InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Boys To Women ❯ Growing Pains ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


You know what? This is getting riddiculous. Infact, I'm not even going to put an excuse for my lack of updating consistency. So, I'll simply let you get on with the chapter. Oh, and thank you everyone who gave me name suggestions! I greatly appreciat it. But I have decided not to change their names. I kind of have a reason why, which I'll reaveal later. Enjoy at your own peril!

Growing Pains

Kagome handed another tissue to Miroku, her fifteenth one. For some reason, the former monk couldn't stop crying. Though Sango had said that she still wanted the old him, the new her still found what Sesshomaru said surprisingly hurtful. It was true. As a male, Miroku had went out of his way to get what he wanted without any regards as to Sango's feelings. A good rump-rub was always the cure for everything. But now, looking back and in the eyes of a woman, his actions were unjustifiable and this thought alone kept her crying.

"God, you promised that you'd never flood the earth again. But Miroku will!" Inuyasha called out on his way to the bathroom. Sango and Kagome threw a nasty look towards the door. Miroku simply hiccuped. The girls went back to trying to comfort their new found "sister" but the tender moment was inturrupted by a hysteric shriek. All three ran out into the hall to see what had happened.

"HOLY SHIT, I'M DYING!!" Inuyasha screamed and ran out of the bathroom with his/her pants pulled down to her ankles. "What?! What is it?" Kagome asked him. Inuyasha grabbed her arm and led her back into the bathroom. Pointing to the toilet, she said, "I've spontaneously started to bleed! I can't make it stop!" The other two joined them and surveyed the area. In the trashcan were about twenty wads of soiled toilet paper, all Inuyasha's doing.

Hurridly, she grabbed a new roll of toilet paper and started unraveling it around her fingers. Quickly she shoved it between her legs, then pulled it out again. "Oh shit! It's still going! I don't wanna die!" Sango was trying her hardest not to laugh, as was Miroku. Kagome on the other hand, stared at her former crush in astonishment.

"Look Inuyasha, this happens to women every 28 days, I believe--" "You mean every month you nearly die?!" he cut her off. She shook her head. "No, it's a natural thing. It only lasts for about four or five days--" "Oh God! I'm gonna be shriveled up by then!" And without hearing Kagome out, she dashed downstairs, still half naked and screaming, "I don't wanna die! I'm still too young!"

Sesshomaru was enjoying her sun bathing out on the back patio. She had finally figured out how to work Kagome's stereo system (in her opinion, the damn thing had too many buttons) when her brother-turned-sister came running up to her. "Sesshomaru! You've gotta help me! I keep bleeding and I can't stop! Oh, no! I think I'm feeling faint! Don't go towards the light, Inuyasha, don't go towards the light!"

Sesshomaru stared at her like she'd lost her damn mind. "So, the little cretin is having her first period," She said in her familar drawl. "Good. Die." And with that, she went back to reading her Vouge! magazine. "Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha whined. "Help me! I know you don't love me, but--" "That's just it. I don't love you. Now leave. You're blocking my sunlight. And for Christ sake, pull your pants up! You look like a murder scene."

Sango and Kagome caught up to Inuyasha in the back yard. Both of them grabbing a hand, they dragged her back to the bathroom (which Kagome had grudingly cleaned) and explained her current situation. The converstation, in Kagome's mind, didn't go half bad. Inuyasha actually listened to her instructions (explaining her options between pads and tampons) and only once again screamed that she was going to die.

"How do you put up with it? So this has happened to both of you since you were twelve?" Inuyasha asked them incredulously. They nodded solemly. The other simply shook her head in amazement. "Just why I have to become a guy again. I don't think I could take much more of this!" he/she mumbled. After showing her where everything was kept, Inuyasha gratefully tore out of there. The bathroom was now only a place that she would enter only when completly necessary; to her, the place was taboo.

"Lucky bastards," Sango said to Kagome on their way back to her room. "Why don't guys have periods? It's not fair!" "Guys can't have kids," Kagome sighed. "But at least we have three right here who now know what we go through," she said in a lighter tone. Sango snorted. "Inuyasha's repulsed that we have a "time of the month" and Sesshomaru's too absorbed with her perfect rack to see the things women really go through. Miroku is about the only one who's taking this experience seriously. Mostly."

