy at being mistaken for her darling cousin.
 
“Listen, I'm not-“
 
“Inuyasha, what are you doing with my guest?” she was cut off by Miroku as he came up to them.
 
----
 
“What?! You invited her? Why?! You know what she did to me!” Inuyasha growled.
 
It was then Miroku realized what was happening. “Inuyasha, I suggest you let go of Ms. Higurashi.”
 
“Higurashi?” Inuyasha repeated and looked back to the girl he had a hold of. His eyes widened as he smelled her scent, nothing at all like Kikyo's, and her eyes were different too. When he really looked at her she didn't look so much like Kikyo as his anger motivated mind led him to believe.
 
He let go of her quickly. She looked up at him, god, she was even shorter than Kikyo. Did he feel like an idiot or what?
 
“Inuyasha, meet Kagome Higurashi.” Miroku told him.
 
Inuyasha racked his brain; the name seemed familiar to him. That was it, she was Kikyo's cousin! He remembered the many nights Kikyo came home angry over her cousin Kagome and some fight they had, he never got the details of the fight but he did catch her name in all of Kikyo's cursed mutters.
 
“Kikyo's cousin.” Inuyasha stated.
 
Kagome nodded her head.
 
Miroku's eyes widened, “Actually I was going to say, `The woman who brought me the love of my life.'” He turned to look at Kagome, “You're really her cousin?”
 
Kagome grimaced, “Just by blood.”
 
Inuyasha stared her down, “Feh.” He muttered and walked back to the reception. He knew, of course, that Miroku and Kagome were right behind him. Miroku apologizing for him.
 
 
FLASH
 
 
Kagome turned off the radio in her car as she drove home. She had a headache.
 
She loved the weddings, but she hated the receptions. Sure, she had a little fun after her initial problem with Inuyasha. But then Sango, like all the other brides before her, started showing her off to all her friends, telling them how she was the happiest she'd ever been because of her.
 
It got really bad when Miroku joined her in it. Why did the couples always have to make such a big deal about it? It wasn't like she did it out of the kindness of her heart. Kagome was paid to do it!
 
She parked her car and walked inside her home. She smiled when she saw Shippo and Rin passed out on the couch together.
 
She put down her keys and purse on the coffee table before she picked up her son carefully and tucked him into his own bed. She then walked back out into the living room and put a light blanket over her best friend.
 
After making sure that both Shippo and Rin were fine and still sleeping, she wasted no time kicking off her shoes and collapsing on her bed in her room.
 
 
FLASH
 
 
It had been three whole days since the wedding and everything had gone back to normal, well as normal as things could be when you're a married man.
 
Miroku smiled at his wife as she cooked breakfast. She smiled back at him, but dropped it just as quickly.
 
“What's wrong, my dearest Sango?”
 
She shrugged her shoulders, “I just feel so bad for Inuyasha. He's all alone…”
 
Miroku nodded his head; here he was enjoying the married life while his best friend sat lonely at his empty house, still pining after Kikyo too, no doubt.
 
Suddenly an idea popped into his head, “That's it!”
 
Sango looked at him with a confused look on her face, “What's it?”
 
“Kagome! She's perfect!”
 
She furrowed her brows, “What are you talking about?”
 
“Kagome can get Inuyasha's mind off Kikyo! I mean, what better way to get over one woman than to meet another?”
 
Sango shook her head, “I don't think Kagome's his type.”
 
Miroku chuckled, “No, my love. Kagome can introduce Inuyasha to his one true love; just like she did for us. All of those lives she brought together, the woman's brilliant, she'll be able to find that one woman who can take his mind off of Kikyo and put an end to his loneliness!”
 
Sango's eyes brightened in realization. “That might work!”
 
 
Miroku stood up and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her to him, “No, it will work.” He told her as he captured her lips in a passionate kiss.
 
“Let's go celebrate for our dear friend.” Miroku said, lecherously as he picked up his wife and carried her to the bedroom.
 
Sorry I took a long time to get that done, I hope you all liked it though. Please review.