InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bleeding Heart ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He couldn't believe his eyes. She was actually approaching him. After all the horrible things he had done in the past few hours, she was approaching him. She looked so determined for some reason. He could understand it. Why would she still make any effort to be close to him? He was a low life half demon, unworthy of even a kind look from a woman such as herself. He couldn't take it any longer. He had to end her suffering. He had to leave before he had no resolve left at all.

She was a mere few feet in front of him, when she saw them change again. Those amber eyes changed slightly to emit rays of desperation. He was planning on running. He didn't want to hurt anymore. No more than she cared to hurt anymore. His body trembled slightly in hesitation and it was all the signal she needed.

“Inuyasha! Please!” she shouted as she launched herself forward. Tear streaming from her eyes. The heel of her dress shoes caught in the uneven ground, and pitched her forward. She felt herself falling, but she didn't care. She couldn't lose sight of his eyes. She needed to maintain the connection. If she didn't he would leave her and he would suffer.

She was falling. The tears she shed glistened in the moonlight, but she would not stop staring at him. Instincts urged him on. He stepped forward and caught her before she had fell too far. He assisted her to a standing position, but he did not release his grasp on her arms. He stood there lost in her eyes, for she had yet to break the connection between them.

“Ka...go...me.” He whispered softly. Edging slightly closer so that their bodies were just on the verge of touching.”Kagome, I'm sorry.....about earlier.......at your school.” He waited for her response, but nothing came. He continued if just to ward of the silence between them. “I don't know why I got so mad. I guess seeing that Hobo idiot holding you and then kissing you.......I just......I didn't like the way it made me feel.”

“Wait a minute, you saw us kissing? Just how long were you spying on me?” Kagome finally spoke up. Finally looking away, she wondered what else she had possible done that he had payed witness to. She suddenly blushed at the thought.

Inuyasha too was a deep shade of crimson. In embarrassment he released her. “Spying? I wasn't spying on you. Why would I care what you do?!”

He crossed his arms in a defensive matter and gazed angrily into the distance. Kagome smiled at this. Inuyasha was acting his normal self. His amber eyes were sparkling once more. Despair had vanished to once again be replaced by confidence.

“Sure you weren't!” She stated hands on her hips, readying herself to reprimand him. “If you weren't spying on me than exactly what were you doing at my school?”

He had taken up a leaning position on a nearby tree. Staring at the ground he spoke in a tone barely audible. “Do you really hate me Kagome?”

Taken back by this, Kagome could only stare in disbelief. “Hate you, why would I hate you Inuyasha?”

“At the waterfall, after you healed Kikyo, you said that you hated me? Kaede said that maybe your soul connected with Kikyo's and you were able to see her past. What did you see Kagome? What did I do that made you so angry?” Inuyasha was still staring at the ground, not displaying any of his former confidence.

“Oh......that.” Kagome didn't really know how to continue. She finally decided that honesty was her best option. Better to lay it all out now than let it bite her in the ass later. It was going to be a long discussion, so she decided she might as well get comfortable. She sat down of the cool grass and smoothed her dress around her legs.

“Well Inuyasha, I saw everything. Start to finish. Your first meeting, your first embrace, and your last moments.”

Inuyasha looked up at this and looked very worried. He too decided to sit and rested his back against the same tree as before. He was about to speak when Kagome signaled him to be quiet.

“Thinking about it now, it seems childish that it would anger me so. I mean, its not as if I didn't know about the two of you and your past. I guess it was just a bit of a shock to have the visions playing so dramatically through my head. It didn't help that I could feel Kikyo's every emotion too. It was tragic and hard to overcome. I just felt that perhaps I had been invading on something that wasn't finished. I mean, you would still go and see her if you knew she was around. I know that you still care for her. When I ran off, I just needed some time to myself. I thought that it would be easier on you if you didn't have to hide your feelings for Kikyo because I was there.” Kagome paused for a moment to gather her thoughts once more. She continued before Inuyasha could interrupt her. “I know that I was being selfish. I realize know that I have probably been bothering you for sometime now. I....”

“Feh” Inuyasha interrupted. “You really are stupid you know!”

Kagome let out a gasp as her head shot up to stare at the demon who was laughing before her. She felt tears pooling in her eyes from his insult.

“You really must be stupid.”

“Well you don't have to rub it in Inuyasha!” She whimpered as she began to cry once more. A single finger on her cheek startled her. She hadn't heard Inuyasha move. He followed the trail of the tear down her face and wiped it from her chin. Using his thumb and forefinger, he moved her face up so she was again looking at him.

“You little fool. How could you even think that? If I didn't have you I would be lost. If you hadn't stuck by me......well.....I think I would be dead by now.” He spoke with sincerity. “ I thought that you didn't want me around anymore. I thought it was because......because I was always causing you such pain.” He released her chin and sat back once more satisfied that her crying had ceased.

“Kagome......about Kikyo. It's true that we did love each other once, but that was a long time ago. I do still have feelings for her, but I wouldn't call it love.”

