InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ The Next Match ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
 
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
 
The Next Match
 
Kagome stretched out before getting back to searching the Blazing Hearts database. There were millions of women, but none who Kagome could see with Inuyasha. She sighed.
 
“Hey, Kagome!” shouted a loud voice. Kagome looked to see Rin's client, Eri Takeda, a young woman with short black hair and deep brown eyes. She was an old friend of Kagome's from high school; she was one of the two girls Kagome was friends with who really didn't talk to Rin. Ironic, now that Eri currently depended on Rin for relationships.
 
Kagome smiled, “Hey, Eri. What's up?”
 
Eri sighed, “Still single.” She shrugged.
 
Kagome looked her friend up and down; she was a good 5'4''. She had good complexion, she knew she was sane, a little bossy but sane nonetheless… Kagome knew that Eri wanted marriage and children, she was fun, she was caring towards her friends, and Kagome thought she was pretty spicy, yes, she would work well.
 
Kagome smiled and turned towards Rin, who was currently looking for a match for Eri. “Rin, can I talk to you for a minute?”
 
Rin looked up at her. “Uh, sure. Hold on, Eri.”
 
Eri nodded and sat down. Rin walked with Kagome to her desk, “What is it, Kagome?”
 
“Let's match her up with Inuyasha.”
 
Rin blinked, “Inuyasha? Are you sure they'd be compatible?”
 
Kagome nodded, “She's practically everything on his list, and he's handsome so Eri won't have any objections.”
 
“Ok, it makes sense, and I don't really have anyone lined up for her.”
 
---
 
“Damn it, I'm late.” Inuyasha grumbled as he parked in the Blazing Hearts parking lot. He slammed his car door shut. If it wasn't for stupid Miroku and his stupid pregnant wife problems he wouldn't have been late!
 
Miroku had called before he left, begging him to pick up some watermelon and soy sauce. Sango was having one of her cravings but didn't want him to leave her. The woman had him so scared and confused that the only thing he could do was call Inuyasha.
 
At first Inuyasha wasn't going to do it, but Miroku wouldn't get off the phone and kept whining until he did. Inuyasha felt bad for the man, he knew how bad Sango could be, but a pregnant Sango must have been ten times worse if not more.
 
He shook his head as he walked into the building. He wouldn't have been late if he didn't go. Oh well, he wasn't that late, he was just later than he wanted to be. He opened the door and walked into the large office.
 
“Hey, Inuyasha!” said a smiling Kagome.
 
He smiled back at her, “Hey, Kagome, sorry I'm late.”
 
Kagome looked at the clock, “You're not that late.” She shook her head, “It's doesn't matter. Besides, in two seconds you're gonna love me!” she said excitedly.
 
He smirked, “More than I do now?”
 
She rolled her eyes, “Definitely. I found you a new match and I-“
 
“Wait right there. You found a new match for me? Should I be running for my life or is she an actual match?”
 
“She's not like Yura, I promise. In fact you just missed her; she's getting ready for your date tonight.”
 
“Is it too much to ask for a memo a day in advance?” he asked dryly.
 
“Yes!” Kagura, Botan, Momiji and Rin all yelled in unison from their desks.
 
Kagome laughed and Inuyasha rolled his eyes. There was just no privacy in this place.
 
----
 
Kagome said it was a casual dinner. So Inuyasha wore a pair of blue jeans and a red t-shirt. He looked at Kagome, again in his seat as driver, and asked, “Are you sticking around this time?”
 
Kagome shook her head and smiled, “No, as soon as you two meet and get settled I'm leaving.”
 
“But this is my car.”
 
“We've gone through this before, Inuyasha. I know it's your car.”
 
“How are you going home if it's my car? Rin's going out with Sesshomaru, right?”
 
Kagome nodded, “Hiten's going to come pick me up.”
 
Inuyasha furrowed his brows, “Who's Hiten?”
 
“He's a friend of mine. His little sister's spending the night over my house so he's coming to pick me up and drop Souten off with me.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Here we are.” Kagome said as she parked his car, emphasis on his. Why did she always end up driving his car anyway? He shook his head as he stepped out and looked at the building. It was Riko's Café. Not a bad place, he remembered taking Kikyo here on their first date.
 