They walked into Kagome's room and found Miroku examining a jar of Vaseline a little too intently. "Hmm," he/she muttered. She turned toward the other two. "Kagome, what do you use this for?" "Well, what does it say on the back?" Kagome huffed. She didn't relish what Miroku was getting at. Miroku read the back label, then looked at her again. "So, what do you use it for?" She asked again. Finally realization dawned on Sango's face. "Oh, Miroku! That's disgusting!" She grabbed her by her arm and all but threw her out the room. Slaming the door, she looked at Kagome and shook her head. Then realizing something else, she opened the door again and snatched the jar of Vaseline out Miroku's hands, who was still standing there in shock.

About an hour later, Sesshomaru entered the house, not tanned, but sunburned. "Why the hell is the sun so fucking bright?" She grumbled. She was about to sit down on the couch, but it hurt too much. Inuyasha smirked at her misfortune "Aww, little Sesshy catching hell moving around? Bet you wished you hadn't stayed out there so damn long, huh?" Reaching over, she poked Sesshomru in he stomach. "Bitch!" she hissed and swiped at her with her claws, but that just caused more pain.

Through out the rest of the day, Inuyasha kept touching Sesshomaru's burns, enjoying the fact that there wasen't much she could do about it. "Here, Sesshomaru." Kagome tryed to put some cocoa butter on her, but Sesshomaru growled and slashed at her too. "Don't touch me, human wench! How dare you think you're worthy enough to touch me!" "Fine!" Kagome snapped. "If you think you're so high and mighty as to not accept help when you know you need it, fine then! Ooh, I can't stand you're arrogant ass!" And with that, she slamed down the jar and sat down on the couch.

Sesshomaru tryed to bend down and reach to jar, but it hurt too much. He looked around the room at the crowd of spectators. "What the fuck ya'll lookin' at?" She spat. They all just smirked. Sesshomaru tried to reach for the jar again, but ended up kicking it under a chair. She let out a frustrated groan. "Inuyasha? Be a dear and hand me the cocoa butter." Inuyasha raised an eyebrow at her. "Not too long ago, I needed your help and what did you tell me? 'Get out of my sunlight'. You got what you had coming to you."

Sesshomaru growled at her. "Inuyasha," She said in a deadly quiet voice, sounding very like the old Sesshomaru. "Get me the jar. Now." Her sister snorted. "No." An explosion of anger flashed across the demoness' face, then just as quickly, she controlled it. "Please." The room fell silent. "Oh...my...god!" Miroku finally spoke up. "Did anyone else hear that, or am I just imagining it? Did the Great Sesshomaru actually say please?!"

Inuyasha gave a huge sigh. "Well...since you said it so nicely, I guess I'll just..." She made like she was going to get the jar, but sat back down again. "No." She wanted to see her beg some more. This was just too good to miss out on the opportunity. "Please great sister of mine, could you get the jar for me." Sesshomaru said in a sarcastic tone. "Hmm, gee, sounding like that, I wouldn't get you a sandwich made from my own crap." Finally, the other gave a huge sigh and said in a voice as if it would cost her to say it,"I'm sorry. I was wrong about what I said earlier. Please get me the jar of coacoa butter because I am in great pain."

Despite herself, Inuyasha gave a huge smile. "That will do." She reached under the chair and got the jar and handed it to her. Then, too caught up in the moment, she hugged her. "OUCH! INUYASHA, LET ME THE FUCK GO!" Sesshomaru screamed. Inuyasha quickly did as she said, and even helped her apply the salve. "There, don't you feel better?" she asked her. Sesshomaru had to admit, the stuff was fast-acting. "Yes, my burns feel better already." Inuyasha frowned. "I wasn't talking about the coacoa butter, I was talking about you admitting that you needed help." Sesshomaru turned her back on her. "Don't get used to it. I do what I have to do to get the job done."

But Inuyasha smiled again. Who are you trying to kid, sis? I know you better than that. You could have gotten the jar on your own and bared the pain of doing it. But you actually wanted me to help you. Or maybe I'm just looking too deep into this. With a large sigh, she settled down on the couch with the others (even Sesshomaru who could sit now) to once again become absorbed with the "idiot box."

Ah, after what must have seemed like a life time, I fianlly have updated! So, review and tell me how you liked (or didn't like) it!