Kagome gasped slightly at this. Had she been wrong all this time? What would he call it then? Why did he always go to her?

“Kikyo......well......I guess I still care about her. At first, when she was resurrected, I would sneak to see her, because I thought I did still love her. Then I realized that it wasn't love, it was my need to protect her. I did promise her after all. I feel that I'm am responsible for her, since it is my fault that she is dead. She doesn't have anyone at all anymore. I still try to make sure she is ok. Half the time she doesn't care to see me at all, but we have a certain agreement now. I guess I knew how you felt about it, so I tried to hide it when I would go check up on her.”

Kagome just sat there staring in disbelief at Inuyasha. He had never before been able to bare his soul to her. She never had heard his side of the story and had just made assumptions. “Your right Inuyasha, I am a fool. I should never have assumed what your intentions were. I guess I just got a little jealous that all.”

Jealous? Why would she be jealous? She.....no she couldn't.....I'm nothing. I'm a half demon.....useless....untouchable.” Inuyasha didn't understand why the angel before him still sat staring over at him with those emotion filled eyes. He had so much more that he wanted to say, but how would she react? Would she hear him out, or laugh?

“Inuyasha?” Kagome asked as she suddenly moved and came to rest beside the very red faced demon. “Why did you come after me? I .....mean......I sealed the well so you couldn't come. Why did you still come after I had been so cruel?” She now too was leaning against the tree. Her shoulders brushed against his. She leaned over to free her sore feet from the confines to the high heels she had been wearing. Feeling relief, she stretched her legs out of dug her toes through the cool mossy covering beneath the tree.

Inuyasha was enthralled with this action. He watched as her fingers slowly unlaced the bindings of those shoes. His pulse quickened as those feet stretched elegantly so close to his own. The silk of her dress slowly, as if pulled by the light touch of an invisible finger, slide gracefully off her leg. It revealed the creamy skin of her calves. His eyes were drawn up by the slight movement of her hands. She had found a small flower and was twirling it in her hands which laid relaxed in her lap. Higher yet, a small tendril of hair caressed the nape of her neck. How he envied it in that moment. Eventually his eyes met hers. Turning an even deeper shade of crimson, he turned away quickly.

Why did I come....I thought it was pretty obvious. She really has no idea!” Inuyasha could believe what he was probably about to say.

“Well.....I ......You know!” It was all he could stammer out. Using the same gruff angry voice as always when he was highly embarrassed. “Why the hell did you put that damn seal on the well anyways? A little much don't cha think!” He was giving her the evil eye looking a little to perplexed.

It was Kagome's turn to blush a get flustered. “Well, if you hadn't been such an idiot!” She shouted back crossing her arms over her chest and turning away in a pout.

The two were in a stalemate like normal. Neither one willing to admit their errors and neither being brave enough to admit their true feels. The remained there for quite awhile in silence, both pretending to be angry, but both simply trying to figure out what to do next.

Inuyasha was tapping his fingers in a rapid fashion on one leg. Kagome still had her face knotted into quite the frown. Arms where drawn tightly around her chest. Both began to soften at the same time. Unknowingly to the pair, their thoughts bordered the same thinly drawn line. In the same instant they dropped their emotional barriers and quickly turned to offer their apologies.

Their movements combined landed them in a most awkward position. For the two had turned at the same moment only to manage to crack foreheads.

“Ouch!” Kagome whined and instantly began to rub her forehead. Inuyasha followed suit and cursed.

Quite the predicament we're in!” Kagome smiled at the humor in the situation. Soon she was giggling in a most unladylike like fashion.

“Damn it! What's so funny?” The flustered hanyou grumbled.

“Oh......giggle....Inuyasha!” Kagome grinned before embracing the half demon in a giant bear hug. “I don't care why you came through the well. I'm just glad you came.”

Inuyasha was surprised when his angel suddenly ended up wrapping her arms around his neck. “Kagome?” He questioned lightly. When no response came, he carefully wrapped his arms around her. His hands delighted in the feel of her soft skin. The curve of her spine was left for his enjoyment in that opened back gown she was wearing. He inhaled the wonderful scent of her skin. He battled that tendril of hair at the nape of her neck. The one that had teased him earlier as he watched it caress her skin in the same manner he had wished too. Finally, he pushed it away, winning a nuzzle at the nape of her neck.

A slight growl escaped his throat and he was excited even more at her reaction. She had shivered, not in cold, at that deep vibration in his throat. He never wanted this to end. Her fragile form was nestled in his lap, wrapped in his embrace. His angel, his will to live, the one he loved.

Kagome was beside herself with joy when those arms wrapped tightly around her. She was ecstatic when that thumb brushed her lower back in a rhythmic motion. She almost gasped when that nose pushed her hair out of the way to come to rest on her neck. His breath on there throat was almost more than she could bear. Then, to top it of, he growled, causing a shiver to spread across her body. She turned her head slightly to rest it on his shoulder, leaving the length of her bare throat available for his enjoyment.

Wrapped in his embrace she began to speak once more. “I thought I could leave you.”

