InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ Just Too Good ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
 
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
 
AN: This should have been up much sooner than this but, you know how it is with people demanding your time.
 
Just Too Good
 
“What makes you think he'll even agree to this?” Inuyasha grumbled as Kagome clung to his arm begging him to get his brother.
 
“Because it'd be doing his little brother a favor.” Kagome answered smiling, still not letting the hanyou go.
 
“One, it wouldn't be a favor to me `cause, news flash here, I don't care and two, you really don't know Sesshomaru.” He all but growled. “Let go of my arm.”
 
Kagome stuck her tongue out at him, “If you wanted me to let go so bad you would've made me. You're a hanyou and I'm human. I think you like it.” She said before she immediately let him go.
 
Inuyasha rolled his eyes and sat down on the couch. Kagome was staring at him and pouting... it was cute. He groaned, “What?”
 
“Please?”
“No.”
 
“Pretty please?”
 
“He won't do it.”
 
“Pretty please with ramen on top?”
 
“N- ramen?” Inuyasha asked, now totally interested on where this was going.
 
--
 
Kagome smirked, oh, she had him. “I'll make you a deal, Inuyasha, if you get Sesshomaru to go on this date, I will have hot ramen waiting for you every time you come into Blazing Hearts for a month.”
 
“Two.”
 
“A month and a half.”
 
“Deal.” He agreed.
 
They shook hands and Kagome smiled. However her smile faltered a bit when he said, “But if you find me a girl before the month and a half you better bring that ramen to me.”
 
----
 
“And tell me why I should do anything for you.” Sesshomaru spoke with sheer boredom.
 
“It's not like I ask you for anything, can't ya do this one thing?” Inuyasha asked aggravated.
 
“You still have not given me a reason for doing anything for you.”
 
Inuyasha rolled his eyes, “You're not really even doing this for me. You'll be doing it for Kagome.”
 
Sesshomaru raised an elegant brow, “Kagome? Is that not the woman who has been wasting her time on you? I was under the impression you hated her.”
 
“I don't hate her… I mean, well not now. And I never really- hey! We're not talking about that! Now just tell me if you're gonna go out with the girl or not!” he yelled.
 
There was a long pause before Sesshomaru answered, “Very well.”
 
“You ass-“ Inuyasha cut himself off when he realized his brother answered oppositely from what he expected, “Wait, seriously?”
 
----
 
“Thanks for lending me your dress, Kagome.” Rin smiled at her friend a bit uneasily.
 
“No trouble at all, Rin.” Kagome smiled back.
 
“I mean I thought you'd kill me after that whole Amari thing.” She laughed nervously. “And here you are, setting me up on a blind date… should I be worried?” she looked at Kagome. It was only one day since the incident with Rin's less than compatible match up and Kagome had her going on a date.
 
A date Rin only agreed to because of said incident. She supposed she owed it to Kagome, but now, she was getting a little worried. Growing up with Kagome, she knew how cruel the girl could be when she was getting back at someone. Especially when she thought back to the whole Yura Inuyasha thing… then again, now that she thought about it, if this guy wasn't for her maybe she could introduce him to Yura.
 
“He'll be coming here to pick you up.” Kagome told her, ignoring Rin's previous question.
 
Rin nodded, still nervous and quite aware that Kagome didn't answer her. Rin stared at her nervous reflection, in one of Kagome's short dresses, it was light blue and had long sleeves, and it went nice with Rin's pink streaked hair, which was still in its side ponytail, much to Kagome's disagreement.
 
Rin didn't even know that she was going on a date until she got to Kagome's place a while ago. It was definitely an unexpected surprise.
 
There was a knock on the door and Shippo ran to answer it. “Inuyasha!” Rin heard him yell. She and Kagome left her room and went into the living room.
 
“What's Inuyasha doing here?” Rin asked, for that matter how did he know where Kagome even lived?
 
“While you're out on your date Inuyasha, Shippo and I are going to have a movie marathon.” She told her.
 
Rin raised an eyebrow and opened her mouth, about to make a comment on the fact that Kagome was getting social with her client outside of Blazing hearts but was cut off before she could begin by the sound of a car horn outside.
 
Kagome smiled immediately and all but pushed Rin out the door, yelling, “Have fun!”
 
