InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ The New Client ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
 
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
 
 
The New Client
 
 
“You want me to what?” Inuyasha asked with a blank look on his face.
 
“All you have to do is sign up and you're in! Blazing Hearts is the best matchmaking agency money can buy! Look at Sango and me.” Miroku informed his friend boastfully.
 
Inuyasha glared at them. “I'm not wasting my money so some dumbass can tell me who to date.”
 
Sango smirked, “We figured that much, that's why we're paying. And they're professionals; they know what they're doing. It's our gift to you.”
 
“Thanks, no thanks.”
 
“Inuyasha, you-“ she began.
 
“No.”
 
“Inuyasha, you can't expect us to believe you aren't lonely. Ever since Kikyo-“
 
Inuyasha growled, cutting Miroku off.
 
Miroku stared intently at him. “Ever since Kikyo left you, you haven't gone out with a single woman! You're a man, Inuyasha, and what you're doing is just not natural! We're males, we love women… except for me, I only love one woman.” He added quickly with a, slightly fearing, grin when he caught Sango glaring at him.
 
“No.”
 
“It's not like you're going to pay for it. Just go along, something good might happen.” Sango told him.
 
“Well, lucky you, you get to save money because I'm not going!”
 
 
FLASH
 
 
Come on, Kagome, you know you're curious.” Kagura said in her sultry voice.
 
“Kagura, do you ever do anything here but sit on Kagome's desk and hit on her?” Rin asked, smirk in place.
 
Kagome laughed at her friends.
 
“Yes she does,” Botan told them as she walked in.
 
“She flirts with any cute female clients.” Momiji finished.
 
Kagome smiled at the sisters. It was a rare occasion when you saw one Hitori sister without the other.
 
Momiji was the elder of the two, at twenty-two years, with short brown hair and brown eyes… a contrast to her little sister's, at twenty-one years, long blue hair and blue eyes.
 
Kagome guessed they probably only had one parent in common, but they never spoke of it.
 
Kagura, Kagome and Rin all stood up and all but ran to the women and embraced them in a group hug.
 
Momiji and Botan had been in America on vacation for the last month.
 
“So how was it? Meet any cute guys?” Rin asked excitedly.
 
Botan smiled shyly.
 
“Oh, what's going on?” Kagome asked, knowing what that smile meant.
 
“Botan met a nice young man, with big muscles and a tight ass.” Momiji answered for her.
 
Botan blushed madly and popped her big sister in the head. “Shut up!” she shouted.
 
They all, with the exception of Botan, laughed. “Calvin is a very nice man and I had a nice time with him.” She told them.
 
“She spent half our vacation with him, leaving me all alone.” Momiji sniffled dramatically.
 
Kagura shook her head, “Alright, we have work to do.” She said as she walked to her own desk.
 
Kagome, Rin, Momiji and Botan laughed. The only time Kagura wanted to work was when the topic of discussion was a man.
 
“What about you, Momiji, meet any nice men lately?” Rin asked, ever the gossip.
 
Momiji smiled, “Happily no. I'm still free as a bird, not tied down to a long distance relationship and allowed to do whatever the hell I want.”
 
“You're still with him?” Kagome asked Botan.
 
“Technically, yes. We're going to keep e-mailing each other and he's saving up to come here.”
 
“Ok, that's enough of Juliet's love life. What's been happening around here? It's… quiet.” Momiji stated.
 
“Yeah… where's that pervert client of yours, Kagome?” Botan asked looking around.
 
“You mean Mr. I-grope-anything-with-tits?” Kagura inquired.
 
“I'm pretty sure he had a different name, but yeah.” Momiji answered.
 
“Kagome married him off.” Rin told them.
 
“No way!” Botan exclaimed.
 
“You actually found that guy a girl he'll stick with?!” Momiji was shocked.
 
Kagome nodded, “Sango's a nice woman. She'll keep him in line.”
 
“From what I hear, she's kinda violent.” Rin told them.
 
“Cool.” Botan and Momiji said in unison.
 
FLASH
 
“I hate you both.” Inuyasha muttered when they got out of his car in front of the large building.
 
“You say that now, Inuyasha,” Miroku told him, “but when you have a beautiful woman sharing your bed, you'll love us to death.”
 
“Can we skip to the death part?” Inuyasha asked angrily.
 
“Hey, you agreed to come here.” Sango defended.
 
“Not like I had a choice.” He told her as they walked through the glass doors. Sango was pulling his ears and even threatened to cut them off if he didn't promise he'd come.
 
Some friends he had. He lit up a cigarette, “I still hate you.”
 
“You'll get over it.” Sango informed him as they walked up the stairs. “Now we already signed you up and you'll have the best matchmaker in the business.”
 
“And how do you know that?” he asked as they entered an office filled with desks. There was a demoness applying dark red lipstick to her, already overly painted, lips, some lady with pink streaks in her hair dancing to some American music, two other women talking incessantly… then his eyes fell on her.
 
“Because, she's the same one who took care of me.” Miroku told him.
 
“That was quick,” the brunette remarked dryly.
 
“Momiji! Botan! You're back from America!” Miroku exclaimed happily.
 
“I have a boyfriend now, lech.” Botan told him, hands behind her back; guarding her behind.
 
“You wound me, I'm a married man now!” he told them. “This is my lovely wife, Sango.”
 
“I hope you have a shock collar for that dog.” The demoness smirked.
 
“Kagura, must you be so mean to me?” Miroku asked.
 
“It's just her natural hatred for men. You know that.” The girl with pink streaks said as she walked up and gave Miroku a hug.
 
“Ah, Rin, I missed you. You should have come to the wedding with Kagome.”
 
“I would have but I had to baby-sit.” Rin smiled.
 
“I see,” Miroku said.
 
“Who's he?” Rin asked.
 
“This is Inuyasha, my friend.” He answered.
 
“That's what he thinks.” Inuyasha grumbled.
 
Miroku just laughed and led Inuyasha to her desk. Did he mention he hated his friends? She looked up at them and smiled. Inuyasha frowned at her. It was bad enough that his so called friends were making him go to this stupid match making thing but to have Kikyo's cousin be the one to tell him who to date was just wrong.
 
“Welcome to Blazing Hearts, Mr. Takahashi.”
 
“Inuyasha.” He corrected her disdainfully.
 
“Hm?”
 
“My name is Inuyasha. Mr. Takahashi is my stick-in-the-ass brother.”
 
“Oh, alright then, Inuyasha. You can call me Kagome; we at Blazing Hearts like to have a somewhat casual relationship with our clients. It makes a better environment for our type of work.” She said, with that stupid smile.
 
“Well, we'll leave you in Kagome's very capable hands.” Miroku said as he and Sango were already half way through the door.
 
He growled.
 
“So let's get started.”
 
He stared at Kagome intently, she was still smiling.
 
He hated her already.
 
 
Sorry it's been so long since my last update, with Christmas it was hectic and I went over my cousin's house so I couldn't get on. I hope you liked this, please review.