His breath caught in his throat and he was unable to release it until she continued.

“I thought I could, but I was wrong. I couldn't stop thinking about you the entire time I was here. I couldn't concentrate on my school work. I couldn't sleep at night. I couldn't function. My heart bled Inuyasha. I thought it was because of my experience at the falls, but I know now that I was wrong. My bleeding heart was because I had left you. It longed for you and no one else could ease the pain in it. Now, right now in this very moment though, it has ceased to hurt. In fact, it feels free now. No......that's not right....it feels..........full!” Kagome smiled when she thought about it.

“Full?” he whispered, the feeling it left on her skin again sending shivers down her spine.

“Mmmmm hmmmm! Full. It's so full of love right now, I think it could explode.”

His eyes widened at this. “Love, my angel loves me!” A single tear escaped his eyes and landed on Kagome's skin.

Feeling this, Kagome pulled slightly back from his embrace so that she could see the demons face. “Inu.....yasha? Did I say something wrong?” She looked worriedly at Inuyasha as his head was down and he refused to look at her.

“How could you love me Kagome? I'm a worthless half demon. I've hurt you so many times. I'm not worthy of love.....not from you.......not from anyone.” His words were so quiet.

She knew that she was taking a chance. But she had to prove to him just how very wrong he was. She edged closer very slowly. Closing the distance inch by precious inch, she used her right hand to brush the hair from his face. When he looked up out of reaction to her touch, she was so close that they brushed noses. Closing her eyes she leaned in further to gently place her lips upon his. She spoke in whispers letting her lips gently caress his as she spoke. “Never again.....shall you be alone. Never again......shall you hurt. Never again....will you feel worthless. I give to you the gift of love. A light to follow in the dark. A hope to cling to in despair. A hand to lift you higher.” Opening her eyes she was pierced by misty amber ones. With her lips still on his, she finished. “Inuyasha......you are loved. I....love....you!” She closed her eyes and pressed her lips firmly on his. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she clung to him, with the need to be accepted.

He had imagined that it would be something like this, but this was so much better. The warm of her breath as she expressed her love. The tingling sensation the movement of her lips had caused to his own as she spoke. The feeling of her embrace. The intensity of emotion that was in her kiss. He could not fight it any longer. He tightened his embraced so much that he was afraid of crushing her. He deepened the kiss and fire shot through his veins when he heard her moan. She had parted her lips slightly in that moment and thus allowed him to dive deeper into her very soul. The pair remained in such a state that they hadn't seen the light beginning to creep upon the horizon.

Finally, content to just be in each others embrace, they watched in amazement as the sun gave birth to a brand new day. It was a new beginning for them as well.

Kagome startled as Inuyasha stood up, lifting her as he did so. He carried her towards the well. She smiled and nuzzled into his neck as they approached the Bone eaters well.

Gripping his beloved, Inuyasha carefully jumped into its depths. Surrounded by the blue light of the well, the two advanced into an ancient era. Jumping out of the well, the sights and smells of the forest greeted them in the glistening morning light. Inuyasha knew that this was the moment he had dreamed about for the last year. He set Kagome down gently, grasped her hand and began to lead her. The barefoot pair soon found themselves at the base of the sacred tree.

“Kagome........” He found himself blushing again, “I have loved you for so long, but i was afraid that if you knew.......well...you know.”

Kagome just smiled, encouraging the suddenly bashful man before her to continue.

“Well, Kagome, I was wondering........if you........ummmm, I was wondering.” He was having a great deal of trouble trying to get the words out. “ Oh damn.” cursing, he took a deep breath and grasped both her hands. “Mmmmm......mm..m... Mate!” Was all he could manage.

“Inuyasha? Are you asking me to be your mate?” Kagome smiled and giggled at his nervous state. When he simply nodded and still avoided her gaze. She laughed once more and answered with a kiss.

The two were once again caught up with each other that they failed to hear the arrival of some very happy friends. Kaede, Miroku, Sango, Kirara, and Shippo had made it just in time to hear the proposal and witnessed the very passionate answer.

“Kagome!!!!!!” Shippo shouted as he rushed towards the pair.

The sun crested the tops of the trees to shed its rays of light on the festiveness nature of the individuals below. If any of the birds chirping in the trees could be classified as on lookers. They would have gotten a good laugh at the scene below. A beautiful woman in a long flowing silken dress embraced a demon slayer as an angry dog demon chased a mischievous monk and fox demon around a small well. An old women simply smiled and looked to the sky to enjoy the birth of a new day and the coming to pass of two incomplete lives.


Hojo laid in bed after a short stint in the hospital. The band player had made him go out of fear of a concusion. He still hadn't figured out exactly what had happened. Everything had been clear when he had first awoke at the school, but as the headache raged, he had forgotten much of what had transpired. “Kagome's ex.....he looked like a crazy biker.....maybe he wears makeup......or maybe someone spiked the punch. I called her house and her mom said she was fine. I must be losing my mind. Maybe I'll check my herbal books after I nap.”