“Come on, Inuyasha.” Kagome said as she walked ahead of him. He followed her into the café to a table. “Inuyasha meet Eri. Eri this is Inuyasha.”
 
The Eri girl was cute. Her black hair was very short and she had sparkling brown eyes. She smiled at him brightly, “It's nice to meet you, Inuyasha.” So far she was sane too.
 
He looked at Kagome and she smiled, “See, I told you.” She turned to Eri, “It's nice seeing you again, but I'm gonna get going. Hiten should be here soon.”
“Oh! Tell him I said hi.” Eri said. She knew this Hiten guy too?
 
“No problem. Bye!” she left the diner and Inuyasha sat down.
 
He looked at Eri, “So, who is this Hiten guy?”
 
----
 
Kagome smiled at Hiten as she got into his car. “Hey, Eri said hi.”
 
Hiten raised an eyebrow, “Who?”
 
“She went to school with us. She liked you a lot.”
 
“Was she the short girl who Manten had a crush on?”
 
Kagome nodded, “Yeah, that was her.”
 
“Hey, Kagome!” Souten shouted.
 
“Hey, Souten, are you ready for the sleepover?”
 
“Yes!” she yelled. Kagome laughed and Hiten drove out of the parking lot.
 
----
 
Inuyasha watched out the window as the car drove away. He didn't get a good look at the guy and wasn't so sure he wanted Kagome in that car. He turned his attention back to Eri who was still telling him all about Hiten.
 
“His brother, Manten, always wanted to go out with me, but there was no way that was gonna happen. Besides, I liked Hiten. But Hiten wouldn't go out with me, he said it was because he didn't like me, but I knew that he cared too much about Manten's feelings and that was why he said he didn't like me.”
 
“So he's… attractive?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Oh, yeah, he's gorgeous. Um, why do you want to know? Are you bisexual or gay, because, no offense, but I specifically asked for a straight guy. I mean after that whole Kagome, Bankotsu thing, I don't wanna take any chances.”
 
Inuyasha blanched, “No, no, no! I'm not gay- uh, what about Kagome?”
 
Eri smiled, “Oh, good. Oh, Kagome was engaged to this Bankotsu guy who turned around and left her for some other guy. Poor Kags was heartbroken. I mean it was bad enough when Kouga left her for Ayame in high school, but…”
 
“Wait, who?”
 
“Back in high school Kagome was dating this wolf demon named Kouga. Man, they were practically the hottest couple, anyway, Kouga hit the age or whatever and he needed to mate, right? But Kags wasn't ready for that so he left her for another wolf demoness named Ayame who was. Personally I think Ayame threw herself at him, it was no secret she wanted him for herself. She thought she was better for him because she was the same species or whatever. Either way it was a horrible breakup and I know for a fact Kouga regretted it, probably still does. It doesn't matter anymore then, does it? I mean, wolves mate forever or something like that. I still think the Bankotsu breakup was way worse though. I mean, he left her for a guy.”
 
Inuyasha shook his head, “How do you know this?”
 
Eri shrugged. “Kagome and I went to school and college together and whenever something happened to her it was only a matter of time before everyone found out. Her relationships are the hottest gossip.”
 
Inuyasha couldn't believe what he had heard. “Damn…” No wonder Kagome was single, hell, after that he was surprised that she was straight.
 
Eri nodded, “Yeah, I thought she'd go dike after that, but then along came Houjo.”
 
“Houjo?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Yeah, Akitoki Houjo, the man was a total health nut. He was practicing to become a doctor; anyway, he met Kagome in our third year of college and swept her off her feet. Kagome fell hard too, she always does. They got married at the beginning of our fourth year. But I don't know why they divorced, I guess only Rin knows, well, other than Kagome, but that girl won't tell me anything.”
 
I'll end this here. Yes, I took the name Akitoki from Houjo's ancestor, but that's only because I don't know Houjo's real first name and no one I know knows either. I hope you liked it; light has been shed on Kagome for Inuyasha. Next chapter we learn about the divorce, how fun! Please, review.