InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ A Broken Heart: A Torn Soul ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
A Broken Heart: A Torn Soul
How she remembered that day... when the hanyou showed his true features to her. Something that certainly nothing with human blood should be able to do... she shuddered to remember.
Kikyo sighed, did she ever really love him? Of course she did, she knew that. There was no other reason for her to go out with a man who had demon blood coursing through his veins. But it was only half of him she loved.
She smiled in remembrance of the new moon, where silver hair turned black, dog ears became human, claws retracted and golden eyes softened into a deep brown... this was the form she loved most. When he was most open and she was most open with him, it had despaired her so that it only came once a month, but she anticipated it every day.
She then found a way to make her one dream to become a reality. The Shikon Jewel. One wish and he would become fully human. At that time she was certain that he would do it for her. That he would become a full blood human so she could have a normal relationship and be completely happy.
But that never happened.
They walked together down the street from the park a block away from Kikyo's apartment. The sun was going down and it the beauty of it almost stole her breath. She looked at the hanyou walking beside her and smiled. Tonight was the night.
They entered her apartment, “What did you need to talk to me about?” he asked her.
She led him into the living room, she sat him on the sofa. “You... you said you'd do anything for me, right?”
Inuyasha furrowed his brows, “Kikyo, you know that.”
She smiled, “There's a jewel. It can get rid of the demon in you, you can be human.”
“You... want me to become full human?” he asked slowly, the realization dawning on him exactly what it was she wanted from him as he looked into her hopeful brown eyes. He let out an inaudible sigh. Half of him completely unsurprised and the other disappointed.
“It'd just make things easier on both of us.”
“Easier?” he asked almost unbelievably, “Easier on who?”
“On us,” she furrowed her brows, “on our relationship.”
He didn't answer her. He didn't acknowledge it for the rest of that night. Nor the next day or the day after... he avoided the topic at all cost. At least, until she couldn't handle it anymore.
“You can't keep ignoring me!” she yelled at him, she had stopped him outside of his work.
He locked up the garage and looked at her, “I am not ignoring you, Kikyo.”
She glared at him, “You haven't given me an answer yet.”
Inuyasha sighed, “Do we have to talk about this right now?”
They didn't talk about it then. The topic dropped and weeks had passed and nothing was said. She couldn't handle this anymore, she had to talk to him. She needed an answer damn it. She made her way to his home, determination in her eyes. She would have her answer. She would have her normal relationship... and if he chose not to become human... she wasn't sure what she would do. She had confidence that she could still manage to stay with him if only for the new moon. He wasn't horrible as a hanyou but she couldn't keep going without an answer. She had to know where they were going. And she knew that what she was asking of him was right, she was sure that she was still being reasonable. All she'd wanted was what was best for the both of them.
She knocked on his door. No one answered. She listened but heard nothing. Where was he? It was Saturday... he didn't have to work today. She left hesitantly and walked down the street, a noise caught her attention. It sounded like a fight, she turned the corner and stopped. It was an ally... instantly she was bombarded with images of her mother... the thought of someone in trouble though, made her continue to follow the sounds. She pulled out her cell phone and called the police as she got closer... two demons...
The black cell phone dropped from her hand as the dispatcher continued talking. “Hello?” the voice was distant to her now.
All sound mute to her and the only thing she could see was the silver hair and claws and fangs... those golden eyes cruel and aimed to kill.
Even the other demon was invisible to her... until the bat creature fell to the ground, lifeless and those cruel eyes turned onto her. His teeth bared and his claws poised, he was ready to attack her. She knew this was the end, she attempted to say something, to scream... but she fell mute. Unable to do anything, paralyzed much like she was that night.
She squeezed her eyes shut waiting for the deadly razors to slice into her. She didn't see his eyes widen, nor the jagged purple marks under his eyes begin to disappear. His fangs shortened. “Kikyo...”
That she heard. Her eyes snapped open and in that moment she had movement again. She ran from him as fast as she could run. No... he was a demon. Human blood or not, the demon would over rule him! And she would not be there for that.
It was self defense and he wasn't charged. The bat demon had attacked him, she later learned when Inuyasha came to her home, her cell phone—which had survived the fall with the exception of a few dings and scraped—in hand. She forgave him then... or she had said she did. But it wasn't long after she left him for good, never to speak to him again.
Until recently.
When he began to date her cousin. Poor Kagome... the woman had no idea what she was in for. All it would take was one lost temper and his demonic blood could take over again. That was why she had left him before it could happen to her.
But Kagome wouldn't listen to her. Like she never listened when Kikyo warned her against the baby demon she adopted. That cute little boy would grow into a vicious creature one day. Kagome didn't know what was best for her. Demons were animals. Dangerous animals. And it was her job... to keep her safe from them.
It was luck that he hadn't killed Kikyo too that night. That he somehow regained control, but he had no proof that he could stay in control all the time. And Kagome's luck seemed never in her favor.
----
She found herself speechless. She knew what he was like, she knew his unconventional, cruel and—sometimes—insane ways... but this was unbelievable. “Naraku... how?”
“You know that I can make anything happen. If I want it,” he looked at her levelly. She knew well enough he had that power. And it was that ability that kept her from doing anything rash around this man.
She looked away from him, she was no angel herself. More than once the law would have had grounds to put her away or even to death. “It won't end the way you want,” she warned him. She turned to look him in the eye, “The whole idea is unstable.”
Naraku merely laughed at his partner. “You act like your opinion counts, Abi.”
She glared at him and left, shutting the door swiftly behind her. She didn't know why she bothered opening her mouth. She knew she wouldn't have the skills to persuade him to think otherwise. He was a mad man. A mad demon... who had the money and power to do as he liked.
Despite this, he was an idiot all the same. He thought he had the entire galaxy in the palm of his hand, everything would go according to whatever plan he had laid out. That would get him one day and spell disaster for both him... 'and me if I don't get out of this,' she thought.
--
Naraku laughed as he picked up the phone. Oh how Kagome would learn. She'd learn soon enough not to make a fool out of him; not to play him for the sap.
A sap, he was not. She belonged to him and she'd learn.
Or she would die.
A simple ultimatum he believed and perfectly logical.
The phone continued to ring until a voice picked up, “Kagewaki's Institution for Criminally Insane.”
Naraku grinned as he waited on hold for a secretary to pick up, he didn't wait for the person to speak before he stated simply, “Get me Royakan.”
 
Ah so long since the last update, I know. Well I intended more for this but wished to end it here. At least that way something will be posted and I liked this ending. It is shorter than I wanted but procrastination and too much alternative writing got to me. It also somehow ended up more Kikyo centered but at least there's some background on the old relationship and how that wound up where it did. Next chapter SHOULD NOT take as long as I will no longer be forced to use up all my writing muses for classes. Hope you liked it anyway. Review.