InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ After Math and Meeting the Son ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
 
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
 
 
After Math and Meeting the Son
 
 
“So happy with Kagura…”
 
The shock of hearing such a thing caused Kagome to lose balance and fall backwards off the swing. She sat up, “Ow…” her poor lower back was in some serious pain… she looked forward only to see the swing swinging in her direction and slam into the bridge of her nose.
 
She fell onto her back, eyes squeezed shut trying to block out the pain.
 
--
 
Inuyasha jumped off his own swing and picked Kagome up, then setting her on the grass away from the swing set, yet keeping his arms around her. “Are you ok??”
 
She groaned, “I'm fine.”
 
He sighed in relief and shook his head, “You're the clumsiest wench I ever met.”
 
She looked up at him and glared, “It's your fault.”
 
His brows shot up, “How's it my fault??”
 
“You freaked me out, that's how!” she insisted as she pulled herself out of his arms to sit on her knees in front of him. She stared intently in his eyes. “Now, explain.”
 
“Explain what?” he asked, maybe that swing hit her harder than he thought.
 
She narrowed her eyes, he could've sworn there was fire blazing in them; he moved back a few inches only to have her come closer to him. “Explain to me what made you think I was with Kagura.”
 
At that time Inuyasha moved in towards Kagome, “What did you expect me to think? Every time I come to Blazing Hearts, she's there, sitting on your desk and flirting with you! And you let her do it! How can you say you're not together?”
 
Kagome's eyes widened and she threw her hands up heavenward as she stood up abruptly. “You have to be kidding me! That's just Kagura! That's what she does! She comes to work, sits on my desk and hits on me! I even told her we wouldn't work out but that didn't stop her. And it doesn't bother me so I don't do anything. That doesn't mean I'm with her.”
 
Inuyasha blinked, “You mean… you're not lesbian?”
 
Kagome laughed, “No, I'm not. I can't believe you thought I was.”
 
He stared at her blankly, “If you don't want people thinkin' you're into girls, don't flirt with `em.”
 
----
 
“Owie…” Kagome whimpered.
 
“Don't be a baby.” He told her as he looked at her nose. They left the park and just got to Kagome's place. He sat her on the couch and insisted he take a look at it. And here they were five minutes later, him kneeling in front of her.
 
“But it hurts!”
 
“No kidding, you clocked yourself pretty hard with that swing.”
 
“That was your fault. Don't touch it! What's wrong with you??”
 
“I'm making sure it's not broken! Stop moving!”
 
“Don't yell at me!” she glared at him.
 
“Then do what I say and let me take care of you!” he glared back.
 
She coughed and blushed slightly. “Just hurry it up, ok?”
 
He sighed and nodded, “Ok.”
 
After a few moments of checking, “Well it's not broken, that's good, but you bruised it up bad.”
 
Kagome groaned, “How bad?”
 
“To the point where you could probably call the cops and have me arrested. Don't do that though.”
 
Kagome laughed at that and Inuyasha smirked. “Oh!” Kagome exclaimed.
 
“What is it?”
 
“It's three already!” She shouted standing up abruptly.
 
“Yeah, the point?” he asked, thoroughly confused. He stood up and followed her out the door.
 
“I have to pick up, Shippo. You can come with me.” She told him as she got in her car. Inuyasha shrugged to himself and got in on the passenger side.
 
“Who's Shippo?”
 
“He's my son.” She told him as she started the car.
 
Inuyasha's eyes went wide. First Kagome was straight and now she had a kid? There was so much he didn't know about his matchmaker and it surprised him how much he wanted to know. “You have a son?”
 
“Yes, I do.”
 
Inuyasha couldn't think of anything else to say during the drive. Kagome had a son. How old was he? Where the hell was the father? Hell, if he had a kid with her, he'd be around all the time. He shook his head. Where'd that come from?
 
He looked at her. Her eyes were on the road… she was cute. He could admit that couldn't he? He found her very attractive. That wasn't a bad thing. And the more time he spent with her, she wasn't so annoying. He could admit that too, right?
 
He stared at her face; the bridge of her poor nose was a dark purplish color. He wanted to kiss it to make it feel better. He looked away quickly after that thought. What was wrong with him?
 
Kagome parked the car and they waited in silence. It was an elementary school, so Kagome's son was still just a kid. He found himself fidgeting a little; he began wondering if Shippo would like him, although he wasn't sure why he wanted the kid to like him. He looked back at Kagome; she was staring at him with a smirk on her face. “What?” he asked in a slightly irritable tone.
 
She laughed at him, “You're nervous about meeting Shippo!”
 
“I am not.” He said defiantly.
 
“Oh, yes you are.”
 
“No, I'm not!”
 
“Yes, you are!”
 
They didn't get to finish their little argument as the bell rung and a swarm of children cascaded out of the school doors. Kagome got out of the car and stood against the car door. The next thing he knew a little red headed kid was climbing into the backseat and Kagome was back behind the wheel. “Buckle up, sweetheart.” She told the boy.
 
“Who're you?” Shippo asked.
 
“I'm Inuyasha.”
 
“Oh, so you're Mama's new client.”
 
Inuyasha nodded. Confusion etching through his being, Shippo wasn't human. He was a full blooded fox demon, how could he be Kagome's son? He opened his mouth but Kagome shut him up before he could say a word.
 
“Shippo's adopted.”
 
Oh. That answered his unspoken question.
 
“Mama, what happened to your nose?” Shippo asked, concern lacing his voice.
 
“Mama fell off a swing and it hit her.”
 
“You're supposed to hold on tight, Mama!”
 
“I know, honey, I'll remember that from now on.”
 
Shippo groaned, “I can't leave you alone for a minute!”
 
Kagome laughed, “I guess not.”
 
Inuyasha smiled as he listened to the playful banter between mother and son. He watched Kagome out of the corner of his eye. She was smiling and laughing, she was a great mom, he could tell already.
 
----
 
Shippo was playing videogames as Inuyasha sat on Kagome's bed as she applied more makeup to her nose. She made Inuyasha come in so she could have a second opinion on how much she'd need to hide it.
 
The bed was comfy, he almost felt like just falling onto his back and letting sleep overcome him. Sleeping in Kagome's bed… the thought didn't disgust him, in fact it was a rather intriguing idea… Kagome snapped him out of his thoughts.
 
“How's this?” she asked him.
 
Inuyasha shook his head, “Just leave it alone, you're putting too much on.” She looked better with the black and blue nose than with all that gunk on her nose.
 
She sighed, “I'll kill her.”
 
Inuyasha smirked, “How?”
 
“I don't know… I should force her on a date that'll make her want to die!”
 
Inuyasha furrowed his eyebrows, “What kind of guy wouldn't she like?”
 
Kagome looked at him, “Didn't you say your brother had a stick up his ass?”
 
Inuyasha frowned as he thought of Sesshomaru, “Yeah, he's a damn workaholic, has practically no emotions and he tries…” he trailed off as he watched Kagome's lips spread into an evil grin that would have the devil run off screaming like a terrified girl.
 
 
I'll stop this here. The next chapter should be up tomorrow, this would've been up earlier but I had homework and you know how that is. Anyway, I hope you like the chapter and review.