Rin groaned nervously as she looked at the car, a black corvette. Nice car but the jerk didn't even walk to the door. She walked to the car and opened the door.
 
“Get in.” the man inside told her. She nodded and buckled herself in. This guy must have been Inuyasha's brother, she thought Inuyasha was hot. The man sitting beside her behind the wheel was simply gorgeous. He had a regal air to him, elegant and, well, feminine even but Rin could work passed that… who couldn't for a god-like creature like him.
 
“I'm Rin.” She told him smiling.
 
“I know.” He replied curtly.
 
Ok so maybe he wasn't so great… well, he had nice hair… maybe he could fix her Yura problem. “So… what's your name?”
 
“Sesshomaru.” He answered. His face was feminine but his voice sure wasn't. God, his voice practically demanded respect. Rin could feel the blush rushing to her face, ok, so he wasn't the nicest but, damn it, screw Yura, Sesshomaru was Rin's.
 
----
 
`Yura can have him.' Rin thought, changing her mind for the thirtieth time through the night, as they walked in the park. The man, well demon, she had already been practically scolded for calling him a man when he was obviously a “strong, demon male”, was a total stiff!
 
He was boring and stoic. He had no feelings as far as Rin could tell. Sure, they had a nice dinner, but he didn't even talk to her! And when he did talk it was just to quickly answer a question or to tell her to shut up! What a jerk.
 
She looked at him as the moonlight shone on his snow white hair. But he was a gorgeous jerk. And he probably had a lot of good qualities, the fact she was turned on by his sheer dominant outlook for one. `Nah, I think I'll have him.' She decided in her head, changing her mind yet again.
 
She bent down and took off her blue pumps and threw them down.
 
“What are you doing?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“I'm going to run in the grass.”
 
“What is the point in that?”
 
“For fun.” She answered him in the same voice he liked to use, causing him to raise a brow, so far the only indication she could tell he was paying attention to her.
 
She smirked and took off running. She ran around the park for a good fifteen minutes, relishing the dewy grass beneath her feet and between her toes, before she was non-too-gently picked up by an annoyed, at least she thought he was annoyed, Sesshomaru.
 
“Hey! Put me down!” she yelled at him and was ignored. “Didn't you hear me? I said put me-“
 
He sat her on one of the park benches and handed her shoes to her. “Put them on and get in the car.”
 
----
 
The movie night was going well, they watched Princess Mononoke and were in the middle of Spirited Away before little Shippo passed out. Inuyasha picked him up and even tucked him into bed for Kagome. She watched from the doorway how he gently ruffled the sleeping boy's hair.
 
“You'd make a good dad.” She told him in all honesty and he smiled back at her. Suddenly the sound of a car pulled her away from Inuyasha as she ran to the window, Inuyasha in tow.
 
They peered out the window, which was cracked so they could hear as well as see. They hid their snickers well as they listened to them.
 
“You are such a jerk! Yura can have you!” Rin yelled.
 
“Is that not the woman who tried to cut the hanyou's hair?” he asked.
 
“Ass can't even use my name.” Inuyasha griped before Kagome elbowed him gently in the rib.
 
“You're boring, I can't stand it! How do you expect to have any fun??” Rin cried.
 
“You act like a child.” He told her.
 
“Better than being some stuck up, girly looking, pretty boy, emotionless jerk!” she yelled at him.
 
Kagome smiled evilly, they hated each other. Her revenge worked, Rin had just as bad a time as she did.
 
“I will pick you up tomorrow.” Sesshomaru said suddenly.
 
“Eight's good, you can come to my apartment for me.” She told him as she handed him a piece of paper, smiling.
 
Kagome's smile and mouth dropped instantaneously. She turned to see Inuyasha wide eyed and blinking.
 
A gushing Rin came in, she hugged Kagome, “I'm just gonna take my clothes and go home. I'll wash the dress.” She told her before she left.
 
“I guess you're just that good.” Inuyasha told her. She guessed he was trying to make her feel better.
 
“Shut up, Inuyasha.” She told him as she plopped down on her couch and turned on the TV.
 
He sat down next to her, “At least she won't be messing with your love life anym-“ He was cut off when Kagome shoved popcorn in his mouth.
 
“I said, shut up, Inuyasha.” She pouted. Kagome didn't want to talk about it.
 
Hope you like, please review.